Aircond wont work when hot, works well when cold or at night...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am experiencing a problem with my car aircond system...

Whenever the weather is extremely hot outside, the aircond compressor just wont work

But when its cool in the morning or late evening, it works perfectly well...

I also tried splashing water to the front aircond condenser when its not and not working....

After splashing the condenser for a little while, the compressor starts to work again...

The pressure gauge of the compressor is showing normal when its working...

Has anyone encountered such problem before?

What is the cause of it?

Could it be.....

1) Dirty clogged condenser pores?

2) Relay problem?

3) Fan not strong enough?

4) Clogged system ?

5) Receiver drier dirty?

6) Others ?

Can anyone here be kind enough to advice or comment pls?

Im unable to solve my aircond problem, so pls help !:adore::bawling:

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
1st. what is your car model? get the same car model (your friends or anyone that you know) and compare your car cond cooling fan speed with the other car. the fan speed should be quite high pitch. might be radiator fan getting weak, replace if necessary.
2nd. During the hot sun if your air cond only get slightly coller only when you press the accelerator, this indicates that compressor pump is losing its compression, getting weak. thus this situation. as you said that its getting dooler at night, i suspect this might be the problem.

Therefore, suggestions: 1. service your car air cond (totally), by dismantling colling coil (might be clogged or dirty fins)
2. chances are the compressor weakening down, and only strong enough to provide coolnesss when the surrounding temp is cooler.
3. Hope that only the condensor fan motor is at fault, that is cheaper compared to replacing compressor pump and condensor.

regards.

Jun 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
leynye yamin suggested a very good solution to the problem. Getting to know the specification and running condition of the exact same model will give you a perspective and a point of reference as to what and where the problem lies in your car. If you still are not able to isolate the problem then you need to take it to some good mechanic. That will definitely solve your problem. :driver: auto repair plantation

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
High chances are that it is about time to change your compressor. Get it checked and f necessary, change it.

Do not keep it too long. I experienced it before.I used it until really not cold and by that time there was a very very loud noise from the compressor whether your A/C is switched on or off.

If you are planning to use a used compressor from half cut, make sure you ask them to open it up and see the inner part of the compressor. It should be clean. Do not buy the ones that have black or greasy stains in the inner part. Just my 2 cents from what i have experienced.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
When was the last time you service the air-con system?
Here is my cheaper solution before you proceed to major air-con service.
1. There might be a very small leakage somewhere. Especially the O ring part. Let the expert run the leakage test to determine (major culprit)
2. Re-oil the compressor.
3. Check the valve condition.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
seems like everyone have been through the same problem:driver:
for me I have basically change everything for my acond, it all started from the compressor, after all that nonsense, it is still not cold enuff on a hot sunny day in kl. for my 2cents thought, just go to an acond service mech, ask them 2 add the compressor oil, gas & clean the evaporator only, the condenser u can diy clean, try to find a multipurpose degreaser to clean them thoroughly. if the problem still persist, go back to them & check u'r gas if leakage @ not, if yes get ready to crank up u'r wallet, if ur car is a kei car, the chances it'll be 50% more expensive than everage sedan car.
if u manage to solve the problem, make sure after this, service u'r acond yearly if possible. jus my 2 cents thought.:driver:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys for all your suggestions and opinions....

I finally solved the problem....

I changed a recond compressor, the aircond guy asked me to go for a drink and come back in an hour or two...

I still believe its not the compressor fault.

But got to give in as I cannot tolerate the hot air anymore....:burnout:

They gave me a 3 months warranty on the compressor...

They also replaced the filter drier (bottle)

So far its running good and cold....

Again thanks to all whom responded and if you need to change recond compressor, you can pm me to get this shop contact address.:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all. anyone know where can i get report for imported car in MY? going to purchase my first recond car from seller. but the seller told that all car sold by him is in excellent grade. can someone guide some noob here. thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience