Advice engine oil for campro engine

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
hi,i also wanna ask,10w - 40 and 15w - 40 is semi synthetic right?if i wanna use motul brand for my car,which 1 is suitable?coz motul also got many type for semi 1 if i am not wrong,anyone know?10w better or 15w better anyway for campro iafm?will the engine have the tet tet sound if i intend to use 10w?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
lkc,

Motul 10W-40 & 15W-50 came with Fully Synthetic (300V Series) & Semi Synthetic.
The 300V is expensive for me...

Refer to your statement above. You may use the MOTUL Turbolight 10W-40 Semi Synthetic.
15W-50 seems too thick for Campro unless your's is mod & higher HP.

For stock & healthy condition you may use the 5W-40 (fully) or 10W-40 (fully or semi)
Tapped sound also depends on your engine healthy & modification.

Previously I tested most of the viscosity into my ride to find the match.
Each engine have their own characteristic.

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro, to choose the type of engine oil is always confusing. Some people said no need use synthetic. Some said synthetic is the best.

But for me, i will always treat my car with synthetic. So far, never experienced any damage to my engine. To choose brands of oil sometimes can be confusing. My advise, just stick with established (company) brand name and follow strictly to manufacturer recommended viscosity. You wont go wrong, trust me.

Herewith, I would like to share a write-up on engine oil from one of the expert (he is a dealer actually) in UK. http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/tech-articles/Oil-Myths.pdf

Cheers to all:smokin:

thor03

Dec 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah what BE5RSK said is true, any syntetic is good but used like a big name company.......
avoid buy mineral....... the parts always fail in engine was conrod bearing, if oil can't reach there then u might having a problem start with bearing then jump to other parts one by one.....

that my 2cent opinion

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah what BE5RSK said is true, any syntetic is good but used like a big name company.......
avoid buy mineral....... the parts always fail in engine was conrod bearing, if oil can't reach there then u might having a problem start with bearing then jump to other parts one by one.....

that my 2cent opinion
for me, big name company does not guarantee they can make the best engine oil..i have been doing load tests on some types of oil like eneos, motul, hks, jtx1000, platinum 1000, castrol and shell...best result i have is platinum 1000 (new product in the market)..2nd best is jtx1000, 3rd is motul fully syntetic...

results of this test was taken by how much weight is used at load test machine, how long time it takes and effect of damage to the bearing ...from there we can make decisions which engine oil the best...

Last edited:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
aiya...!nowaday outside spare shop got many many engine oil with any type,but for me as long as we always good take care,and service d car on time,maintenance it when it really need replace part like brake pad,brake shoe,timing belt,belting,bearing,rubber bush,bla bla...doin good maintenance and service car on time is better u using good or expensive engine oil /gearbox for once......running till 10 to 20k or maybe forget service or no money service hold hold hold....till engine performance be poor,other part damage/leaky,crack,torn already but dun wan replace.every part in car is important,need relugar maintenance/check up,replace when torn out.Like me,i just using castrol semi oil but service on time,no need use how good or very expensive oil like motul ,or any import from japan oil.basic ok!what u car?just for daily use rite?

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006
errr, for me petronas not bad la, or maybe u can follow F1 partners, like mobil, shell, petronas, elf n etc, coz i think F1 also can count on them, sure got no problem gua, btw elf was owned by amway now

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
The most important aspect is, make sure the engine oil is genuine and not the recycled one.
Nowadays, lots of recycled engine oil sell at spare parts shops. Normally, they sell it slightly cheaper from the oil manufacturer recommended price. Make sure you purchase it from "trusted" shop, or if you are not sure which shop, just buy from the pump stations.

On the other note, I know some of forumers here have heard about staffs of some authorised car service centres (cannot revealed the name cos no proof) doing some "project" regarding the engine oil. The modus operandi is, the changed the engine oil of the customers' cars with genuine engine oil. As we all know, most engine oil bottled in 1L and 4L packs. Let say the car needs 3.8L for engine oil, they will pour the oil in exact quantity into the engine, but they will keep the balance of 200ml and charge customer based on 4L price. This balance of oil (200ml) will be use for the next customer (let say also need 3.8L oil), and will have a new balance of 400ml. The will do it over and over again for the next customers until they get "balance" of exactly 4L in an unopened bottle. The staff will sell it outside with a very attractive price.

I knew this "project" through my friend who sold me a bottle of unopened 4L Syntium 3000 fully synthetic printed with Pr#&on logo with a price of RM 50.00

Now, I regret already. It's not that he cheated me with the fake oil. For me, it just unethical attitude. Now, I stop purchasing engine oil from him (even though it's very hard to resist the temptations to get good things at cheap price). The worst part, he mentioned to me that this "project" is normal and happens at any authorised service centres and some of them even mix the fresh engine oil with used engine oil into the customer car, to speed up the quantity of unopened bottle of engine oil.

My advise to all, if you change your car engine oil at any authorised service centre/dealer, please ask the balance of oil. You have paid for it, so you deserved to get the remaining/balance of the engine oil.

Last edited:

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
aiya...!nowaday outside spare shop got many many engine oil with any type,but for me as long as we always good take care,and service d car on time,maintenance it when it really need replace part like brake pad,brake shoe,timing belt,belting,bearing,rubber bush,bla bla...doin good maintenance and service car on time is better u using good or expensive engine oil /gearbox for once......running till 10 to 20k or maybe forget service or no money service hold hold hold....till engine performance be poor,other part damage/leaky,crack,torn already but dun wan replace.every part in car is important,need relugar maintenance/check up,replace when torn out.Like me,i just using castrol semi oil but service on time,no need use how good or very expensive oil like motul ,or any import from japan oil.basic ok!what u car?just for daily use rite?

that true wut u say...care ur car..service at the time...but u think something...how bout the "kaki lenjan"...must use best engine oil...if not..sure u got some bad luck at ur engine...my satria neo...rev cut at rpm 9.5k...an i always "lenjan n tarik"...and i feel platinum 1000 the best for my campro engine..before this, i've try shell fully syntetic, hks na racing (price at kakimotor rm280), petronas and motul...and when i know 1 new product lounch at the market..i go to wacth the test to compare with others engine oil...and now, i feel good...good better when i use platinum 1000....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

that true wut u say...care ur car..service at the time...but u think something...how bout the "kaki lenjan"...must use best engine oil...if not..sure u got some bad luck at ur engine...my satria neo...rev cut at rpm 9.5k...an i always "lenjan n tarik"...and i feel platinum 1000 the best for my campro engine..before this, i've try shell fully syntetic, hks na racing (price at kakimotor rm280), petronas and motul...and when i know 1 new product lounch at the market..i go to wacth the test to compare with others engine oil...and now, i feel good...good better when i use platinum 1000....

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
that true wut u say...care ur car..service at the time...but u think something...how bout the "kaki lenjan"...must use best engine oil...if not..sure u got some bad luck at ur engine...my satria neo...rev cut at rpm 9.5k...an i always "lenjan n tarik"...and i feel platinum 1000 the best for my campro engine..before this, i've try shell fully syntetic, hks na racing (price at kakimotor rm280), petronas and motul...and when i know 1 new product lounch at the market..i go to wacth the test to compare with others engine oil...and now, i feel good...good better when i use platinum 1000....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

that true wut u say...care ur car..service at the time...but u think something...how bout the "kaki lenjan"...must use best engine oil...if not..sure u got some bad luck at ur engine...my satria neo...rev cut at rpm 9.5k...an i always "lenjan n tarik"...and i feel platinum 1000 the best for my campro engine..before this, i've try shell fully syntetic, hks na racing (price at kakimotor rm280), petronas and motul...and when i know 1 new product lounch at the market..i go to wacth the test to compare with others engine oil...and now, i feel good...good better when i use platinum 1000....
bro...i cant seem to find any info of this engine oil u said in the net.
so wats platinum 1000?wats the weight?is it semi or fully?is it API certified?

engine oil weight also plays a vital role for engine performance and protection.
buy the most expensive oil and wrong weight will also cause the car performance to drop and FC to rise.

anyone care to talk on the palm oil as engine oil?hehehe... :hmmmm:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Just to share..

I use Q8 Excel Fully Synthetic 5w-40 for my wife's Persona. A lot of mechanics say campro needs to use mineral la, xw-50 la.. the car now clocks more than 100k km and the engine is as good as new. (although the engine noise does increase a bit coz it is a Campro anyway). No probs whatsover. During engine idle, ppl will hard to tell it is an engine with high mileage. OCI is at 10k km, but I recommend it to change every 7.5km.

After difficulty finding the Q8 oil near my home, I tried Castrol Edge 5w-40. Engine seems quieter, but sluggish in performance.:slug: Even the wife commented this. The Edge 0w-40 might be better though..

But I'll stick with Q8 as the mileage goes higher. Q8 is very well known for taming the tappet sound. So far the persona's engine has no 'tak-tak' sound. :proud:

Who said Campro cannot use Fully-Syn? :stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo all,

for daily drive & always drive hard (no track/drift/rally) i'm really pening, serious pening to decide on getting this parts. budgetwise, should i get it from the chop shop (used Japan one) or buy new-local made / branded underlicence?

mostly, is it true used japan coilover is better than new-local made / branded underlicence? aiyaaaa peninggg...

help pls
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience