Altezza vs Mark-X 2005

Muhammad Shauqi

From Facebook
Nov 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi to everyone..first of all, i would like to wish Happy Wesak day to everyone..

I have a puzzle in my mind regarding my ride- Lexus IS200..Actually, i'm planning to refurbish my car and spend around 20k for the job. This might include 3S-GE installation to replace the 1G-FE. Then, i'm thinking of changing all the bushes, upgrade the suspension system and respray the car. And maybe do all the little things needed to make it look nice n comfort..But, a friend of mine suggested to me instead of spending the cash for the car, might as well i sell my car n use the cash i have in hand to buy a recond or used mark X..whatever that need to be topped up, just get the loan from the bank as i dont have any car financing at the moment for my Lexus IS200.

So, does anyone here has any idea or suggestion to my confusion?...Is it worth for me to refurbish my car n use it for another 8-10 years or just change to Mark X?..if i change to mark X, is it ok?..Maintenance wise, performance wise?...Anyone?..please..

Tq..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
our bro here, Mic-Tie, chg from tezza to mark-x, perhaps he is the best to give comment in terms of his experience in both car ownership..

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro
Since u have no loan just plunk in a 3S 6MT have some fun first. More value when u sell....
Once you are bored then get comfort oriented mark x or is250... IMHO......

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Bro
Since u have no loan just plunk in a 3S 6MT have some fun first. More value when u sell....
Once you are bored then get comfort oriented mark x or is250... IMHO......
Yup bro totally agree with AE111.....110%, ..at least u own a legend and no substitute ride!! with no monthly installment ....it's heaven on earth!!! :driver:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
A 2010 Mark X will probably be around 160K and if you decide to trade in yr IS200 and topping up with the 20K u have..you will probably be having a monthly instalment of RM1.5K (5years). This would mean back to square one of servicing monthly installments again...if you have no problem with that then go with the Mark X.
If you prefer to own a ride and not wanting to service any monthly installments...go with the recomendation of dropping in a 6MT 3S Altezza heart and rev it up and have fun....

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi to everyone..first of all, i would like to wish Happy Wesak day to everyone..

I have a puzzle in my mind regarding my ride- Lexus IS200..Actually, i'm planning to refurbish my car and spend around 20k for the job. This might include 3S-GE installation to replace the 1G-FE. Then, i'm thinking of changing all the bushes, upgrade the suspension system and respray the car. And maybe do all the little things needed to make it look nice n comfort..But, a friend of mine suggested to me instead of spending the cash for the car, might as well i sell my car n use the cash i have in hand to buy a recond or used mark X..whatever that need to be topped up, just get the loan from the bank as i dont have any car financing at the moment for my Lexus IS200.

So, does anyone here has any idea or suggestion to my confusion?...Is it worth for me to refurbish my car n use it for another 8-10 years or just change to Mark X?..if i change to mark X, is it ok?..Maintenance wise, performance wise?...Anyone?..please..

Tq..
Hi,i'm mic tie from Kuala Lumpur member of altezza too,i'm still active joining but driving mark x ,honestly tell u no monthly installment is heaven for us all here and you already doing so much stuff for your current beauty ,well toyota mark x is luxury and comfort compare toyota altezza but suspension,handling and arms no good as toyota altezza in uphill or downhill drive .
Meanwhile for long journey ,i agreed the technology of engine (mark x or IS 250) much more higher advance and fuel comp damn good saving but for maintenance or service no cheap and parts for this car much more expensive than toyota altezza.
While mark x or IS 250 have weak point such like valve engine(depend which year),brake system and trouble shoot in our ECU system .
Toyota mark x nothing much to mod compare toyota altezza plenty performance stuff waiting for you hahaha.Toyota mark x engine can be done like ' arma super charger from taiwan' or Roctex super charger from Japan but price is crazy.
if any question,u can ask me about mark x :driver:

Last edited:

Muhammad Shauqi

From Facebook
Nov 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi..thanks everyone for the great advise..waaah,i can say that everyone is actually giving me the same great advise, which is to stay with the Altezza..from all the advises given, already i can assume that the Altezza is much more 'valuable'..

I had a 50-50 decision at the time i wrote this post but after getting all the replies from you guys, i can say that my mind now is more to keeping the Altezza and upgrade it..I know that the comfort level of mark x is better than altezza, but i think with proper suspension tuning n sound proofing, it'll be acceptable..

bro AE111_SEG & hulkv6tt : agree with u both..i'm started to think that i'm too young for mark-X..ehehe..and, atleat, i'll be free from monthly installment for atleast anotger 5 years..

bro Greytezza : yeah..monthly installment + maintenance for the mark x is kinda high..thanks for the advise bro..

bro Mic Tie : thanks for the great information..referring to your info, i think i'm not ready yet for mark-X at this moment..hehehe..and, i still wanna have fun with my car and for that purpose, i would rather go with my Altezza..more fun to mod and more fun to drive..hehehe..
Anyway, i really appreciate your advice...thanks bro..

Bro Amin : ya ya..i will..ehehe..i'll race you when my engine transplant is done..ehehehe..just joking bro...

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi..thanks everyone for the great advise..waaah,i can say that everyone is actually giving me the same great advise, which is to stay with the Altezza..from all the advises given, already i can assume that the Altezza is much more 'valuable'..

I had a 50-50 decision at the time i wrote this post but after getting all the replies from you guys, i can say that my mind now is more to keeping the Altezza and upgrade it..I know that the comfort level of mark x is better than altezza, but i think with proper suspension tuning n sound proofing, it'll be acceptable..

bro AE111_SEG & hulkv6tt : agree with u both..i'm started to think that i'm too young for mark-X..ehehe..and, atleat, i'll be free from monthly installment for atleast anotger 5 years..

bro Greytezza : yeah..monthly installment + maintenance for the mark x is kinda high..thanks for the advise bro..

bro Mic Tie : thanks for the great information..referring to your info, i think i'm not ready yet for mark-X at this moment..hehehe..and, i still wanna have fun with my car and for that purpose, i would rather go with my Altezza..more fun to mod and more fun to drive..hehehe..

Bro Amin : ya ya..i will..ehehe..i'll race you when my engine transplant is done..ehehehe..just joking bro...
welcome my friend ^^

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

Another Altezza saved..

Good job guyz..

:biggrin::congrats:

nuriz3K

Apr 21, 2009
i ve been thinking to let go my ezza almost a year. but till today, it still with me! just dont have heart to let it go cos donno if i can drive again such a beauty-Rear wheel-powerful-stable-reliable-fun to drive Altezza!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i ve been thinking to let go my ezza almost a year. but till today, it still with me! just dont have heart to let it go cos donno if i can drive again such a beauty-Rear wheel-powerful-stable-reliable-fun to drive Altezza!
boy you really speak my mind, been ding-dong-ing on selling mine.
but after weeks of serious consideration, it is a keeper!!!...

and time for project!!!!! have to give it some collagen, detox, and some steroid!!.. hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu's,

Would like to know.....
1.)It's possible to fit in a kelisa engine and gearbox to a kancil..?
2.)Can kancil dashboard be replace with kelisa dashbaord?
3.)How much does it all cost...?
4.)What are the advantages and disadvantages of changing it..?

Kindly help.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience