AE-101 Wheels offset

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
if 15" +35 wif 55 series tire...will hit rear arch....could be someting wrong ady...

may i knw how width is ur rim? 8j?

thanks for your comment, My rim is 15" x 7J offset 35, kena kao kao on my driver side belakang. if i carry stuff, example luggage of 4 persons, and 2 ppl sitting behind. I will cry. :(
ppl will scold me what a lousy car and keep on looking down on my car. please please.... anybody or workshop can help me to fix this? I can confirm i check my absorber and spring liao. no issue for this. maybe other thing running out of standard. 8313, u got good mechanic to figure this out for me? and i can use ur car as standard for them to compare side by side.
i went to 10 workshops, all ask me to knock mudguard, 10 workshops ask me to change adjustable. :(

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
thanks for your comment, My rim is 15" x 7J offset 35, kena kao kao on my driver side belakang. if i carry stuff, example luggage of 4 persons, and 2 ppl sitting behind. I will cry. :(
ppl will scold me what a lousy car and keep on looking down on my car. please please.... anybody or workshop can help me to fix this? I can confirm i check my absorber and spring liao. no issue for this. maybe other thing running out of standard. 8313, u got good mechanic to figure this out for me? and i can use ur car as standard for them to compare side by side.
i went to 10 workshops, all ask me to knock mudguard, 10 workshops ask me to change adjustable. :(
hey bro..those two are the options...and one more -- change rims... if you want to use that rim, have to rework your mudguard area which can take time.. I'm using 6.5JJ with 195/55/15 tyres, knocked fender a bit about 2-3mm and yet it still kena a bit when going on bumpy roads on full load.. offset i'm not sure, i think it's 36 or 38..

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
I think to have a clearance the 2-pot brake caliper,at least should use offset 45 rim. I'm using 15", 195/55/15 with offset 45 and no prob occurs except the balancing plate need to stick away abit inside..if not, it will grind with the caliper...for the rear wheel,that's ok to stick it at the normal spot...my 2 cents

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
For AE101, did you guys noticed front fender left and right side diff. curve? mine is diff and keep hit the front fender driver side.

Is my front fender problem or normally is like that?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
For AE101, did you guys noticed front fender left and right side diff. curve? mine is diff and keep hit the front fender driver side.

Is my front fender problem or normally is like that?
Maybe because it's on the driver's side = your weight.. if it's not, it's maybe because of this: Some corollas have this front wheel alignment problem due to age which causes one side to stick out a bit compared to the other side.. i've got this problem but thank God it doesnt affect handling..but it does affect a bit tyre wear. Solution: rotate when engine service is due.. i also saw some other AE111, AE101, AE92 and even AE80 with this problem.. some cases it became worse after engine transplant.. just my thoughts.. all the best.

KentK

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Maybe because it's on the driver's side = your weight.. if it's not, it's maybe because of this: Some corollas have this front wheel alignment problem due to age which causes one side to stick out a bit compared to the other side.. i've got this problem but thank God it doesnt affect handling..but it does affect a bit tyre wear. Solution: rotate when engine service is due.. i also saw some other AE111, AE101, AE92 and even AE80 with this problem.. some cases it became worse after engine transplant.. just my thoughts.. all the best.

Bro.
These weel alignment problem only will happens at the front side ? what about the rear side ? Any solution for that ?

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
Yes,agree...my mom's toyota LE faces a same prob since my 4AFE engine been transfered to her car. The front right side of the tyre looks 'come out' from the fender.Everytime hits the uneven roads on a higher speed, it will hit the inner fender.Dont no what to do:confused:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Bro.
These weel alignment problem only will happens at the front side ? what about the rear side ? Any solution for that ?
I dont know la bro.. dont really have the time to test changing lower arms and stuff.. I've tried changing all rubber bushings but the problem remains.. maybe u can experiment and let us know? heheh :P

hifonic

Feb 4, 2011
Philippines
Sir it is possible to use 17in x 71/2jj offset 45, in ae101 particularly in rear fender?
any suggestion before i buy the magswheel with that specs above

thanks in advanc:bawling:

chek_corolla

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
my 2 cents on AE111 wheels and suspension.
Currently still running on 17in, 205-45-17 offset 42, no problem as I am using adjustables.
If running without adjutables, corolla will tend to sink down at the back. Either it will hit the inner fender or the cup for the stock suspension.

Running 42offset wise will also have problem with front hitting the inner fender when turning. And my problem solved by using 7mm spacer which really push the wheel out to have it flush. Meaning, 42offset plus 7mm spacers equals to 35offset. Which I think its a pretty good for corollas.

Next week I shall update you all with 35offset 15" 7jj with 205/50/15

hifonic

Feb 4, 2011
Philippines
my 2 cents on AE111 wheels and suspension.
Currently still running on 17in, 205-45-17 offset 42, no problem as I am using adjustables.
If running without adjutables, corolla will tend to sink down at the back. Either it will hit the inner fender or the cup for the stock suspension.

Running 42offset wise will also have problem with front hitting the inner fender when turning. And my problem solved by using 7mm spacer which really push the wheel out to have it flush. Meaning, 42offset plus 7mm spacers equals to 35offset. Which I think its a pretty good for corollas.

Next week I shall update you all with 35offset 15" 7jj with 205/50/15
Sir Thanks a lot for your info, Im currently using schumacher mags 17"x7jj offset 42 in my ae101 with Pirelli 215/45/17, it was pretty good fitment for me no rubbing issue at the rear fender even I had 3 passenger at the back using a lowering spring 1 finger gap without load!

My concern what if I change to 17 x 7.5jj offset 45 it can be fitted without any rubbing in fender or wheel well at the rear fender???:hmmmm:
I can use spacer of 3mm thick to change offset to 42, but i have no idea is the 7.5jj width of rims???

chek_corolla

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
7.5jj is the width of the wheel.
If you are still using 215 profile tires then it shouldnt be a problem for u.
45offset wise... i would not be recommending you to do that for your fronts. Or it should be hitting the the spring cup at the back.

Why run such a big wheels? It will affect performance and fuel consumption. Why not try different styling having slightly smaller wheels like 15 or 16 and have it be flushed with the car body?

Every single day i curse my 17in wheels and cut my lunch budget to get myself a set of 15" :proud: