AE92 with 4WD

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Hello guys.. i found one AE92 with 4wd (3SGTE) ..

can it really be install? Found it in the current shift magazine ..

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
can post a scan of the mag so that we all can view?

thanks!

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
tis is too good to be true...for us,and for authorities

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Really can't imagine such a sleeper look..

1st February, anyone going for open track day?

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
where got ae92 4WD?? if you find one, then I would like to see the floorpan. it cannot plug n play to our local ae92 also coz where to fit the long shaft? the closest 4wd ae9x is ae95 carib, a wagon style car. as long you can settle the long shaft and axle placement, then it's a go. but tat requires one hell of a custom work to make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MoEVQb5Yo&feature=related

Last edited:

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
oo... may be my info was wrong... pai sei pai sei...

Bump: oo... may be my info was wrong... pai sei pai sei...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
where got ae92 4WD?? if you find one, then I would like to see the floorpan. it cannot plug n play to our local ae92 also coz where to fit the long shaft? the closest 4wd ae9x is ae95 carib, a wagon style car. as long you can settle the long shaft and axle placement, then it's a go. but tat requires one hell of a custom work to make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MoEVQb5Yo&feature=related

I dare not comment on the validity of the Ae92 4WD but chances are there that these exist, bro. Civic also have 4WD models but these 4WD are not "performance" type; if you guys are thinking of Evo & so forth. These 4WD are primarily meant for use in snow driving. Can you imagine with only 100+ ponnies & less than 16 kgm of torque at the wheel (4A-GE) having to carry the burden of spinning all 4 wheels ? I think it'll go like a snail, man.

On the issue of an AE92 floorpan to fit a 4WD long shaft, it's not exactly plug & play but it's not that complex either. It's been done before. Some dudes from Sarawak fitted their AE92 & 101 with the Celica 3S-GTE; complete with the 4WD system with only minor mods. Their pix were in the 3S-Gen site but unfortunately, the site no longer exists. I may have saved the pix somewhere but I gotta to dig them out.

The exhaust tunnel is used to place the long shaft & the exhaust piping runs beside it; simple as that. The rest is left to your imagination.

Just my 5 kupang.:biggrin:

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
this is direct source.i am a friend of the owner of the car in Shift! magazine.i can post to you the pic of the rear axle.he told me only minor mod,no cutting of floor pan and it was approved by JPJ..wahaha.wait i look for the photo k...

Bump: btw,ae92 and ae100 mod to 4wd 3s such is this banyak owh at sarawak..

Bump: btw,ae92 and ae100 mod to 4wd 3s such is this banyak owh at sarawak..

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
daryl_chan,

from what i know,there are a few in 4wd 3sgte kch

1.AE92 in shift! magazine.
2.AE92 with SEG front black colour (last time runner up drag race
3.AE111 white colour

also there's another ae92 3sgte sibububu..made in kch

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
daryl_chan,

from what i know,there are a few in 4wd 3sgte kch

1.AE92 in shift! magazine.
2.AE92 with SEG front black colour (last time runner up drag race
3.AE111 white colour

also there's another ae92 3sgte sibububu..made in kch
I saw the white A111 but I can't recall the color of the AE92.

The best part i like about the story is the phrase,"Approved by JPJ". I think the law is slightly different in East Malaysia compared to the Peninsular side. I seriously doubt that it'll get approved by the PUSPAKOM nor the JPJ here in West M'sia.

Can't understand why the double standards practised by those agencies....:confused:

Speaking of 3S-GTE, had a friend who used to own a Starlet with a 3S-GTE from Sabah. When it comes to Toyota mods, I salute the East M'sians ! Damn, you guys are Awesome !

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
So if fitting 4WD into FWD Corolla is possible, it should be easy to lock the front driveshaft and make an all out FR AE80/92/101/111 right? Has this been done before and did the 4WD system take the beating? I think 3S is quite heavy for FWD corollas and it will upset the weight balance, but IIRC the 3S 4WD gearbox wont fit on 4A engines, right? So hunting for AE95 4WD gearbox would be the best choice... but its not going to be easy to find one.

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
i was with the ae92 corolla the other day..he was trying hard to slide the car..hahah..funny guy..the car comes with front and rear TRD lsd.

here you go...

the car is very fast...tuned by anthony rodriguez of maztech australia...wheel hp on dyno dynamics around 499 wheel hp..there's another orange coloured AE92 Levin,an 11 sec 3sgte 4wd with haltech ecu..sigh,how i wish my 92 were like these...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear sifu's, im having this problem currently. driving halfway, my air-cond starts blowing warm air out, when this occurs my engine temp gauge will hit redline - making the driver panic. after that, the air cond becomes cold again, and the temp goes back down to where it should be. it repeats itself.

if engine overheat, it wont go down so fast to my knowledge.

what could be the problem? radiotor? fan not working? something leaking?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience