Air Intake System

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
was in sunway today..the mugen bodykit belong to misri i guess..saw 1 black facelift dc5 ..using ad08..nice ..hehe

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
there was quite a number of DC5 in Sunway yesterday.. I know Desmond & Meor is also in Sunway too.

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
i was with meor yesterday...din see desmond tho..anyway back to topic, i've used open pod before and move my battery to the trunk..make good power but for those who like to keep their engine bay look nice and clean..i think it's better stick with aftermarket stuff like gruppem..had gruppem before too..but craze for more power, end up with open pod stuff..since i dont like the look for my engine bay anymore and lazy to move back my battery, i look for other alternative..i.e passwordjdm air intake..ok la..nicer look..hehe..or u can try open pod like trust style..like those who bought car from mutiara motor..no need move battery. just my opinion..it does make difference for air intake mod, but not much..only for those who has target..then can try..

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
i was with meor yesterday...din see desmond tho..anyway back to topic, i've used open pod before and move my battery to the trunk..make good power but for those who like to keep their engine bay look nice and clean..i think it's better stick with aftermarket stuff like gruppem..had gruppem before too..but craze for more power, end up with open pod stuff..since i dont like the look for my engine bay anymore and lazy to move back my battery, i look for other alternative..i.e passwordjdm air intake..ok la..nicer look..hehe..or u can try open pod like trust style..like those who bought car from mutiara motor..no need move battery. just my opinion..it does make difference for air intake mod, but not much..only for those who has target..then can try..
Yup. Plenty of DC5s in Sunway yesterday. Saw a souped one from Spore. Also, another orange coloured 1 with RPF1.

I'm new here but I can see the forum isnt as active as it used to be. It needs an octane booster :laugh:

Coming back to the topic, the price quoted to me by JFA is around RM7++ for Apexi PI + custom stainless steel piping + heatshield. A bit on the high side la..

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
was in sunway today..the mugen bodykit belong to misri i guess..saw 1 black facelift dc5 ..using ad08..nice ..hehe
ad08 with stock rims?:biggrin: had to change disc rotors. didnt know the stock ones(exceptional parts) were more expensive than aftermarkets. Sorry.. OT a bit :burnout:

Last edited:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Just to share this is how my current set-up looks like.. I know for a fact there are couple of guys I know using the same thing. I think Misri is one of them. The heatshield should be ready by next week.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
how much is the heatshield bro?
Not sure yet... I think about RM100+ I think.. I copied Blitz heatshield design.. Once it's ready I'll update you guys.. The best part is it's universal.. Since my air filter is 6" so anything smaller would fit just nice..

boulala

Known Member
Sep 24, 2006
mine is 7"... oh wait... you guys was talking about air filter... wrong topic... :tongue:

XBREED

Known Member
May 13, 2008
Just to share this is how my current set-up looks like.. I know for a fact there are couple of guys I know using the same thing. I think Misri is one of them. The heatshield should be ready by next week.
This is a K&N filter bro? How much it cost u for this set up bro? Where did u get this done bro? Peace :biggrin:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
This is a K&N filter bro? How much it cost u for this set up bro? Where did u get this done bro? Peace :biggrin:
The air filter is Blitz got it from N1. The air ram made by JFA. I am not sure how much as I got it together with my exhaust. Best place to find out on the price go see Dino from JFA.

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Nice!

XBREED

Known Member
May 13, 2008
I have a question bros, we can actually use back the original elbow from the throttle body to connect to an open pod filter rite? (as long as there is an adapter to connect the filter to the ramp) Not necessarily have to go for a custom stainless steel ramp? Whats the pros n cons of using the original ones? Need your kind advices bros. Peace. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ecovent is kind of a device, when ur car is very hot, reach to 40c, it will open to let the hot air blow out....so the car will not be that hot

or so i heard la...

but i havent come across this device for cars...

anyone can share? if it's good, then i'll install it as well since the weather now is crazy!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience