ae111 headache problem

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
i'm driving an ae111 with stock engine 4afe manual, facing some headache problem need sifu help. the problem is this; my car sometime cannot start, no "click click" sound at all, some people told me it is ignition coil problem, some people told me it is starter problem, but my starter just changed carbon last month. one year ago i already face this problem, after change recon starter, i use for one year no problem, but now same problem come back again. any sifu here face this problem before? how to solve it? please don't tell me sell the car. okay, the thing i have done to my car is below, 1)already add starter relay, 2) already change ECU capacitor 5 years ago, 3) already change plug cable. 4)already change starter carbon, 5)This car use to work everyday, but cannot start maybe 1-2 time a week, if cannot start, turn on and turn off alarm few time then can start, got try take out the alarm few day, but same problem.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
suspect the ECU fried.
Try to borrow another ECU and test it.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
get a brand new starter.. not a recon.. :biggrin:

check ur battery too..

Gudluck :burnout:

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
If it's the distributor, the engine will crank but will die immediately you release the ignition key. Most likely is the starter. Replace it totally with a new one. Try not to use recond or serviced unit.

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
wiring also can cause this..

must check that too :biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Your "click click sound" refer to starter sound or the main relay clicking sound?
If starter doesn't crank at all then its your starter problem again. If main relay not clicking then its your main relay faulty.
But consider that your have mod in a separate starter relay, which i am doubt the wireman will gave you an OMRON relay but rather a china made relay, you might want to look into the mod relay as well.
Your problem sounds very straight forward any experience mech should be able to handle it.

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
already get foreman check, not battery problem, not distributor problem, the foreman add a original starter relay for me, he say my addition relay wrong wiring, but after add original relay same problem. I complain him and he get angry say he don't know check, this this that that, don't want to do my business. fine, since he already add the relay, i don't want get more trouble, i told him help to check my wiring, i find out that there is an other starter relay behind the main key switch, i ask him change it , don't know will solve the problem or not? i still testing it. If problem still there, will get a wireman to check. I also thinking, will it be ECU problem? because my car got one sensor below the handbrake, this sensor direct connect to the ECU, if no pull up the handbrake the car will not start.

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
If anyone get angry at you because they don't know how to fix, better take your car elsewhere if not you will just bring in more problems later.

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
problem solve, already tested for 3 weeks no problem, for your info, don't waste money to add a starter relay, because at the end it still control by the main starter relay behind the key switch.