Air con compressor

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi bros and sifu,
I have a problem sourcing new or recon air con compressor for RD1. Anyone knows where i can find one or is there a chop shop where i can go. Thanks bro. Having a headache and bloody hot day for the past week.

DeliciousD

Known Member
Sep 29, 2007
what a coincidence.

my air con juz died 2 weeks back. i sent my car to my workshop and they replace it for my. cost me a hefty loads of money. i drove a gk btw.

for rd1 you can try mr lee at subang.

edit

Just read your post in the other thread. apparently you already know mr lee. if he cant source you the compressor, you can try at hyundai warehouse at glenmerie. not to be mistaken with hyumal service center. Never go to hyumal! They are dishonest and overcharge everything!

or you can try alex chai, our hcc member that is currently working with in a authorized hyundai service center in cheras. drop me a pm if you want his number

Last edited:

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi bro,
I have not checked with Mr. Lee about the compressor cause it might be the compressor or the cooling coil. Didn't have time to go check. Do u have any air con workshop to recommend? The one i go to quoted RM1000 for my compressor. Do u know what is the name of the workshop in glenmarie and where? Cheras is a bit far for me bro as i am having exams now. Thanks for the advice.

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
My compressor wet kaput a few month back. went to a nearby aircond workshop and they did order the compressor. The cost was around rm400++ plus labour.

Marsboy

Known Member
Sep 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@Mgbk, you dont need to get new compressor coz no guaranteed according to my mec, they give me 1-3 month guaranteed for recond instead...

DeliciousD

Known Member
Sep 29, 2007
hey mgbk,

the glenmarie one is hyundai warehouse. not mechanic. As for cheras, alex is our friend. you can arrange everything with him. If he come TT on 29th, you can order with him. I will be ordering some parts from him too :)

and i dun have any good aircond shop to reco. i change my compressor plus other aircond related stuff (which i already forget) for rm1.7k. T.T

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
@alangbudi bro, i'm guessing that is a recond, where is the workshop bro, cant stand the malaysian heat without aircon

@marsboy yeah bro it might also be my cooling coil. Havent got time to get it checked maybe next week.Where is your workshop bro? Was thinking of going ah loo at sunway but there is pretty ex.

@DeliciousD OOhhh i might just come for the TT to meet all u sifus. Haha i am actually looking for the clutch oil reservoir cover. I kinda lost it. Noob me. lol

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
Just got my air conditioning done at ss2. Friend recommended and it wasnt the compressor. The valve got blocked. So replaced it and change the drier/filter for 270. Working like refrigerator now. :D Hope another problem doesnt pop up.

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
I knew it was too good to be true. My compressor broke the next day after i fixed the valve and drier/filter. But i got a recond compressor for 520. So was not too bad i guess. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
Erm i dont know actually. They just got it for me. Does the brand really matter?