advise on vr4 and gsr

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
All Bros and Sis,
Let me recall... VR4 is much more older compared to GSR and in terms of reliability, GSR is much more better than VR4. In terms of fuel consumption, GSR is much more better than VR4.

Also, actual performance is based on power to weight ratio and depending on where you put these engines into which body ... la la la...

Who said GSR can't smoke VR4 or Evo? It all depends on what the modifications are as well as who the drivers are and how much $$ one is willing to invest.

Don't be always too narrow minded by saying higher cc will be faster.. neh... this is not the case though.

This is just my personal opinion though. No hard feelings.

Mininova729

Oct 27, 2007
Correct, but if both with perfect tuned, sure Evo and Vr4 will smoke Gsr.
No wonder almost of true draggersss choose to have Evo engine. It has high limitation of mods compare to GSR.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
There's no replacement for displacement.

fUnc

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
There is no such thing that a newer engine (but still around 10 years old engine) is more reliable than a older engine (around 15 years old). It all depends on how you maintain the engine during/after conversion that counts.

If GSR is seriously better than VR4, why do they convert to VR4 in the first place? GSR "saves more fuel" and "more reliable" and roadtax is cheaper too!
And why are those GSR owners migrating over to the 63s family?

Of course driver counts, would you be proud driving a GSR to smoke an uncle driving his son's VR4 to go yum cha with his friends?

Don't compare a modded GSR vs a stock VR4 please...if you were to compare that way, a pretty heavily modded VR4 can whoop F430 on the straight anytime.

Given the same amount of money to build a GSR and a VR4, I'll place everything I have on the VR4. Why, you ask? First of all, after market performance parts for 63 family are readily available. For 93, you don't have as many varieties of after market parts. Then comes the reliability of the engine.Lets see how much a GSR has to spend on internals compared to the VR4 when the engine hits 400bhp.

Don't be always too optimistic at times...certain facts can't be changed. There is no replacement for displacement as MitonCT26 said.

No hard feelings though, just my "personal" opinion. :driver: :driver: :driver:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Hmmm...and that why i want to go for 63's family...but unfortunately...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
All Bros and Sis,
Let me recall... VR4 is much more older compared to GSR and in terms of reliability, GSR is much more better than VR4. In terms of fuel consumption, GSR is much more better than VR4.

Also, actual performance is based on power to weight ratio and depending on where you put these engines into which body ... la la la...

Who said GSR can't smoke VR4 or Evo? It all depends on what the modifications are as well as who the drivers are and how much $$ one is willing to invest.

Don't be always too narrow minded by saying higher cc will be faster.. neh... this is not the case though.

This is just my personal opinion though. No hard feelings.
no hard feelings , bt the gsr's conrod is like a lidi compared to vr4s , how bout reliability at 30psi :D i can bet the gsr block will have a hole and the conrod rolling on the floor

u can see, not many SDB cars use GSR , they clock more to cross the 1/4 mile , if u spend 10k on a GSR , i know you can beat the hell out of the vr4 , but you know if u spent the same amount on the vr4 , the gsr will only be seeing the tail light vr4 , doesnt matter if the body is satria , wira or putra.

i know doesnt mean higher cc will be faster, bt in this case , following my experience , n off cos sifu mitons ,hehe :D gsr's alwiz get the beating

but one thing , if only the owner spent it on the right mods

if a vr4 owner goes n change his piston , conrod , crap mods worth 10k
and the gsr owner fits in a mivec head + a GT30R , of cos the vr4 will get whopped in glory , so it depends, if the owner is blindly modding , of cos money wasted :D

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks for all the inputs... appreciate it but did you comment based on other people's input or you have experienced it yourself or none of these two? Needless to say, I know the answer :)

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Hahaha...come on, make me go for gsr. Endorsable...
But, i dont think so, mostly prefer 4g63.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Wah... i agree with Miton and Jin.

Don compare GSR and VR4 as both engine belong to a different class. If compare stock to stock with a wira body, GSR can only see the Vr4 tailight. :)

And if i'm not mistaken, Melvin aka SDF's VR4 took 3rd or somewhere there in Sepang, few years back.

fUnc

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
GSR06,
You don't know who Miton is. I bet he's been playing mitsu years longer than you do.
I'm driving one VR4 myself.
Well then, go ahead and mod your 1.8 GSR. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Someday when you kena tapau by a 63T, you'll say "Tiu...that one 2L engine maaaaa"

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for all the inputs... appreciate it but did you comment based on other people's input or you have experienced it yourself or none of these two? Needless to say, I know the answer :)
lol i know it myself

im previously on evo3 , now on vr4
u need more history of zth ?
khoyos previously on 4g61 then later on vr4 legendary fiore wagon sepang
melvin sdf one of our legends , vr4 4wd beast on sdb , td06 25g
miton vr4 then later he curi 4g64 block with ct20b hyrbid
djlanevo3 previously on evo3 then changed to vr4 block
xcheong on evo3 , customized a 4g67 block n fitted in vr4 internals
cipan_supercas on evo2 stock
bertdeen on t67 turbo vr4
jo1 on nice US recipe turbos cams and vr4
kriminalz previously on k27 turbo , now err dunno vr4 too
WEJ on vr4 block , big ass turbo , air-water cooler ,
vtec_killer , built a monster vr4 with a hks t51spl turbo rating more than 600whp
cypress_8 stock evo 3 block
s1997 stock evo 1 block

show me your GSR's boy :D , one of the most powerfull GSR's thats in malaysia i guess is the one owned by DSP Batu Caves , with a Mivec Head , all internals were changed to forged to cope with the power , stock GSR block will have blown long time ago , with a GT35R Ball Bearing turbo

VR4's are uselss when stock boost, we tend to have a very low comrpession ratio , with stock turbo , stock everything , by just uprating its boost levels, u can already see the GSR headlight far away , lol

serenum on GSR , happy with the stock boost , playing around in Sepang Track Days,
Dj`Revo on t3/t4 GSR - u can ask how he feels on GSR upgradability
DSP David on stroked Mivec GSR + GT35R turbo , getting 12.5 Seconds on SDP

i can list you more but just that cant remember all you guys :) and psttt, im not picking this list from somewhere, all are ppl that I do know from zth
all gsr users who needs upgradability really feel a slight regret as they could not go far with stock internals ,

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
lol i know it myself

im previously on evo3 , now on vr4
u need more history of zth ?
khoyos previously on 4g61 then later on vr4 legendary fiore wagon sepang
melvin sdf one of our legends , vr4 4wd beast on sdb , td06 25g
miton vr4 then later he curi 4g64 block with ct20b hyrbid
djlanevo3 previously on evo3 then changed to vr4 block
xcheong on evo3 , customized a 4g67 block n fitted in vr4 internals
cipan_supercas on evo2 stock
bertdeen on t67 turbo vr4
jo1 on nice US recipe turbos cams and vr4
kriminalz previously on k27 turbo , now err dunno vr4 too
WEJ on vr4 block , big ass turbo , air-water cooler ,
vtec_killer , built a monster vr4 with a hks t51spl turbo rating more than 600whp
cypress_8 stock evo 3 block
s1997 stock evo 1 block

show me your GSR's boy :D , one of the most powerfull GSR's thats in malaysia i guess is the one owned by DSP Batu Caves , with a Mivec Head , all internals were changed to forged to cope with the power , stock GSR block will have blown long time ago , with a GT35R Ball Bearing turbo

VR4's are uselss when stock boost, we tend to have a very low comrpession ratio , with stock turbo , stock everything , by just uprating its boost levels, u can already see the GSR headlight far away , lol

serenum on GSR , happy with the stock boost , playing around in Sepang Track Days,
Dj`Revo on t3/t4 GSR - u can ask how he feels on GSR upgradability
DSP David on stroked Mivec GSR + GT35R turbo , getting 12.5 Seconds on SDP

i can list you more but just that cant remember all you guys :) and psttt, im not picking this list from somewhere, all are ppl that I do know from zth
all gsr users who needs upgradability really feel a slight regret as they could not go far with stock internals ,
Fully agreed and totally salute them....:adore: :adore: :adore:
Coz I have try on my fren Vr4 Before.. from 0 km/h within 4 lamp post 200 km/h liao... very salute those whom sacrify their time and money for their monster....:adore: :adore:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
You know a lot of zth members... Done mods together haa?

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Fully agreed and totally salute them....:adore: :adore: :adore:
Coz I have try on my fren Vr4 Before.. from 0 km/h within 4 lamp post 200 km/h liao... very salute those whom sacrify their time and money for their monster....:adore: :adore:
mag,4 lamp post....that 200 meter right?damn that was fast....:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

i have few power part to let go..

1. Garrett T2530 ball-bearing turbo
@Rm1000 (original from japan)

2. Apexi Hybrid Intercooler (similar size with vr4 i/cooler)
@Rm500 (original from japan)

3. Blizt 2nd generation BLow off valve
@Rm250 (original from japan)

4. Greddy 2nd generation(profecB) Boost controller
@Rm600

5. 510cc Evo injector
@Rm320 x4
@Rm160 x2
RE: someone reserve two...but if he not goin to collect these few day i will let it go at 4 piece...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience