Altezza's RS200 limit

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
i'm not sure about force-feedback thing. all i know is, the car will feel power loss and drop speed. mine experience such cut at 200km/h. whenever i touches 200, i will feel the speed loss and drop back to 190km/h. i know still can go further cos i have not press the pedal to the metal yet. during the power loss, i didn't feel any force on the accelerator.

wow... 250km/h. that's cool. wish to try that 1 day. haha.

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
i guess sabah have not much space for me to reach out to 250kmh although i know the trusty tezza can do it.. unless i would like to end up in a monsoon drain or river or the sea .. hahaha... so i'll just stick with the stock . I'm just interested in zero to 100!!!

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
need to buy some kevlar to wrap my balls first... XD
someday would like to experience how the force-feedback felt like personally..XD

Get the HKS SLD2 !.. or the Sard Attack Meter !.. yoohoooo!
Hey mike! here u ajak people install but you yourself dont install!!!....how can????:rofl::rofl:

Anyways before attempting 250kph make sure suspension(for the car ..not the balls..:rofl:);tyres(balancing;camber and toe);bodyparts(CF hood,front spoiler/lips);brakes are all in good condition and/or bolted down properly.Flat-spotted tyres could start vibrating above 200kph.

Also the longer it takes to reach past 200kph the scarier it becomes; either you run into traffic or run out of road!!

Be safe!!!:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

attached link on porsche acceleration to show that acceleration is not linear.

1 mile acceleration testing 997GT2 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

In short: 0-100kph took 3.9s
100-200kph took 6.2s.....200-250kph took 5.88s
200-300kph took 15.63s implies 250-300kph took 9.75s

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
Hey mike! here u ajak people install but you yourself dont install!!!....how can????:rofl::rofl:

Anyways before attempting 250kph make sure suspension(for the car ..not the balls..:rofl:);tyres(balancing;camber and toe);bodyparts(CF hood,front spoiler/lips);brakes are all in good condition and/or bolted down properly.Flat-spotted tyres could start vibrating above 200kph.

Also the longer it takes to reach past 200kph the scarier it becomes; either you run into traffic or run out of road!!

Be safe!!!:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

attached link on porsche acceleration to show that acceleration is not linear.

1 mile acceleration testing 997GT2 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

In short: 0-100kph took 3.9s
100-200kph took 6.2s.....200-250kph took 5.88s
200-300kph took 15.63s implies 250-300kph took 9.75s
definitely reinforced balls would help a lot . and I have not bolted my cf hood. I have a good reason to go slow.. hahaha.. and my rear camber is now at -2.05 both. All sabah mechs said tezza's rear camber cannot be adjusted . theoretically i think that is bullshit. The tyres ripping off is driving me mad!!

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
250km/h ? are u sure? altezza speedo is so overrated... have tried my top speed, the speedo niddle almost 6 o'clock, but my GPS only showing 209km/h.. the GPS has the accuracy of 3 meters.. and yup, before i got my car speedcut remove, i do fell as the gas paddle kicks back at me.. are all fly-by-wire throttle feel the same way ?

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Last sunday tested top speed again when i come back from SIC, speed show on my GPS is 241kmh, but the speedo meter turn to 7 o'clock.
But yet i still don't like that i got bully by those turbo, i need a turbo!!!

nksc

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2006
pk47..ur car auto or manual?

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
guys, just check wit all of the taikos here. what is the speed cut of stock tezza? 180 km/h? if mine can hit 200 km/h then only experience power loss, is it the final drive being tune before?

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
my one is auto. I heard my another friend who drove an Altezza, he said auto's top end is higher than manual because of the 5speed and 6speed gear ratio.

TopSecret

Nov 25, 2003
bcoz the final drive different 5 spd auto 4.1 final, 6 spd manual 4.3 ('02 model)

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
guys, just check wit all of the taikos here. what is the speed cut of stock tezza? 180 km/h? if mine can hit 200 km/h then only experience power loss, is it the final drive being tune before?
I think is not power lost. Actually is not enough fuel for the car to speed more then 180km/hr . This is due to the std stock ECU that control how much fuel to inject . Are you using std stock ecu with HKS sld type II speed limit defender? If you really want to solve this problem then get yourself a Toms ecu. Is very smooth and the air fuel ratio is very well set by the toms tuner in japan

I use to have a toms ecu those days and my speed is 220km/hr at forth gear in tip tronic mode and i didnt switch to D coz i m getting very near to a corner so need to slow down

The best thing using the toms ecu is there is no rev cut in tip tronic mode

3s- ge engine is a high rev engine . Did you watch the movie initial D? If yes , when the AE86 change the engine , it need to rev til ard 11k rpm then only the power comes in rite? same goes to 3s-ge but not till 11k rpm lar hahahahahaha

There is one member here that i knew using toms ecu , maybe you can ask him some opinion

So , my dear friend , consider getting one ? hahahahahaha

Btw for those who experience the speed ard 240km/hr plus minus, will feel a little vibration coming from under carriage.....so drive safe .

cheers

Last edited:

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
I think is not power lost. Actually is not enough fuel for the car to speed more then 180km/hr . This is due to the std stock ECU that control how much fuel to inject . Are you using std stock ecu with HKS sld type II speed limit defender? If you really want to solve this problem then get yourself a Toms ecu. Is very smooth and the air fuel ratio is very well set by the toms tuner in japan

I use to have a toms ecu those days and my speed is 220km/hr at forth gear in tip tronic mode and i didnt switch to D coz i m getting very near to a corner so need to slow down

The best thing using the toms ecu is there is no rev cut in tip tronic mode

3s- ge engine is a high rev engine . Did you watch the movie initial D? If yes , when the AE86 change the engine , it need to rev til ard 11k rpm then only the power comes in rite? same goes to 3s-ge but not till 11k rpm lar hahahahahaha

There is one member here that i knew using toms ecu , maybe you can ask him some opinion

So , my dear friend , consider getting one ? hahahahahaha

Btw for those who experience the speed ard 240km/hr plus minus, will feel a little vibration coming from under carriage.....so drive safe .

cheers
thanks mate. mine is all stock. u're clarification justify my driving exp with my current tezza. yea... i can feel the car has power at certain high rpm especially at 5K-7K. hmm... toms ecu. very interesting. let's cross my finger and hope i get the bonus soon. then perhaps can consider it. haha. any idea on the price range?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Dear Jasonchee98,

That time i bought mine was around 4k++ and is a second hand , New one will be around 7k ++ and when you buy new one you need to surrender your stock ecu to Toms in japan . Thats the terms and conditions by toms in japan

Early this year i bought new mines ecu and i need to surrender my stock ecu hahahahaha

ECU are not cheap my dear friend so you better survey properly first before you purchase , With that kind of money maybe you would like upgrade other area of the car first like suspension , lsd , final drive or those wear and tear parts until the car is in a perfect condition then only go for the ecu

Just my suggestion

cheers

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
share my experience.

my meter shows 180km\hr but Garmin GPS show 175km/hr.
The GPS only shows 180km\hr if go beyond 180km/hr mark on the meter .
Confirmed at 180km/hr on Garmin the speed cut come in.

So which is correct Garmin or Altezza Meter?. Sounds like Garmin is correct but
does altezza really cut at 180km/hr. No buffer meh... maybe 185-190km/hr

Last edited: