Afr too rich

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
after changing exhaust,my afr is too rich...exhaust sensor is working...can anybody here tell me why ? :hmmmm:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
after changing exhaust,my afr is too rich...exhaust sensor is working...can anybody here tell me why ? :hmmmm:
maybe ur ecu over compensating kot? mind telling ur engine name? what size are ur exhaust pipe?

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
maybe ur ecu over compensating kot? mind telling ur engine name? what size are ur exhaust pipe?
no no my ecu is working great...4G67 engine...2.3

Bump:
How you tell the air fuel ratio is reach? by data from sensor or meter?
from wideband and afr auto meter.already read from ecu signal and also o2 sensor..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Bump:

from wideband and afr auto meter.already read from ecu signal and also o2 sensor..
what i mean is that... every time you change something to your engine configuration like intake/exhaust/ignition etc... the ecu bound to detect something...

for example, the ecu detect that the exhaust gas flow faster and unrestricted....as a consequence of this change, the ECU may not provide appropriate control for the new configuration since during in factory, engineers tune wif the stock exhaust only...mostly for fuel economy and emission control..

better u go tune... maybe a piggyback?

one more thing....during the exhaust change, do you do ur extractor as well (tuned-length extractor maybe)? if so, does the distance of the o2 sensor from the extractor flanges changed?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur

Bump:

hmm u r using a 2.3 4g67 ? turbo or n/a , whts ur AFR at WOT ? wht piggyback ?

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
what i mean is that... every time you change something to your engine configuration like intake/exhaust/ignition etc... the ecu bound to detect something...

for example, the ecu detect that the exhaust gas flow faster and unrestricted....as a consequence of this change, the ECU may not provide appropriate control for the new configuration since during in factory, engineers tune wif the stock exhaust only...mostly for fuel economy and emission control..

better u go tune... maybe a piggyback?

one more thing....during the exhaust change, do you do ur extractor as well (tuned-length extractor maybe)? if so, does the distance of the o2 sensor from the extractor flanges changed?
already tune...not much helping to get lean only on idle 1000-4000rpm upper then that too rich

yup i do tuned-length extractor..the distance of o2 sensor not changed.

Bump:
after this ur car have catylic converter or not??
nope..........................................

Bump:
hmm u r using a 2.3 4g67 ? turbo or n/a , whts ur AFR at WOT ? wht piggyback ?
n/a,upper then bellow 13....neo

before this working fine with oem 4-2-1 and 2.2 with mufler...change big coz 2.2 too pushing my engine

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
already tune...not much helping to get lean only on idle 1000-4000rpm upper then that too rich

yup i do tuned-length extractor..the distance of o2 sensor not changed.

Bump:

nope..........................................

Bump:

n/a,upper then bellow 13....neo

before this working fine with oem 4-2-1 and 2.2 with mufler...change big coz 2.2 too pushing my engine
errr at WOT its ok what around ~13 , if u say 11.5+ i would say rich la ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has any of u realised new cars like kelisa does not hav fuel return hose?
of which only export model of kelisa has fuel return hose back to the fuel tank
this question came into my mind when my friend wanted to install adjustable fuel pressure regulator in his kelisa
while from another friend of mine who works in p2, kelisa model do hav fuel return hose

so izzit true adjustable fuel pressure regulator fully function on engine that has fuel return hose?
n izzit bcoz these manufacturer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience