Advance Car detailing Crash Course by Malaysia Detailing Guru KC

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
KC!

i have some prospect for u. im not capable.. yet.. but i can be of assistance. check ur pm

regards,
Josh

KayDash

May 14, 2009
I see most of you use the Makita 9227c polisher, any other polish machine can recommend?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
HITACHI SP18VA - around RM600
BOSCH GPO 14E - around RM600
AEG PE 150 - around RM750
DeWalt 849 - around RM750 (also known as the tank)
Flex 3403 VRG - around RM1500
Festool SHINEX RAP 150 - around RM1800

* Price are approximate only.

SKIL polisher is quite decent for a weekender or for your own use only. But it's not as powerful (will bog down when you put pressure) as the above mentioned.

Those cheap RM1xx-ish 'china' brand are even worse, but still workable but you'd need EXTRA patience in handling them.

Regards.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i owned a SKIL polisher before bought it at CT Hardware, it cost about RM300n and comes with a 8inch waffle pad, backing plate, D-handle. ahh.. i remember that was my very 1st time step into detailing world. i not agree anyone buying it cause it really worse, it creates so much heat when you trying to hold the head (especially working on side door) but makita different, you can only feel warm when you hold the head and also makita have lower rpm than SKIL (good for polishing with slow passes) which wont create buffing trials. HEHE, correct me if im wrong. just dont want people buy the wrong stuff like me :stupid:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I agree with muyo. My first polisher is a china brand, bog down every time I put pressure and the head would get a little bit hotter than my Makita. But for that price, it can still work decently and you can get some result, even though it won't be as quick and certain as using the Makita. Well....as the saying goes....you get what you pay for.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Awesome... beautiful job man...

KC, you mentioned that is there is a clear coat, we will burn the clear coat. What this means? Does it mean that if our car got clear coat, this method is not suitable?

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Awesome... beautiful job man...

KC, you mentioned that is there is a clear coat, we will burn the clear coat. What this means? Does it mean that if our car got clear coat, this method is not suitable?
that time we was detailing a single stage paint with sifu kc and some other participants. the car we detail is a proton saga with a single stage paint. so the paint definitely will stick to our pad cause is a non-clear coat paint. unlike now, we have melanie clear, urethane clear and scratch resistance clear, those clears i mentioned above is being used by all the manufactures nowadays. but if the paint which have clear coat (example: urethane clear) is stick to your pad means you burn the clear coat alredi and actually you're polishing the base coat. if is a single stage paint is normal that the paint is stick to your pad cause single stage paint only have base coat which is a non clear coat. so single stage paint will get oxidized easily compare to clear coated paint. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: hope it helps.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
that time we was detailing a single stage paint with sifu kc and some other participants. the car we detail is a proton saga with a single stage paint. so the paint definitely will stick to our pad cause is a non-clear coat paint. unlike now, we have melanie clear, urethane clear and scratch resistance clear, those clears i mentioned above is being used by all the manufactures nowadays. but if the paint which have clear coat (example: urethane clear) is stick to your pad means you burn the clear coat alredi and actually you're polishing the base coat. if is a single stage paint is normal that the paint is stick to your pad cause single stage paint only have base coat which is a non clear coat. so single stage paint will get oxidized easily compare to clear coated paint. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: hope it helps.
yupp
thats very very true

Thanks for the tips

now what we have just learn - clear coat is only as thick as a 70g paper that thick. so must wash with care...can u imagine when it is whack with aggressive car wash - very very soon our clear will get worn out & ta da - mati lo the paint

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yupp
thats very very true

Thanks for the tips

now what we have just learn - clear coat is only as thick as a 70g paper that thick. so must wash with care...can u imagine when it is whack with aggressive car wash - very very soon our clear will get worn out & ta da - mati lo the paint
agree with you kc.. :proud: and please update your blog ASAP! cant wait to read your next post d.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why Bird Poop Etched on our paint

"Question: How long does it take for a bird dropping to etch paint?

Answer: A few minutes." Mike Phillips

"Remove Bird Dropping Etchings ASAP!
It's important that you remove a bird dropping off your car's finish as fast as you can before it can cause any damage. Bird droppings contain Uric Acid and Uric Acid is corrosive enough to eat past a coating of wax or paint sealant and then begin to etch your car's paint."...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience