all 4g93 na owners out there!!!!!!

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hye all, i've just converted my wira engine into 4g93 dohc...so far what i can say its a great engine which provide me good torque and awesome pulling power....i always travel long distance so this engine is perfect for me...anyway, i've seen my frens car which is satria 1.5 sohc having problems with speedometer as it goes 100km/h while mine is just 80km/h....btw im using 195/55/r15 tyre and hes using 195/50/r15.isit related to the tire size or the different quality of speedo cable?or nothing at all?

Waan

Known Member
Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ha ha ha.. keep it coming guys... trust me 4g93 has alot of potential.. seen wan putra body hitting 210 bhp....;]... wish i could do that... anyway think of ecu upgrade... but not standalone.. no cash, now ecu been rechip thinking emanage or afc neo.......... do give ur advise ........
I am using SAFC 2 at the moment. Was choosing in between eManage and SAFC that time. Of course eManage has better tuning point runs on a 64bit chip. if not mistaken whereas SAFC runs only on 32bit. I choose SAFC because of the display. It is a good product.

I believe afc neo is compatitively as good as eManage. Don need a laptop to tune it at least. AFC Neo bro!! Do share your dyno after installing yar.. :)

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
I am using SAFC 2 at the moment. Was choosing in between eManage and SAFC that time. Of course eManage has better tuning point runs on a 64bit chip. if not mistaken whereas SAFC runs only on 32bit. I choose SAFC because of the display. It is a good product.

I believe afc neo is compatitively as good as eManage. Don need a laptop to tune it at least. AFC Neo bro!! Do share your dyno after installing yar.. :)
Tumpang a bit here...
I am targeting ECU as my next upgrade... According to my mechanic, he said SAFC / AFC neo is good enough for my ride (4G93 NA, standard cam, only changed adjustable cam pulley). No need till EManage as the engine doesn't go till that high hp. So in order to pull out max performance, which is good? Emanage or SAFC?

Well, I do understand that Emanage has more tuning points. Since I am planning to upgrade, might as well aim for the better one. I believe we do have many experienced users here. Hope you guys share your comment on Emanage and SAFC.

Cheerssss.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
as far as i know, the biggest advantage of E-manage comparing to SAFC/VAFC is the capability to customize the ignition timing at different RPM. correct me if i wrong..

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Why my exhaust have this kind of popping sound if i rev till high rpm?does it have anything to do with fuel regulator setting?Does anyone here know or can suggest what is the best idle pressure and wot pressure for 4g93 dohc if i pnp the head and use evo3 tb?

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Good Day All,

How much would it cost to upgrade to 4G92P pistons together with the other parts.

Those of you that have done this upgrade please share the cost and difference after the change.

Thanks.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
dohc4g93: Try checking your plug cables

satria81: 4G92P pistons are cheap only, around the RM300 range brand new

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
to used a 1.6 piston is cheap but need to sent block to machine shop that cause a bom are you over sizeing it??? i am using 1.6 piston in my gti, ok la lots of diff. but also depand on what mod u doing to the engine........

Waan

Known Member
Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tumpang a bit here...
I am targeting ECU as my next upgrade... According to my mechanic, he said SAFC / AFC neo is good enough for my ride (4G93 NA, standard cam, only changed adjustable cam pulley). No need till EManage as the engine doesn't go till that high hp. So in order to pull out max performance, which is good? Emanage or SAFC?

Well, I do understand that Emanage has more tuning points. Since I am planning to upgrade, might as well aim for the better one. I believe we do have many experienced users here. Hope you guys share your comment on Emanage and SAFC.

Cheerssss.
Hi Jason. First of all what is your plan on ur mods? How far do you want to go. If your r thinking of cams and pistons, Emanage or SAFC NEO is comparatively good. But of course without a good tuner, it will go to waste. But i am happy with SAFC 2 at the moment. Good pick up and smooth ride. Till the end of the day. The choice is still yours. GReddy(Trust) or Apex'i.

Go for Haltech or Microchip for max mods. :)

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
oh.. dont know la heard lots of problem using mivec head plus i got the high cams for 4g93 already....... no cash la bro mivec stuff expensive.....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive used both the 91 and 93 engine heads, still have them actually. i prefer the 91 head, much more response, using the 93 head, not liking the bottom end.. iam not fond of mivec and its kind

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
yup mivec no no......... not a fan of it........ he he he.....

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Hi Jason. First of all what is your plan on ur mods? How far do you want to go. If your r thinking of cams and pistons, Emanage or SAFC NEO is comparatively good. But of course without a good tuner, it will go to waste. But i am happy with SAFC 2 at the moment. Good pick up and smooth ride. Till the end of the day. The choice is still yours. GReddy(Trust) or Apex'i.

Go for Haltech or Microchip for max mods. :)
Hi Waan,

Well, my plan of mods is stick to NA. I just wanna push out more hp from my engine...perhaps 20-25hp more. Don't plan to touch the cams and pistons of my engine at the moment.

Based on your feedback, seems like EManage & SAFC NEO / 2 are equally good, for a NA engine. If I were to do that, of course will get a good tuner to do it. I believe Sunway area has plenty of them. Actually already know where to go n who to find. Joshua from Millennium would be my choice.

Perhaps u guys think if I don't touch the cams n pistons (I mean remain stock cams n pistons of 4g93), it is kinda waste of money to install piggyback / standalone. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
may i know where is the best garage to tune this engine (4g93 n/a) with lots of skillful and experience tuner in klang valley? any idea on how much hp can be produce by using hybrid 4g93 sohc block n piston with gsr head+evo 3 throttle body+pz extractor+adj fuel regulator?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

I just posted a thread last week about this mad man throwing a concrete rock at me. YESTERDAY, my car was stolen in SUBANG JAYA, SS15, in front of the shoplots facing CARREFOUR.

I parked my car, went to see my dentist to do my nerve treatment with mom. Came out an hour later and my car was gone..
Parked my car at 11am. Came back at 1230....in bright day light.
So many houses in front of the car park....how could they!!

6 years of unconditional love i've given to him, and he's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience