Airtrek Turbo (CU2W) Engine (4G63T), tranny and drivetrain swap to Lancer 2008

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Mitsu 2.0 to a mitsu 2.0 engine shouldn't be hard to approve la.
as we all know jpj and custom mounts dont always go hand in hand.... if u tengok betul this guy has messed with part of the frame, crashbar and i think the top rad mount. imo not a super big red flag but something i'm not a huge fan of doing

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
as we all know jpj and custom mounts dont always go hand in hand.... if u tengok betul this guy has messed with part of the frame, crashbar and i think the top rad mount. imo not a super big red flag but something i'm not a huge fan of doing
I am pretty sure lots of fabrication, cutting, welding to the frame had been done to fit the engine, my mechanic friend also confirmed the 4G63 engine mount and gearbox mount is not in the right place to install into 4B engine bay. And the front crash bar is too close to the exhaust manifold of 4G63, need some alteration. Subframe needs some cutting and reinforcing to clear the gearbox and AWD shaft, transfer case mount also different ! Unless all the drivetrain is mechanically constructed, like the older days CD and CE9A, otherwise the later AWD will not work properly on 4B chassis.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am pretty sure lots of fabrication, cutting, welding to the frame had been done to fit the engine, my mechanic friend also confirmed the 4G63 engine mount and gearbox mount is not in the right place to install into 4B engine bay. And the front crash bar is too close to the exhaust manifold of 4G63, need some alternation. Subframe needs some cutting and reinforcing to clear the gearbox and AWD shaft, transfer case mount also different ! Unless all the drivetrain is mechanically constructed, like the older days CD and CE9A, otherwise the later AWD will not work properly on 4B chassis.
There's an easier way to do all this.

I know a creative guy who basically chopped away his entire Satria engine bay + firewall and fitted a evo one in (pretty creative + clean welding) so the Evo bits and bobs were literally plug and play in his car. Somehow managed to pass puspakom and JPJ too without any undertable nonsense. I think he just went to the most slack puspakom outlet he knew to get it cleared. I dunno.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

I know a creative guy who basically chopped away his entire Satria engine bay + firewall and fitted a evo one in (pretty creative + clean welding) so the Evo bits and bobs were literally plug and play in his car. Somehow managed to pass puspakom and JPJ too without any undertable nonsense. I think he just went to the most slack puspakom outlet he knew to get it cleared. I dunno.
That welding guy must have superb welding skills that make it look like factory weld !

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

what...... kerja orang gila ni

That welding guy must have superb welding skills that make it look like factory weld !
if u can sort of line it up... can wan.. rest is putty

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The welder has quit the industry. Too old already he said.

what...... kerja orang gila ni

if u can sort of line it up... can wan.. rest is putty
No putty. All pure weld, grind, base coat and paint. Just need to know how to hide the stitches.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just too troublesome. Indonesian will say "cari penyakit saja!" Later got some wiring issue, car got burnt to ashes like that one Evo 8 otw to Malacca.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Satria engine bay not same as Wira? My ex colleague did VR4 in Satria before, no problem as before the 2.0L problem.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just too troublesome. Indonesian will say "cari penyakit saja!" Later got some wiring issue, car got burnt to ashes like that one Evo 8 otw to Malacca.
Tak nak all this penyakit, COVID19 is already bad enough. I am going to hold my Lancer dearly until i got time and money to convert it to Ralliart spec. Salin everything from head to bottom and keep it stock, also gotta find ways to bulletproof the SST before attempt the conversion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys
anyone using these PU foams in the car??..
i am just wondering how many brands are there out there?..whats the different between the expensive and cheap one...

heard expensive ca go up to RM600 per car..while some around RM100 ..

anyone have any comment of this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience