Achilles ATR Sport

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Any noise feedback on the ATR Sports 2?
Still quite new too. Now much users yet I guess but specs seems to say it has the quiet technology.

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
using ATR Sport about 1years for daily driving + spirited but speed obey driving style:biggrin: and the thread still 95% some like that. last time using Maxxis MA-Z1 1year must change tyre. wet review, quite nice but when stop-n-go gear shifting the tyre feel like abit slippery. dry review, just nice ah bcoz drive daily go and back home from office. heavy jammed how to fast2 hehe.

about noisy, notice abit noisy and still acceptable for me.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
using ATR Sport about 1years for daily driving + spirited but speed obey driving style:biggrin: and the thread still 95% some like that. last time using Maxxis MA-Z1 1year must change tyre. wet review, quite nice but when stop-n-go gear shifting the tyre feel like abit slippery. dry review, just nice ah bcoz drive daily go and back home from office. heavy jammed how to fast2 hehe.

Drive for a year and + spirited drive still can have 95% thread? :stoned: Can share photo of your tyres bro? If 80% might still be possible unless really drive real slow la hahaha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, it is the mileage not the time. If car hardly used, tyres won't wear......
Ya but he said is daily driven and sometimes some spirited driving in a year. So a bit surprised that can still have 95% threadwear left

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Try looking at ur side wall thread there. 'makan tepi'.
Mine is wearing down to 20%. Middle very deep, left 70%.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
For those who are wondering about this tire, I've been using the ATR Sport for roughly 1 year and 2 months. Had them fitted to the front.

195/55/15 with around 40,000 - 50,000 km done, thread roughly around 75 - 85% (maybe more maybe less). If your wondering why that much kilometer in 1 year plus, well I travel from Tg Malim - KL (now PJ) on a daily basis for work. Less city / pekan road, more on the highway.

So far still doing ok for me even on speeds above 130km/h (170 km/h can still tahan and still got grip, but of course depending on the road condition and surface). Noise level bising a bit la compared when it was new, but then again I pasang my music also bising so no issues hahaha.

Since minyak sudah naik, I tend to drive around 110 - 140 km/h (at times, more than that hahaha). In wet / rainy conditions, I find that I can still drive slightly above the norm / on the speed limit. But as a rule of thumb, I tend to release my foot on the accelerator when there is a puddle of water. Even the car tends to steer a bit, it is still manageable. As I fitted a different set of tires on the rear (falken ziex ze 912...i think), it might be the cause of that slight steer or maybe because of the thread percentage available.

As for my view, I might be using this set again. (If change its because that I wanted to try other tires or hard to get it in Tg Malim).

P.S.: Sorry for the not so technical and probably lousy review hahah. Also, please drive cautiously and safely. Using the highway on the daily basis, you tend to know where are the 'hot' areas that you need to be alert and corners where you can go way above the speed limit, as long as you know your vehicle well (and have balls of steel :biggrin:)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Haha BuroQ.
Compare to my city driving, not so bad. Touge is still good.
Just just now oversped into Petronas and dumbass cement floor no grip at all.
Screeching into between kiosks. Everyone look at me. HAHAHA

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For those who are wondering about this tire, I've been using the ATR Sport for roughly 1 year and 2 months. Had them fitted to the front.

195/55/15 with around 40,000 - 50,000 km done, thread roughly around 75 - 85% (maybe more maybe less). If your wondering why that much kilometer in 1 year plus, well I travel from Tg Malim - KL (now PJ) on a daily basis for work. Less city / pekan road, more on the highway.

So far still doing ok for me even on speeds above 130km/h (170 km/h can still tahan and still got grip, but of course depending on the road condition and surface). Noise level bising a bit la compared when it was new, but then again I pasang my music also bising so no issues hahaha.

Since minyak sudah naik, I tend to drive around 110 - 140 km/h (at times, more than that hahaha). In wet / rainy conditions, I find that I can still drive slightly above the norm / on the speed limit. But as a rule of thumb, I tend to release my foot on the accelerator when there is a puddle of water. Even the car tends to steer a bit, it is still manageable. As I fitted a different set of tires on the rear (falken ziex ze 912...i think), it might be the cause of that slight steer or maybe because of the thread percentage available.

As for my view, I might be using this set again. (If change its because that I wanted to try other tires or hard to get it in Tg Malim).

P.S.: Sorry for the not so technical and probably lousy review hahah. Also, please drive cautiously and safely. Using the highway on the daily basis, you tend to know where are the 'hot' areas that you need to be alert and corners where you can go way above the speed limit, as long as you know your vehicle well (and have balls of steel :biggrin:)
Wow, done 40 to 50k km and in front some more and got 75 to 85% thread balance, means easily can get 100 over thousand km on those tyres....:driver:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Haha BuroQ.
Compare to my city driving, not so bad. Touge is still good.
Just just now oversped into Petronas and dumbass cement floor no grip at all.
Screeching into between kiosks. Everyone look at me. HAHAHA
Confirm everybody must be like....GST syndrom :rofl:

Wow, done 40 to 50k km and in front some more and got 75 to 85% thread balance, means easily can get 100 over thousand km on those tyres....:driver:
It's possible. If I recall the thread rating is around 400+.Considering that I don't burn rubber that much, well only once itupun because a stupid kancil P Plater driver main masuk je tukar lane after exiting a junction. Dah lah tak bagi signal, did not even look the car behind her. Thank god, my damn tires and my twinpot brakes :biggrin:. If not confirm already sodok the kancil.

I'd say that if your the budget conscious type of person especially when it comes to tires, this tire is for you. I haven't tried other budget tires, but I would have to assume that it is probably better. Totally value for money.

But like all products in this world, its just a hit / miss issue. You might be lucky like me (hopefully it stays that way until my next tire change), or unfortunately face issues like tires bulging and etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm a 18 years old student, driving wira aeroback 1.3 ori engine (i think its ori, somtimes) with 1.5 interior 1.6 body (wtf?, its is true, no lies and i hate that alot) original grey.... I'm getting my car into whole metalic / pearl white with blue base, but i want to do some air brush on my bornet with mashimaro picture :biggrin: and some tribal on the side...any senior out there have good advise for me? :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience