[Advice] Subaru GL Wagon 1.8 1991 Model

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Oct 9, 2004
Hi fellow ZTHians

As the topic title goes, I've got my eye on this 1991 Subaru GL AWD wagon originally fitted with the 1.8L N/A engine but ...

What's been done to the car?

Converted to a Ver 2 Non STI WRX engine. Stock standard. (Half cut)
Standard Ver 2 WRX gearbox and clutch
K&N pod filter

3 inch custom exhaust from the manifold back with center bullet and a ori 5 Zigen muffler.

Front end suspension and disc brakes from the Ver 2 WRX with KYB dampers
Read end suspension stock GL with upgraded springs, Ver 2 WRX disc brakes, KYB dampers

16 inch Rims with Michelin Front tyres and Goodyear Read Tyres 205/65? profile, me thinks.

Air scoop/Vent for the Stock intercooler moded on the bonnet.

Not sure what model/year Levin Bucket Seats fitted both driver and passenger.

Aftermarket steering wheel.

ICE, of course gonna be taken out (spent 10K apparently) and fitted with a cheap CD head unit and speakers.

Other than all listed above, everything else is stock standard.

So, my dillemma is, how much will all this cost to put all the above together if I were to do it myself? Also how much ya'll reckon a reasonable price to offer for the abovementioned car? Bare in mind a 1990-91 Subaru GL wagon stock standard, market price RM10K - RM14K.

Hope any of you `experts' out there can lend a hand in making me decide on whether to pursue this car or my preffered car (the 180sx/silvia). Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Oct 9, 2004
Originally posted by WRX STI@Oct 26 2004, 20:38
B) FYI ver2 wrx half cut ard 4.5k to 5k.
Thanks for quote. You reckon with around 15K (parts & labour) I can actually convert a GL wagon to a WRX engine + brakes + suspension? Curious. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi. I have this dumb problem with my car when I drive over a groove or when taking corner hard. The tyres will touch the fender/car body when I corner hard. As such, I have decided to attempt to find someone or some place that can do wide body.
I require that the fender be CUT so that the wheel arch will be wider, and then a wide wheel arch will have to be put on the fender so that the arch will be wide enough that my tyres won't touch it when I corner hard.

Anybody knows what I'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience