AE92 Silvertop swap

Parvin

Jul 13, 2012
Selangor
Hi guys,

I'm planning to swap my current 4af AE92 to a 4age Silvertop. I have considered the Blacktop but due to some financial restrictions, I have to settle for a Silvertop.

My questions are, is this a good swap to go with? Are there any downsides to this particular engine?
I have done some reading but I need some advise from anyone who is willing to share.

Another thing, what is the price of a Silvertop halfcut these days? I know the Blacktop prices have gone through the roof, I'm wondering if it's the same case for a Silvertop as well.

Thanks for any input or advise..very much appreciated.

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
You can still get cheaper blacktop. 5 sp levin. About 4 k plus. 6 speeder are around 6 onwards. Stick to blacktop. No regrets. Unless you can find a last gen silvertop. The performance is similar to blacktop.

Parvin

Jul 13, 2012
Selangor
Thanks for the reply.
Last gen Silvertop would be from around 1995? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I honestly didn't know that there were differences in the Silvertop when compared to say a 1st gen and a last gen. Pardon my lack of knowledge :P
What are the differences anyway?

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Yup agree with Beyond & rayracing79. Go straight for BT, but if you something without problems go 16V.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
You can still get cheaper blacktop. 5 sp levin. About 4 k plus. 6 speeder are around 6 onwards. Stick to blacktop. No regrets. Unless you can find a last gen silvertop. The performance is similar to blacktop.
Agreed with beyond statement..last gen svt is more stable than 1st gen...and some more last gen the cable pedal alsi similar like blacktop..the extractor 4-2 is also same with blacktop.coz curently i also using the last gen...not big issue so far...already used more than 3++ year..

Parvin

Jul 13, 2012
Selangor
Thanks for all the replies..much appreciated.
Sorry I have been away for a while now.

Anyway, I have decided to go with the Blacktop. No more going back and forth on Silver or Black..haha.