Altezza FAQ

Discussion in 'The Altezza / IS200 / IS300 Forum' started by Lumix, May 31, 2006.

1. AE111_SEG

AE111_SEG Senior Member

Yes still active...:burnout:

2. wfhan

wfhan Senior Member

nobody post anything new.. lol

3. Jwu

Jwu Senior Member

Hi sifus and senior members,

I'm keen to get an Altezza as a fun daily driver (preferably an auto trany). Saw a few on mudah going for 36-46k and seems like a decent price. Granted future investments will be required to change worn parts, but what should I look out for when shopping for one? Would love to join the club and be part of the tezza family.

Thanks in advance!

4. AE111_SEG

AE111_SEG Senior Member

Welcome JWU,
    Please take you time to ready the FAQ. The only thing you need to look out for is bad chassis damage from accident. The price varies and do see the cheapest one to the most expensive.
    Get an idea of what you are paying for. If pay 45K and the car has good service history, no accident and some aftermarket parts then it is a good buy. The previous owner may have changed most of the wear and tear parts which will save you the trouble and money. My word of advise keep 5k just in case need to do up and service the car. I hope this help... happy shopping. Do join the altezza club Malaysia facebook page.:driver:

5. Jwu

Jwu Senior Member

Thanks AE111_SEG. Will be sure to shop around and do more research. I have requested to join the Altezza Club Malaysia on FB. Can't wait to be part of the Altezza family.

6. AE111_SEG

AE111_SEG Senior Member

ok I will approved....

7. SirFlirtAlot

SirFlirtAlot New Member

Hey guys,researching altezzas, found one I like on cardealpage . Com. I've read the FAQ here. Just haven't found a good thread to post this so here goes. Found this 2001 altezza on cardeal. It has 118,000 km. I'll share pics for you to tell me your thoughts on the mods. It's in Japan, I'm in US, Florida. There's a lot involved in this purchase. Has anyone here ever bought a car from another country and had it shipped? I know altezzas are HUGE in the tuner community but I've also read you can beat the crap out of them and they keep on ticking. I love DOHC engines bc of this. Anyways, I appreciate your patience,understanding and time on this and with me. Thanks and I hope to be sharing with you in the future with an altezza! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Import of used car to your country, you better check on your country's regulations. Differs from country to country. In Malaysia we need to get approval or AP as we called it to import and usually not given to individual unless you stay overseas and own the vehicle more than a certain period and you are now returning home and bringing the car back with you.
    Moreover the Japanese car are right hand drive and in Florida you are using left hand drive, right?

9. Tom

Tom 15 Year | Platinum
    Helmet Clan

looks a bit beaten but good candidate there

10. santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze New Member

Hi all....altezza newbie here...juz bought an Altezza & im loving it...

11. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

Photos?

12. santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze New Member

haha...pics inside my phone...will upload soon...

13. Chiwan

Chiwan New Member

Good morning and hai to all. Just wanna ask one thing, as I'm planning to get Altezza RS200 6MT and still learning about it. Is the car still reliable in 2018? I means in terms of maintenance/parts and so on.....all advise are much needed before making a move.

14. santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze New Member

im also a new owner of an altezza..less than a year..its always been my dream car since youth time...so if u ask maintenance/parts...in my opinion..u can easily source the parts regardless new@2nd hand parts..its juz the matter of $$$...hehe..some are cheap some are expensive..for wear & tear spare parts its easy find... b4 buying u must do some research@ask for the car history or maintenance history..for me 3sge beams engine is good & robust engine...but so far i love driving altezza...i love the handling so much...

15. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

We are still waiting for your photos....:driver:

16. santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze New Member

this is the photo...teaser only...haha...bcoz im a low profile man...dont really like to show off...LoL
    41396910_10212841582702248_968498619688681472_o.jpg

17. Nicholasng925

Nicholasng925 Member

Is this group still active? Just got myself a unit of Altezza 3S-GE Beams turbo. =)

18. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Nice! How much did you pay for it? Manual or auto

19. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

the one with the breathing hole in the front light?

20. Nicholasng925

Nicholasng925 Member

The price itself wouldn't have justified the intrinsic value of the car due to the chassis condition of the car, amount of money, time and efforts put in to build the car. The performance parts alone are worth RM80+k, and is personally vouched by my perfectionist mechanic as he built this car from ground up.

I'm paying RM65k for this beast, and of course it's manual. =)

Not sure if there is any breathing hole, but it's grey :laugh:

sweelt and Izso like this.