AE101 Modification advise

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
glozz,

You're an old timer here right? Remember your nick back from the old days. Anyway good fuel consumption don't go hand in hand with high horsepower. So:

Good fuel consumption = remain stock
High horsepower = 7AGTE + Manual g/b (Definitely more than 10K)

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
hahah!! cytech... i am also wondering.. but scott...

thanks for the info r.. i know how to chop u jor.. HAHAHAH!!! wuUUHhuuuuUUU!!!!

well, that is the price for 200bhp and 20k.... and one words... 20k u place into a turbo engine etc 3sgte or nissan A31 with RB20... u get heaps lots of increasement...

reason, if u want ur AE101 to be lasting... u dun go for that high... ask Jimmy here... he owns a fastest AE101 among us before... and now... he is with MYVI... the reason... :) think deeper... u will know... 1600 cc engine... with that much of powers... u see a Honda type R mugen also u won't let it pass you. so... ends up... :)

I would suggest you to remain stock and go for minor mods etc exhaust and air intake mod... those cam, pulley and cranky... once u touch... it will be hard for u to climb back down... :thefinger:

juz sharing only mah... the price is estimation only.. plus workmanship n others mah...coz when mod difficult to do a budget wor.. so better budget higher, is not later no money to pay mechanic, kereta kena sangkut then lagi hailat!! hehehehe....

Last edited:

glozz

Known Member
Jan 26, 2003
Selangor
for turbo charged, still need to spend:
5 speed manual gearbox (With LSD) - 1.8k
fuel regulator - rm300
plug cable rm300
spark plug rm200
Turbo, intercooler, piping, banana, workmanship, wastegate, BOV and etc - 7k
management 3k
valve spring - 600
hi comp piston - 1.5k
metal gasket - rm350
port polish n blue print n balancing - 2k
Piston, Racing rod, supercharge crank - 2k
Adjustable Hi Low soft hard - 2k
Aerodynamic stuff - 2k

Anyway, for sure the turbo charge will produce much more power than NA can do. But 200 horse are define not for daily use already, it much much like track use already. FC will good? Please forget about it :mad:

Last word, to achieve 200BHP neither with NA setup or Turbo setup...and with budget 10k are definitely are IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Bump:
Wow... it is a rare car man!

What for want to change the filter? HKS also good ma!

What for? Don't believe what the advertisement said la. I do use it, feel no different. Even go to dyno before and after... Really no different!

Don't! APM performax are useless performance! Better get the Potenza or Tanabe sport absorber, or even go for Hi low soft hard such as TRD, TIEN, GAB, or even Titan!

change all the pulley set to lightened? It is good choice too, the pulley will save up the FC and free out the HP...
Thanks for all the advise and comments man. Well; it's been a long time since I played with engines and such anyway, so been out of it for quite long. Yeah; this is a really rare car, apparently everyone keeps telling me. 2 Doors actually; I meant sound insulation done for the 2 doors and the 2 back passenger sides (don't know what to call it)

Want to change it to KNN or something else 'cause prefer washable performance filters. The HKS is non-washable. Plus I was told that HKS tends to not last as long; was it?

As for voltage stabilizer; I admit, no performance gain at all. But it has definitely improved my SQ on my ICE 100%. And I've not changed the sound system yet; jsut brought over my old car's amp and subwoofer. So; it works as far as what I wanted it to lorr. :biggrin:

As for the APM Performax, just using the Front Springs; 'cause wanted a lower front look. Absorbers using Kayaba New SR Special that came with the car.

Any suggestions for the extractor? Should I go for the $$$ ones or get a cheaper but reasonable quality local made?

Also; for the Entire lightened pulley kit, I saw the price is almost $1.4k from a toyota tuning workshop. Rather pricey I must say; is it worth it? I was quoted RM400 for the crank pulley alone from another seller who only does lightened crank pulley. Any comments? Thanks

Bump:
Guys, kacau abit off topic....
Got Trueno AE101 4 doors meh?
or just SEG make-up Trueno facelift?
Sorry man; I was really half asleep. It's 2 doors. I just meant that sound proofing done for all 4 panels.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
honestly even get from chop shop also hardly can get less than 800 for any extractors...
all those chop shop fella "know" the parts are performance parts as stated "JASMA" they all said JASMA brand...wtf...:mad:

Bump:

voltage stabilizer are used for better voltage flow...
especially for ICE fever...it really works...
for performance wise, it's abit bit better when u starting the car...(my experience la)
ICE it's worked? Maybe... but why not just use the 1.5 Farad Cap? i think more nice than the "less than 0.5 farad cap" la.... Price also almost the same only.

Bump:
Thanks for all the advise and comments man. Well; it's been a long time since I played with engines and such anyway, so been out of it for quite long. Yeah; this is a really rare car, apparently everyone keeps telling me. 2 Doors actually; I meant sound insulation done for the 2 doors and the 2 back passenger sides (don't know what to call it)
is it same as RX8? Some said RX8 is 2 door version, but some said it have 4 door.

Want to change it to KNN or something else 'cause prefer washable performance filters. The HKS is non-washable. Plus I was told that HKS tends to not last as long; was it?
HKS can be change the span. KNN are not able to change the span. Anyway, if you want to have a long lasting air filter, you may consider a Blitz air filter. It only need an air gun to clean the air filter only.

As for voltage stabilizer; I admit, no performance gain at all. But it has definitely improved my SQ on my ICE 100%. And I've not changed the sound system yet; jsut brought over my old car's amp and subwoofer. So; it works as far as what I wanted it to lorr.:biggrin:
suggest you go for 1.0 farad cap

Any suggestions for the extractor? Should I go for the $$$ ones or get a cheaper but reasonable quality local made?
try to get a FGK 4-2-1 extractor (Banana shape)

Also; for the Entire lightened pulley kit, I saw the price is almost $1.4k from a toyota tuning workshop. Rather pricey I must say; is it worth it? I was quoted RM400 for the crank pulley alone from another seller who only does lightened crank pulley. Any comments? Thanks
having a lightened crank pulley alone is better than nothing.

jim260184

1,000 RPM
Jul 19, 2005
Seremban
www.meshio.com
u go 2 DAWS at cheras or feilo ngah at kajang or Kegani at puchong or ah choy at kepong area
u tell them.. boss ar.. i got 10k.. help me do up my engine.. giv me some option 2 choose -> good response / hi revvin / torque nice / smooth drivin / track based / street setup / touge / wangan

den u no need think too much dy.. just listen 2 wat they tell u n follow oni..

Bump: talkin bout air filter.. hope tis can help

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Last edited:

glozz

Known Member
Jan 26, 2003
Selangor
glozz,

You're an old timer here right? Remember your nick back from the old days. Anyway good fuel consumption don't go hand in hand with high horsepower. So:

Good fuel consumption = remain stock
High horsepower = 7AGTE + Manual g/b (Definitely more than 10K)
Yepp; old timer; so called larr. Not very active 'cause been quite busy. Now more active 'cause hand gatal liao. :biggrin:

Yeah; just trying to think the impossible lorr. Unichip = good?

Bump:
u go 2 DAWS at cheras or feilo ngah at kajang or Kegani at puchong or ah choy at kepong area
u tell them.. boss ar.. i got 10k.. help me do up my engine.. giv me some option 2 choose -> good response / hi revvin / torque nice / smooth drivin / track based / street setup / touge / wangan

den u no need think too much dy.. just listen 2 wat they tell u n follow oni..

Bump: talkin bout air filter.. hope tis can help

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
I actually intend to do that later. Tried to contact kegani; but no reply.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Yeah; just trying to think the impossible lorr. Unichip = good?
Unichip i do hear many of people said, it is the best in the piggy back series. Master EG9 also said so. But still standalone are the best of the best:biggrin:.

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
bro,i suggest u dun change 4-1,4-2-1 is the best,try find FGK,cause the exhaust already full set FGK legaris R,only 11KG from front to rear include muffler.

air filter dun change to open pod,drop in always better for auto.

1 step- change extractor 4-2-1,drop in high flow filter(if u dun care about petrol)
2 step- ECU-tom's or E-manage(but emanage need to retune cause toyota ECU will reset)
3 step-if u like manual,6 speed will give u the real power of BT 20V

if u start touch engine internal part,prepare 10k-15k:biggrin::biggrin:

donnyboy

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
TRD AE92:how abt apexi dual funnel air intake??inside ngam for 20v??inside the link,it is the best 1 bo....

glozz

Known Member
Jan 26, 2003
Selangor
bro,i suggest u dun change 4-1,4-2-1 is the best,try find FGK,cause the exhaust already full set FGK legaris R,only 11KG from front to rear include muffler.

air filter dun change to open pod,drop in always better for auto.

1 step- change extractor 4-2-1,drop in high flow filter(if u dun care about petrol)
2 step- ECU-tom's or E-manage(but emanage need to retune cause toyota ECU will reset)
3 step-if u like manual,6 speed will give u the real power of BT 20V

if u start touch engine internal part,prepare 10k-15k:biggrin::biggrin:
Changed to drop-in filter liao. Looking for extractor now.
Found a Unichip A for Toyota; but wondering how often and what's the interval between retune and the ECU reset?

Yepp; budget's around there. Need to think. Got an offer for Bolt-on-Turbo for 9k....

donnyboy

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
trdae92:i do saw the link b4 liao..but some pl say not suitable leh..isit got such things???need more info n advice..tq..wat r u using now?

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
Changed to drop-in filter liao. Looking for extractor now.
Found a Unichip A for Toyota; but wondering how often and what's the interval between retune and the ECU reset?

Yepp; budget's around there. Need to think. Got an offer for Bolt-on-Turbo for 9k....
i not so sure,i think unichip also have to tune back every 5000km to 10000km cause 20v bt ecu will reset it to original setting .a lot friend using e-manage on 20v,first install car very powerful,after a while,back to normal...

Blitz got ori bolt on turbo kit for 20v,but for me,bolt on turbo is no good unless u change the piston to turbo version/forged piston,a lot job to be done,ecu setting,and yr auto gearbox will not last if horse power to high during pickup.why don't u change it to 6-speed??a big different btw auto and 6 speed.

drop in filter better dun use k&N cause the oil from the filter will go to 4 throttle when high rev.i think the new version HKS hybrid drop in filter is good.

Bump:
glozz:u using fgk twin muffler now?
twin muffler is good for svt but not really good for BT.

his car is using FGK Fujitsubo Legaris R muffler fullset special for BT,made by sus 304 material on 11kg front to rear,,,:biggrin::biggrin:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
trdae92:i do saw the link b4 liao..but some pl say not suitable leh..isit got such things???need more info n advice..tq..wat r u using now?
why not suitable? It is just need to find the universal adapter only. All air filter is about the same only, just the best (i think) is blitz or Apexi Dual Funnel (must is original).

I previously used Blitz on 20V. After i change to ST205, i didn't use air filter at all. Only have a steel net to close the turbo intake only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i dont know whether im suppose to ask this here or at the market place. sorry if im posting at the wrong place.:biggrin: i want to ask whats the current market price for the mivec head complete with wiring. thank you in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience