Altezza is the Best ?

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
So far , Altezza already more than 10 years in the market.
So here i just want to know that any problem for this type of car....
1) How long u have use this car ?
2) How many milage have go ?
3) Any problem that u facing / or have been solve ?
4) Why u didnot buy BMW / Menz / Audi ...then u buy Altezza...?
New Question
5) How much for normal services for 10 years old car ?
6) I heard that the some engine part for 3S-GE same with Toyota Carmy ( which part ) ?

I hope all the member can share their experience at here...

Thank you !

Last edited:

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
i just got a 2nd hand tezza which is 10 years old. 99/00 model. use not more than 1 month. i face some issue with the car cos it's quite old. it's just some wear & tear. fixed that but spareparts a bit hard to get. however, it depend on which shop u went.

in my opinion, i choose tezza becus of few point. firstly, it's sedan. secondly, it's 200bhp which at the moment is enough for me. :P thirdly, becus it's rare. whenever u walk out, u sure see merc or benz. it's so common. however, it's rare to see tezza OTR. so, it depend on whether u wanna be those "Special One" or "Common Car". :D

Just my 2 cents.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Sorry, I just wanna chip in eventho I do not own an Altezza. About 1.5 months ago, I came to this forum to search for Altezza. I prefer the automatic version as the car will be driven by my wife. We both love the look and shape of the car. Like said, it's uncommon and it's cool looking, especially the rear.

I found a few cars here but luck isn't on my side, hence I did not manage to get one. Instead, I bought an Airtrek Turbo. Both cars satisfied my needs. Cabin space, 4 doors and powerful. :)

If you can find one that is nice, by all means go for it. It's a cool car.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights

Thank you !
1. 1 year now.
2) 68,000 km (When bought 24,000 Km)
3) Reliable as a altis or camry. No need to baby the car. It is tough. I have gone for sepang track days without issues.
4) 2.0 Na which gives out 200hp.
Maintainance is cheap compared conti and can use extra money to mod.
BMW dont want to waste my money repairing.
Merc too common and reliability also again in question.
Audi Front drive so not interested.

So far so good. It is a good all rounded car. Can use for work, outstation and track days.
You cant find many cars that can fit this criteria. :rofl:

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008

Thank you !
I drive a 98/00 6MT.

1) 11 months + (1 year by end of July)
2) Bought at 105k, current 140k
3) Nothing major. Actually, nothing that warrants attention other than routine maintenance + standard wear&tear. I drive from JB-KL-JB regularly (almost every other weekend) at 140++ and it has never died on me. The engine is robust and electronics are not a problem (unlike its rival, heheh). Just need to take care of the throttle body + MAF sensor, either DIY or during oil change.
Usually I spend less than RM300 per oil change + service.
4) Plenty of things here:
4a. It is 210bhp from 2.0 NA for a RWD, in sedan form. Really bang for the buck.Try looking for another car that offers this package.
4b. The design still doesn't look old after so many years.
4c. Build quality is damn good. If the car is reasonably well cared for, it will not feel/sound as old as a 5 year old local car.
4d. Currently it cost less than a vios/city/latio in the market. It's not new, but refer to point 4c and you do the math. :biggrin:
4e. Parts.. so far I have no problem la. WingHin or any of the workshops that specialize in Altezza can source for them.
4f. Why not the cars below?
BMW 3 series - Meh. They're good cars, but there are plenty on the road already and electronics ARE a problem. My colleague just got his e90 and I think he is driving the courtesy car more than his own.
Merc C class - Looks a bit too uncle for me. Also too many on the road.
Audi A4 - The designs up to B7 aren't interesting at all.
*If i must choose a conti car it will be the Alfa Romeo ;-)

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
I don't drive an Tezza either but i was the one who influenced my Dad to get one. :biggrin: Initially we wanted a BMW 325i with a SMG Gearbox. But the reliabilty of the SMG gearbox and also the maintanence cost of the car was a put off. We then sourced for another car couldn't really find a car that could match out taste. Until i found out about the Tezza.

Immediately i told my Dad about the Tezza, we went and looked for it, saw one, and then immediately got it. :rofl: I might not drive the car now, but it has a lot of things that really caught my eye..

As others say, it is quite rare to see a Tezza OTR where else you can see BMWs and Mercs everywhere on the road. Maintanence-wise, it's a Toyota. Reliabity-wise, it's a Toyota. :rofl: There are no doubts that no car is perfect, the Tezza does have it's own flaws, but it can be settled.

Looks, it's one of a kind. Seriously. On the road, once someone takes a glance on a Tezza, they'll go like, "DAMN, what kinda car is this" look. :thefinger: Slap on a garang bodykit, it's enough to satisfy your needs.

Power-wise, if you're not a modder, the engine is good enough man. And if you're a modder, get a M/T and there's countless of mods for you. Imagine you have a BMW, and you wanna mod. Not many people provide the mods and normally the mods are very costly. Not to mention, if one of the mods gone wrong, it will be a very costly repair. Have to cucuk computer.

Some of my thoughts. :wavey:

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
"As others say, it is quite rare to see a Tezza OTR where else you can see BMWs and Mercs everywhere on the road. Maintanence-wise, it's a Toyota. Reliabity-wise, it's a Toyota. There are no doubts that no car is perfect, the Tezza does have it's own flaws, but it can be settled.

Looks, it's one of a kind. Seriously. On the road, once someone takes a glance on a Tezza, they'll go like, "DAMN, what kinda car is this" look. Slap on a garang bodykit, it's enough to satisfy your needs."

I'am totally agree with the above statement:biggrin:

Used to drive a highly mod perdana,..the feel, the performance, the umpph is there ....but with tezza the feel is difference...... "endangered spieces" kind of feel,..hehehe:biggrin:

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
one downside of owning an Altezza...

"What car you driving? Altezza? What car is that? Never heard before? From Toyota? I thought Honda..."

:hmmmm::confused:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005

"What car you driving? Altezza? What car is that? Never heard before? From Toyota? I thought Honda..."

trust me,those are noob :rofl:

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
New Question
5) How much for normal services for 10 years old car ?
6) I heard that the some engine part for 3S-GE same with Toyota Carmy ( which part ) ?

Thank you !
5) Less than RM300 inclusive of oil, filter and labour. Exact is RM265 or something, cheaper if you go semi-synthetic or mineral.
6) Oil filter. The rest of the parts I'm not too sure. Check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_3S-GE_engine

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005

hahaha.. really tulan when hear that!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience