Alarm Remote Device is Missing (Cobra)

karl5511

1,000 RPM

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Hi all,
I need help here. I'm using the cobra alarm system at my Proton Putra.
The one like Honda, but mine is code access. Meaning that i have to enter the code before start the car. However, last night, the small alarm was missing, i dont what you call it, but the small device which attached with the car key. Without this 'device', i cannot start my car, even i do have the car key. What can i do? The secutity system is quite good, but in this case, it become disaster to me. Please help.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
karl
do you mean the car immobilizer? the one which looks like a pen you have to poke it in order to start the car?

if this is the case, you need to look back into your cobra alarm user manual. There is a 4-digit number password written on it, you can use it to duplicate the immobilizer key with the respective person.

bro, is this the thing you talking about?

Last edited:

karl5511

1,000 RPM

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Yeehau86, not the device looks like pen one, this is normal round shape device that you press when you want to unlock you car before entering it. Sorry for my ignorance, i dont know what they call it. (See attachment). Please help.

DanZ, yeah, after got married, MiA already. Then bought house, so need to hold my dream to change car. ;P

Attachments

yeehau86

Helmet Clan

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
that is the same alarm in Toyota Vios, Altis, Honda City, etc are using. But how come need to enter code? usually is just press the remote and enter :confused:

if it is the round thing, then it is less troublesome as you can duplicate it. It is called remote :biggrin:

Ok bro, do you have a spare key with you now? if you have together with the immobilizer (the pen thing I show above), you can try this:

1. Unlock your door manually using the key.
  2. The alarm triggers, don't panic. Ignore it.
  3. Use the immobilizer and poke it into the hole to disable the alarm.
  4. Start your car.
  5. Drive to the place where you want to duplicate the remote.

karl5511

1,000 RPM

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
The things is, mine is different a bit from others. I dont have any so called device which look like pen (as your posted pics). Yes i only have the remote, just like Toyota. It is critical important (the remote).

Normally, I just press the remote button, the car unlocked, i poke my car key, and turn it until the battery light is On, then i will have to enter the code, after that i can only start the engine. Without entering the coded, i still can get the engine start, but only can go around 1km, then the alarm will trigger, the car will stop.

Do anyone knows this kinda alarm/immobilizer before? Yes it is rare. Without the remote, it is impossible to drive the car. And so far, i just found that only car uses this immobilizer. Bought the car from previous owner, it was already installed.

But good thing become disaster now. Huhu. ;'(

Danz: Im staying at Batu Tiga Shah Alam now. You re still kickin' huh. Hehe.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
bro, you can try drive 500 meters then stop the car, start back and drive again :biggrin:

just kidding. Okay, your case the immobilizer is connected to the fuel cut if not mistaken. Do you still have the user manual with you? It should have written there the password, try contact 1-300-880-333 for customer service centre

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
I'm still confuse in what is missing actually. Is it the Cobra remote itself?! If so don't you have a spare?! If no try checking with the previous owner or if by any chance you still have the receipt or user manual try heading to the Cobra Centre in Tmn Tun or Glenmarie (if it's still there) . Btw may I ask which model is the alarm?! Since the alarm doesn't come with touch key or driver card, I'm assuming it's a basic system, so worst come to worst you might have to uninstall it. Have you ever tried unplugging the power socket?!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

As some of you may know, i just converted a BMW E46 with 1jz engine, due to i am getting more and more familiar with the new characteristics of the car and i have been pushing it a lot. Now i've noticed, whenever i floor it hard and fast, the water temp will raise a little over the mid mark, upon slowing down, it will return to below middle. Have asked the mechanic that did the conversion, he said its very normal because its a turbo engine, when push hard thus will hot a little...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience