Adjustable for myvi 07. Brand and quality review needed.

mhdalef

Jan 18, 2015
if u want comfort+handling but not affordable = TITAN, can costs u up to rm3k, they will customize the suspension to your liking.

otherwise go for HWL.will be less than RM800.

3k is too much for myvi. Haha. 1000k-1500k is ok for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Myvi? Handling? Pfffffffftt... :biggrin:

That car was never designed for handling. No matter how many bars you put or what adjustables you use, it'll never be good enough.

The Kayaba adjustables I've actually sat in a Myvi with this suspension and I found it to be quite decent in comfort and quite respectable for handling. But it's still not going to win GRA contests or out corner other cars.

How about you talk about what it is you really want to do with this car? Like out corner SUVs in corners? Or just be that little bit faster in corners? Or reduce squatting and nose diving when you accelerate and brake? Or just personal enjoyment? If it is the last option - then whatever you buy will suite you. Everything is better than stock in terms of handling.

GRAs have seen a lot of overturned Myvis because of overzealous turning/cornering. Ever since then, people have stopped using the Myvi for GRAs unless they are just there for the fun of it.

I've only ever seen one serious Myvi on Sepang with a Toda 4AGE engine in it with full race chassis and all.

Anyway, I'm digressing - my suggestion to you is buy whatever you think is good that suites your budget. Because ultimately it's going to make you happy since it'll be better than stock but be prepared to lose comfort.

Or are you looking to stock up on all the Ultra Racing bars? If so, you can most definitely try. That might suite your requirements too.

Anyway, happy shopping.

Haha. I'm not going to use my myvi for racing. Just want it lowerd and a better handling plus my budget is around 1000k-1500k. Just want to know what is the better choice. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
if ur worried about getting the wrong coilovers, why dont u join those myvi club.
make friends during TT, get advice and probably get a chance to jump into their ride for test drive.

it will help u to decide rather then expecting reply here. cos words does not justify the real feel.
just my two cents.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if ur worried about getting the wrong coilovers, why dont u join those myvi club.
make friends during TT, get advice and probably get a chance to jump into their ride for test drive.

it will help u to decide rather then expecting reply here. cos words does not justify the real feel.
just my two cents.
Good idea, can test all the different brands and setup :driver:......hhahahhahahah:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I like cvkit's Myvi setup. He's using the hi/lo adjustable fro Kayaba. The blue/red ones.

Quite acceptable comfort and very little body roll when hard cornering - I've followed him before.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I like cvkit's Myvi setup. He's using the hi/lo adjustable fro Kayaba. The blue/red ones.

Quite acceptable comfort and very little body roll when hard cornering - I've followed him before.
followed from behind chasing car or sitting inside???

might tell a different feel.... :biggrin: from outside sure looks stable...but inside who knows the butt's feeling (or shaky boob feeling) :rofl:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

just my two cents.
This is the best step, i have mentioned many times in numerous other thread.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
CVKit's Myvi is the only Myvi that I know of that can corner like hell :rofl:
It's the driver.. not the car.

Its called the DBBSS. Dynamic Balls Balancing Steering System. Basically there's a pair of balls of steel in the driver's seat, and when you corner to your right the balls will dynamically move to the left to counter the weight shift and balance the car. Maintaining grip. All at the same time the driver will apply full throttle without fear out of the corner, the acceleration will also shift weight towards the rear of the car so the balls will also counter that.

Legendary drivers have DBBSS installed. Basically if I gave you a Porsche and gave cvkit a Proton Satria, he will still whoop your ass.

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5EkG6aQF4

For RM1500, there's nothing worth your money, except Kayabas, everything else is rubbish.

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Any idea where i can get KYB RS Pro shipped to Kota kinabalu?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

I also looking KYB RS PRO for my Myvi 1.5 i thought since original absorber is Kyb so I thought gv it a try for the Rs Pro one. But is quite hard to find at Johor Bahru:bawling::bawling:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
lol why I was put on the table? My car is like any other normal myvi saja laaaa..minus the LEDs of course.

If some myvi-ans are interested on getting KYB RS PRO, contact kakimotor. They are one of the main distributor so they can give very competitive price. I believe they will not have any problem delivering it to you guys.

To clear the air, I do not have DBBSS installed on me. I only have a pair of DBS (dangling bank of sperm). In my very humble and vegetable opinion, modding a street car is not always about how fast it can go around a corner or how many horsepower it has, but rather how fun it can get. To me, getting the road feel and some thrill are way more fun than able to tackle a corner fast and steady but dull. Enjoying the engine and exhaust roar even though it is slow is more fun than going fast in a silent car.

In a nutshell, a street car shall be fun. A track car shall be fast. I never worry if I can get the best mod in this world or not because if i cant fully utilize it, whats the use? At the end of the day, I want the car to bring out the smile on my face, not the smug. Happy modding guys!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well said. Street car for everyday use especially. I actually prefer my earlier suspension which have gone soft that is why I changed them and the D2 now were offered to me from a friend. However I feel these D2 are too hard for daily drive especially single occupant, however it feels great when fully loaded.....lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Well said. Street car for everyday use especially. I actually prefer my earlier suspension which have gone soft that is why I changed them and the D2 now were offered to me from a friend. However I feel these D2 are too hard for daily drive especially single occupant, however it feels great when fully loaded.....lol
same like mine :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience