AE92 with 4WD

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by km_chew, Jan 16, 2009.

1. km_chew

km_chew Senior Member

Hello guys.. i found one AE92 with 4wd (3SGTE) ..

can it really be install? Found it in the current shift magazine ..

2. spwn

spwn Senior Member

can post a scan of the mag so that we all can view?

thanks!

3. 5115

5115 Nobody
    Helmet Clan Moderator

tis is too good to be true...for us,and for authorities

4. scomatic

scomatic Banned

yupp... if from the AE92 4WD... definitely it will able to install to AE92 PNP...

5. km_chew

km_chew Senior Member

Really can't imagine such a sleeper look..

1st February, anyone going for open track day?

6. banzai

banzai Senior Member

where got ae92 4WD?? if you find one, then I would like to see the floorpan. it cannot plug n play to our local ae92 also coz where to fit the long shaft? the closest 4wd ae9x is ae95 carib, a wagon style car. as long you can settle the long shaft and axle placement, then it's a go. but tat requires one hell of a custom work to make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MoEVQb5Yo&feature=related

[​IMG]

#6 banzai, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  7. scomatic

scomatic Banned

oo... may be my info was wrong... pai sei pai sei...

Bump: oo... may be my info was wrong... pai sei pai sei...

8. 2 Old 2 Rusty

2 Old 2 Rusty Senior Member

I dare not comment on the validity of the Ae92 4WD but chances are there that these exist, bro. Civic also have 4WD models but these 4WD are not "performance" type; if you guys are thinking of Evo & so forth. These 4WD are primarily meant for use in snow driving. Can you imagine with only 100+ ponnies & less than 16 kgm of torque at the wheel (4A-GE) having to carry the burden of spinning all 4 wheels ? I think it'll go like a snail, man.

On the issue of an AE92 floorpan to fit a 4WD long shaft, it's not exactly plug & play but it's not that complex either. It's been done before. Some dudes from Sarawak fitted their AE92 & 101 with the Celica 3S-GTE; complete with the 4WD system with only minor mods. Their pix were in the 3S-Gen site but unfortunately, the site no longer exists. I may have saved the pix somewhere but I gotta to dig them out.

The exhaust tunnel is used to place the long shaft & the exhaust piping runs beside it; simple as that. The rest is left to your imagination.

Just my 5 kupang.:biggrin:

9. 20vturbo

20vturbo Senior Member

this is direct source.i am a friend of the owner of the car in Shift! magazine.i can post to you the pic of the rear axle.he told me only minor mod,no cutting of floor pan and it was approved by JPJ..wahaha.wait i look for the photo k...

Bump: btw,ae92 and ae100 mod to 4wd 3s such is this banyak owh at sarawak..

Bump: btw,ae92 and ae100 mod to 4wd 3s such is this banyak owh at sarawak..

10. daryl chan

daryl chan Banned

yes there is one in kuching
    mainly for track,not street

11. 20vturbo

20vturbo Senior Member

daryl_chan,

from what i know,there are a few in 4wd 3sgte kch

1.AE92 in shift! magazine.
    2.AE92 with SEG front black colour (last time runner up drag race
    3.AE111 white colour

also there's another ae92 3sgte sibububu..made in kch

12. 2 Old 2 Rusty

I saw the white A111 but I can't recall the color of the AE92.

The best part i like about the story is the phrase,"Approved by JPJ". I think the law is slightly different in East Malaysia compared to the Peninsular side. I seriously doubt that it'll get approved by the PUSPAKOM nor the JPJ here in West M'sia.

Can't understand why the double standards practised by those agencies....:confused:

Speaking of 3S-GTE, had a friend who used to own a Starlet with a 3S-GTE from Sabah. When it comes to Toyota mods, I salute the East M'sians ! Damn, you guys are Awesome !

13. pcmoddingmy

pcmoddingmy Senior Member

So if fitting 4WD into FWD Corolla is possible, it should be easy to lock the front driveshaft and make an all out FR AE80/92/101/111 right? Has this been done before and did the 4WD system take the beating? I think 3S is quite heavy for FWD corollas and it will upset the weight balance, but IIRC the 3S 4WD gearbox wont fit on 4A engines, right? So hunting for AE95 4WD gearbox would be the best choice... but its not going to be easy to find one.

14. 20vturbo

20vturbo Senior Member

i was with the ae92 corolla the other day..he was trying hard to slide the car..hahah..funny guy..the car comes with front and rear TRD lsd.

here you go...

the car is very fast...tuned by anthony rodriguez of maztech australia...wheel hp on dyno dynamics around 499 wheel hp..there's another orange coloured AE92 Levin,an 11 sec 3sgte 4wd with haltech ecu..sigh,how i wish my 92 were like these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ajik8953

ajik8953 Senior Member

fuyyoooo....499hp...ready to take off....

16. 2 Old 2 Rusty

Unfortunately, the 3S-GTE's 4WD gearbox can't be locked & used as a 2WD like their VR4 counterparts; as far as I know. My friend tried doing this & it only took 3 weeks before he destroyed the gearbox.

No, the 3S gearbox will not fit the 4A series or vice versa. If not, I'd be using the 6 speed g/box from the BT oredi lor...

If it's not a turbo, I'd suggest that you'd better off with 2WD rather than 4WD coz it's not powerful enough to pull it off.

No doubt the 3S is heavier than the 4A by about 60+ kgs but I think it can be overcome by having adjustable shox fitted. If it's a FR, than the balance will be upset but if it's FF, I think, it's not such a big issue.

The 3S-GTE is capable of achieving over 700 ps; provided that money is no objection.

It's ALL about $$, bro.:biggrin:

17. banzai

banzai Senior Member

i'm not surprised sarawak folks have it. hell, they can almost mod anything. since having a 4wd ae92 is possible with slight mod, perhaps this will open a floodgate for others if they have the right recipe & the moolah. just the drifting satria, it shows that with some imagination and creativity, you can make a FF become FR, or 4WD.

18. normality78

normality78 Senior Member

AFAIK, in japan they do have AE111 4wd in standard. But putting in 3SGTE 4wd system into it is something new. Unfortunately its located at sarawak else for sure i'll pay them visit and see how can it to be done on my car. hehehehehe

19. netmatrix

netmatrix Senior Member

I don't recall nor see any 4WD AE92 listed anywhere on the web. I only know from AE10x onwards there are 4WD versions. But most of them are running 3S and not 4A. Maybe another hybrid thing going on here.

20. cruiser78

cruiser78 Senior Member

how about fuel consumption? That's my real concern during these hard economy time...