after overhaul..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh ya, one last thing - is your head gasket thicker than your original one? Loss of compression? My car experienced the same thing when I had to change to a new head. My old head had been max skimmed. So now back to original deck height and massive power loss.

neo83

Known Member
Mar 9, 2011
Johor Bahru
After reading..

my question :
- new cylinder that you bought. Did it came with complete camshaft and valves and tappets ?
*1.6 and 1.3 camshaft is not the same..in terms of lift / duration.
*tappet selection was made in the assembly line ( at the factory )..incorrect or mixed tappets ( not installed back with the pairing valve, valve spring, valve retainers ) could lead to problems such as difficult to start when engine is hot, power loss. This is a scenario IF the new cylinder head did not contain new cams,valves,springs,etc.
*tappet selection number is etched inside the tappet. very fine etching....it is common that these tappets get jumbled up when not marked intake1-intake8, exhaust1-exhaust8.

- what type of head gasket did they use ? genuine metal gasket or carbon head gasket ?
*for cylinder head replacement the OEM metal gasket is a must. CamPro engines dont work fine with carbon head gasket.

- did they replaced the spark plugs with new ones ?

- was the cam timing and belt tension correct ?
*if the cam timing is inaccurate, eg. missing a tooth on the sprocket ( either in retard or advance ) would affect performance.

- did they replace the old thermostat with a new one ?

- did they perform throttle adaptation after top overhaul ?

- checked for any vacuum leak at the intake manifold ?

My main suspect in this case is the camshaft. In some cases where 1.3 cams were installed into 1.6 engines, power loss is obvious.
From the factory, 1.6 and 1.3 cams came in different coloured markings.
Kindly check with the SC.

Do keep us posted.
wahhh..are u sure..
a lot of thing must be check..
my new cylinder come with complete set..
but my old cylinder he keep for trade in (katanye la..)
he use original gasket (OEM)..
BUT????..
i'm very2 surprised about the gasked price..
the price is rm800..
is it true????:confused:
about the thermostat he say he already change..
but i'm not check..(x kan nak buka sbb dah pasang)
about throttle and vacuum i'm not check..
for now i think i want check timing belt first..

anyway thanks crazykatak..

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Oh ya, one last thing - is your head gasket thicker than your original one? Loss of compression? My car experienced the same thing when I had to change to a new head. My old head had been max skimmed. So now back to original deck height and massive power loss.
i don't know about that..
but he told me the price of gasket is rm800..
he say that the original(OEM)..
:confused::confused::confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Gasket 800?????????????????????

You kena conned already la bro. Even ori from Proton doesn't cost that much

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Btw, you can confirm the price here : 1-800-888-398

Proton careline.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Totally agree with Izso on that.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
cylinder head gasket alone is about RM240+
if u say that the cylinder head is a completed unit..then fine.
im not trying to say im very sure about the camshaft thingy.but things do happen..its worth to look into this.

its wise to check timing belt. make sure markings at the cam gears are aligned, with the bottom marking.

do keep us updated :)

neo83

Known Member
Mar 9, 2011
Johor Bahru
Gasket 800?????????????????????

You kena conned already la bro. Even ori from Proton doesn't cost that much

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Btw, you can confirm the price here : 1-800-888-398

Proton careline.
saya mmg buat kat PROTON bro Izso..
:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
omg.. then I would go back there and make a helluva lot of noise. Why after overhaul car performance so cacat. Complain complain complain, if no resolution complain to consumer tribunal and say you paid xxxx amount by the manufacturer only to get back the car in worse condition than before.