Advice needed from all sifu's..

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Sifu's greetings!

A proud owner of Airtrek.. really... never regret even thou.. the old lady its aging..

ok sifus.. in need advice and very much appreciated..

hands gone itchy and did quite abit mods:-

2.3 stroker
evo 9 turbo
boosting @1.5, 280hp
install HKS 274/278 but didnt tune yet.. as according to the installer it will effect my daily drive..

bros.. what do you think? should I tune the cam? how bad will it effect my daily ride? will my hp increase? fuel consumption save?:confused:

btw did my mods at Ah Wah.. very nice guy thou..:adore:

all advice are very much appreciated...:adore:

weiye

Jan 26, 2014
Singapore
eh 2.3L stroker and e9 turbo I think the boost kicks in super fast? full boost at 3000 rpm? I think if you installed aftermarket cams such as HKS, must set cams and tune then you can get much more power. HP should increase and I think fuel consumption should be better also. If you never tune I believe mostly will run rich?

Anyway, I think if you are on 2.3 stroker, really should at least consider a FP green or 20g turbo. There is almost no lag and the power is a lot more. 280hp is not doing justice to the stroker I feel.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
so you r the guy who bought the cam from N1 before i could reach it..

based on your setup with 2.3L and cams, u should run with bigger turbo to optimize the setup.. now its like super fast response, and taper off at high rpm.. there are several turbo to choose like weiye mentioned. Forced Performance Green/black/red, Garrett GT30 above, TD06H etc.. But u can still stick with the E9 turbo if u like the high torque-ness

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
2.3 with E9 turbo should get very good response and coupe with the cam (must tune of course!), you should easily see AT LEAST above 300whp mark and not 280. Like what other said, it's too little for the mods you did. What else? Are you still running the stock top mounted intercooler? I would assume you did the following too....

1) injector
2) fuel pump
3) larger front mount intercooler
4) full exhaust
5) fuel regulator
6) other supporting mods like brakes & handling department.. (which I assume you did at least).

Got a buddy running standard Evo mods like most of us and by just throwing in 262 cams + dyno tune, he's already seeing 310whp. No stroker kit some more...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Tomei if I am not mistaken....

Actually it depends a lot on other factors. Other than the 'uprated hardware', you need to consider the engine and gearbox health. Eg. if the gearbox is slipping a lot, you loose a lot of power. Or the engine is not in it's best condition, power is lesser...

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Sifu's greetings!

A proud owner of Airtrek.. really... never regret even thou.. the old lady its aging..

ok sifus.. in need advice and very much appreciated..

hands gone itchy and did quite abit mods:-

2.3 stroker
evo 9 turbo
boosting @1.5, 280hp
install HKS 274/278 but didnt tune yet.. as according to the installer it will effect my daily drive..

bros.. what do you think? should I tune the cam? how bad will it effect my daily ride? will my hp increase? fuel consumption save?:confused:

btw did my mods at Ah Wah.. very nice guy thou..:adore:

all advice are very much appreciated...:adore:
Definitely will need to tune your cams. Did the cams come with the cam specification card for dialing in?
Get the cam dialing done nicely and go for a retune to get it more optimized with more power :proud:

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Bro Edward,

1) injector : evo injector
2) fuel pump : Evo I think
3) larger front mount intercooler : evo 7
4) full exhaust : 3 inch
5) fuel regulator : works engineering
6) other supporting mods like brakes & handling department : change to 4 pot brembo, car doesn't stop so change to AP 6 spot

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
sifu's;

I really stuck high and dry now... I don't know why ah wah set my car running rich, I ask few times to set the cam for me... no action... so abit frust ler..

When I push my car in... I really go all out.. so I do think now I'm in need to set the cams and dyno the car in healthy condition...

the other day I pushed my car in high way... black smoke all the way back...

in need of a good tuner..... anyone? plz

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sifu's;

I really stuck high and dry now... I don't know why ah wah set my car running rich, I ask few times to set the cam for me... no action... so abit frust ler..

When I push my car in... I really go all out.. so I do think now I'm in need to set the cams and dyno the car in healthy condition...

the other day I pushed my car in high way... black smoke all the way back...

in need of a good tuner..... anyone? plz

maybe ahwah is playing safe...

i guess what u really need is a proper 4g series tuner that can set the cam properly and do ecu tuning.... where is your location? there is plenty of capable tuner in sunway....u can try ask n1 tune the cam for u along ecu on dyno...that would be much easier

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rich for turbo is good, but he mentioned until black smoke comes out means too much carbon already.....

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
you need to tune your trek. get the ecu reflash. got few tuner around kl/selangor.
try ask this guy. sideq 019-7762985. can also ask ah wah contact for AC Lau aka panjang.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
you need to tune your trek. get the ecu reflash. got few tuner around kl/selangor.
try ask this guy. sideq 019-7762985. can also ask ah wah contact for AC Lau aka panjang.

AC Lau is good. Tall skinny falla. Very experience. You may PM me is your want his contact.

You can try GT Auto as well. They also good in tuning.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu....

i hv a mod car but now got bit problem here hope all sifu can gv me a idea here thank you very much.......

when my car rav till 5k rpm (sometime start fr 4k+) it always not smoth n some times sounds like "PopPopPop ...." can any1 help me out ???
tried out used to control the fuel but still the same - or + fuel also same ...... change the plug n cable also the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience