Aeroplane sound.......

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
gohkokeng said:
the performance / accessories shop boss told me 1....10.5mm power cable/grounding cable? will or might affect your audio with the sounds so called aeroplane sound?
so wat type of cable will not cause that aroplane sound?

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
What type? I using 9.5mm one, starting got airplane sound, after long time of troubleshooting, found out that is my HU RCA pre-out(rear)is the culprit. Actually, airplane sound got alot of cause, where mine is part of it. So if want o use a thicker one(10.5mm), I think you have to add grounding cables on your engine body.

Ok, back to the topic, your HU only have 1 pre-out. So your setup is something like this(70% correct, hopefully)
HU>pre-amp>front out>4 ch amp(front)>speakers, or tweeters
>rear out >4 ch amp(rear) >speakers
>sub out >2 ch amp >sub
If based on the above setup, is hard for me to believe that your HU got problem. If your HU really have this problem, then the left rear speaker or tweeter also will have the airplane sound. But so far you said only come from your front left speakers.
You have to bypass your pre-amp to test it already.

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
kyheng-the setting that u mention above is correct....

wat do u mean by bypass my preamp?
not so understand coz im still a newbie in ICE,got more to learn from u guys.........

thanks in advance!:shades_smile:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Bypass mean that you have to use your HU's pre-out to your 4 channel amp that have sirplane sound 1 without going thru your pre-amp..

edministrator

Oct 9, 2005
another question to the sifus:

can the aeroplane noise problem be decreased / eliminated by installing Raizen Pivot? :_:

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
edministrator said:
another question to the sifus:

can the aeroplane noise problem be decreased / eliminated by installing Raizen Pivot? :_:
ed,
its another equipment people put in that say 'ahhh! big difference in car pick-up response, fuel efficiency increases as well' or 'i noticed audio quality is better' bla bla...

basically its just a voltage 'ripple' filter that the manufactur trying market by creating doubt of you alternator rectifier capability. And what inside is just a bank of capacitors which makes it no different from the one big capacitor ppl install for the amplifier for louder SPL (another myth).
all i can say is that the 'difference' that the user feel is just placebo effect. In my opinion it is just another waste of money marketing hype to install something that will make no difference.

buy why filter the voltage ripple (if even the ripple cause any significant problem at the first place) on the power supply side when the noise you have is on the audio signal side?

but even if raizen pivot 'do stable' your voltage for a tiny bit (which i think does not), do you think it helps to eliminate 'audio noise' i.e. due to equipment problem (amp, xover, equaliser/pre-amp, HU, RCA with damaged connectors or bad insulators) which is the actual culprit of the noise?

no it will not help. Better go straight to the noise culprit. At least it solves the problem rather than bandage here and there.

p/s: i see someone again dismissing about something without even knowing about it. sifu eh?

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng said:
What is it actually? But I don't think it will help.
sifu, can u stop doing this 'dismissing' thing again? It really undermines ur credibility.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Is it? I think now you are trying your best to target me. That's why I asked in the first place what is it. Even if the thing is actually a VS or whatever, if your ICE got airplane sound, can you just add this thing or other things and solve the problem? Is no right? That is why my second statement comes out : But I don't think it can help. Maybe you can try to understand what I mean first then only try your best to 'dismissing me'. Won't you feel that is abit childish when you cannot understand somebody's word correctly and try to act clever?
I not a sifu or whatever, I only know when there is a problem, is try to use the most simple setup first rather than add this or add that. This is what I do from day 1 till now.

83cat

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
acually what kind of rca cable also amost the same, from until rm50-rm200, no diffrence also will get aeroplan sound if conet not good or other reason

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Well, you are right in some point, but if you can get a real good one that cost rm1000 for 1 meter RCA cable, then you can feel the difference. I have 1 Lightning Audio RCA cable, the sound quality that comes out from it is same like my rm50 RCA cable.

gwsallen

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
Alan86 said:
yeah my tweeter is powered through my 4 channel blaupunkt amp........it seems that the aroplanne sound come from the front left hand side speakers and not from the tweeter!

wat should i do to solve this prob?

thanks in advance......:shades_smile:
WAH all the gurus here max. brain storm liao...

IMHO:

1. Unplug RCA from your 2 channel amp (subwoofer). make sure you balut the RCA head with wire tape, do not short-circuit them.

2. Unplug rear RCA from your 4 channel amp. Also balut them.

3. Unplug the balance RCA for front channel from the 4 channel amp, now swap left to right, right to left. Check whether the aeroplane FLYING to front right :D. If yes, you got the answer lor, HU got to go. If aeroplane still flying on the front left let me know.

Good luck.

Honestly speaking, did you or did you not short-circuit your system recently?

What brand and model of HU your are running currently?

How does this AEROPLANE started to FLY on the front left channel?

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
gwsallen said:
WAH all the gurus here max. brain storm liao...

IMHO:

1. Unplug RCA from your 2 channel amp (subwoofer). make sure you balut the RCA head with wire tape, do not short-circuit them.

2. Unplug rear RCA from your 4 channel amp. Also balut them.

3. Unplug the balance RCA for front channel from the 4 channel amp, now swap left to right, right to left. Check whether the aeroplane FLYING to front right :D. If yes, you got the answer lor, HU got to go. If aeroplane still flying on the front left let me know.

Good luck.

nop

pioneer 3750

i oso dunno

now the aeroplane sound oredi decreased due to the audio isolator that i install couple of days ago......then my fren that installed the whole set of my ICE system try 2 seek for the aeroplane sound cause.......he try to lower the preamp volume n press my ofuel pedal,the aroplane sound sound dissapear......but i have 2 up my volume on my HU 2 60suntin to enjoy my sound system!

now he adjust the preamp volume lower than half.....so that i can enjoy my sound system by increasing the HU volume to 36!

hehehehehehe,thats all sifu........

now the aeroplane sound has gone!:shades_smile:

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
wat i really concern rite now is the radio frequency sound alike while im playing cds on my HU.....whether it is ori or cetak rompak cd......the sound still exist whenever the song change tracks!

really curios bout this matter........b4 i install the 4 channel amp,that sound did not appear! What The F@@k........

does anyone experience these kind of sound b4?:baring_teeth:

gwsallen

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
Alan86 said:
wat i really concern rite now is the radio frequency sound alike while im playing cds on my HU.....whether it is ori or cetak rompak cd......the sound still exist whenever the song change tracks!

really curios bout this matter........b4 i install the 4 channel amp,that sound did not appear! What The F@@k........

does anyone experience these kind of sound b4?:baring_teeth:
alan86,

throw away the pre-amp <-- hopeless item for current trend. Save some money for built-in X-over HPF & LPF HU. Try bypassing the pre-amp and see whether the radio frequency sound still appear. Im afraid your HU too old, more than 5 yrs?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Planning to fix FIAM electronic horns to replace the original kelisa horn...
anybody done that before?

shade some lights please! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience