Air filter prob?

Civic-si

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Shah Alam
Right now i'm using apexi power intake for about a year on b16a, the prob is my car suddenly feels no power and higher fuel concumption. After i took my car to a workshop, thet told me my car air filter is dirty(connot suck air properly), they charged me RM20 to clen the air filter and told me to change to hks super power flow. After the i can feel the power back.

after a month, i can feel my car losing power again. I was wondering how can i clean my apexi power intake myself.
1.Can i use the cleaner from K&n?
2.can use water and soap or not?
3.or should i changed to HKS?

I only consider the 3rd option as my last result. thanks for the info and help.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
hks getting dirty more easily than apexi and not washable some more...need to change the filter element...high maintaince compare to apexi...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
i thought apexi is dry element not like K&N which need to reoil after wash?

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
the best way is to use back ur oem air intake with oem or aftermarket air filter and surprisingly u can see the diffrence on ur fuel consumption.. hahaha minyak mahal lor.. so use all factory fitting to save my pocket .. :D

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
SePaT said:
the best way is to use back ur oem air intake with oem or aftermarket air filter and surprisingly u can see the diffrence on ur fuel consumption.. hahaha minyak mahal lor.. so use all factory fitting to save my pocket .. :D
YES !!! Go for OEM Intake with aftermarket element...I'm using OEM Intake with K&N element.....

crazy4honda

500 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
kl
can i make my own filter intake???i dunno how to find back my OEM for honda prelude...thinking of using coco crunch box...hmmmm :)

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
after i changed from my OEM to open port, my fc surprising getting better. But may be bcos my OEM air box only got a tiny hole at the bottom, maybe too little air getting in. afte the changes my pedal feel lighter as well. my engine is D16 vtec auto.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

every morning when i start my car...my clutch very low, but after engine warm up....clutch become very high....i have change my upper and lower clutch pump...but problem still there...
wat is wrong?
please help...
yesterday i have send to my mech to release air, then problem solved....but this morning problem come out again...
previously was using cable clutch now change to oil pump type and this problem occur...this is the second time changing clutch pump...
if let say the pump to pedal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience