Altezza FAQ

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
nope. unless your handbrake is modded, it won't help make you go sideways. when you pull it up while you're moving, it just lets the car move and several warning beeps will come out, yknow, the sound when you have your key inserted into the ignition.

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
hmm... mine works fine for handbrake. Well , in terms of parking use i mean. If by any chance you meant for going "sideways" , haven't try that yet..
ya it seem like just working enough for parking. but there is one time when i need emergency brake when driving, the handbrake do not help at all. even drive till around 100km/h, pull the handbrake also won affect the driving. it make me confusing.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

nope. unless your handbrake is modded, it won't help make you go sideways. when you pull it up while you're moving, it just lets the car move and several warning beeps will come out, yknow, the sound when you have your key inserted into the ignition.
ya my car is excatly like what u say. wht do u mean by "go sideaway"? like drift?

so if that is the case, why toyota design the handbrake like this? more impact for auto altezza. not like manual one can use gearbox to help stop. auto altezza need hand brake to help stop.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
ya my car is excatly like what u say. wht do u mean by "go sideaway"? like drift?

so if that is the case, why toyota design the handbrake like this? more impact for auto altezza. not like manual one can use gearbox to help stop. auto altezza need hand brake to help stop.
yeah sideways. something like drift if you like to call that. you know, like you wanna have fun in the parking lots once in a while. :biggrin: tried before, it wouldn't work. :rofl:

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
well , so far i'm a AT . I don't need to use my handbrake to help me stop. Altezza's using 4 disc brakes and i'm quite sure the braking power distribution is quite good as well as i can feel it... Sideways = drifting ( or masuk longkang also can la.) haha.. I'm still not loaded to burn my tyres yet.. cheers

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
yeah sideways. something like drift if you like to call that. you know, like you wanna have fun in the parking lots once in a while. :biggrin: tried before, it wouldn't work. :rofl:
thanks. i think i should go try some fun at paking lot too.(although is not drifting)(still long way to go for my car to go drift.) since already have this FR car two years but haven't try before.:biggrin: just experience sideaway while raining and doing U-turn. but is dangerous.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

well , so far i'm a AT . I don't need to use my handbrake to help me stop. Altezza's using 4 disc brakes and i'm quite sure the braking power distribution is quite good as well as i can feel it... Sideways = drifting ( or masuk longkang also can la.) haha.. I'm still not loaded to burn my tyres yet.. cheers
ya i know altezza got 4 disc brake. i using AT also. but my disc brake is old already. sewing them once time already. next time when they torn, may need change le and it going to be very costly. do u got any cheaper way on changing or servicing altezza disc brake?

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
i'm driving 5AT. IMHO, the brake is good enough to stop the car. Other than that, i usually will quickly shift it to "M" and drop the gear. Tiptronic ma.

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
i'm driving 5AT. IMHO, the brake is good enough to stop the car. Other than that, i usually will quickly shift it to "M" and drop the gear. Tiptronic ma.
swift to "M" and drop the gear can help vehicle stop meh? i try before also no use. the rpm is shoot up but no slow down the car like the manual car can do.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
swift to "M" and drop the gear can help vehicle stop meh? i try before also no use. the rpm is shoot up but no slow down the car like the manual car can do.
you sure? normally when u down shift, you'll experience engine braking with the car pulling back "feel". maybe you should downshift lower. :D i experienced this pull back on my Myvi as well.:biggrin:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
maybe the car is already at the 'lower gear' when it's being down-shifted..
after all sometimes "4" doesn't really mean is "4" especially if u forgot to tiptronic-it down according to speed vs. rpm lor.. kekeke...

by the way, falling in love with "M" mode, and want to ask a noob question here,
will prolong use of tiptronic causes pre-matured damage to the gearbox ??
or do i hv to chg the ATF earlier than the normal scheduled interval ?

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
it depends on how you use it really. if you're always on high RPMs, down shifting at high speeds, for sure your gearbox wouldn't last as long. just remember to change the gearbox oil. :D

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
wfhan: haha... same same here. love the "M". it gave me the umhhh feel. more control. hehe.

bushi: yea... good advice. change GB oil regularly. hehe... yea... i also "drop" gear with my ex-myvi. But dun worry, myvi gb can last a bit longer. :P last time i change GB oil for myvi at 20K interval. no problem with that gb after 120K KM of mileage i used. :D

Altezza33 : yes.. it will help to slow down the speed of the car. that's what i did always if emergency. another way is, drive slow. dun speed. :)

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
Just to pop another question, It say dualvvti on a beam engine. Why i only feel the blast of power during 5krpm ? I would say the lower rpm on my car feels like nothing.... Is everyone the same or just only mine ? I can say like a sudden increase of 20-40hp after 5krpm...

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Just to pop another question, It say dualvvti on a beam engine. Why i only feel the blast of power during 5krpm ? I would say the lower rpm on my car feels like nothing.... Is everyone the same or just only mine ? I can say like a sudden increase of 20-40hp after 5krpm...
it should be normal. our cars lack on low-end torque. maybe if you want, you can go check what RPM does your VVTI opens up. *is that possible?

lemanmuslim

Sep 5, 2008
hello guys. as per mentioned, the A650E A01B or A02B on the trans/axle code dictates LSD. how do we kow/test whether whether it is real LSD or whether the LSD is still good and not faulty?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody using ultraracing front bars and the fenders ? How good is it ? I heard is good, some say dam good, even wira can become as good as Merc in handling.

Pls give some comment, since it is not cheap for the whole set-up.

Many thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience