absorber longgar?

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
dear sifu's and citizens of zth.

about a month ago,i started hearing a funny noise coming from what i suspect is my left front absorber.it makes a "glock glock glock" sound when the car moves on uneven roads,and also when i go over speed bumps.it's almost as if the absorber is "longgar",as if it would just drop off if i jack the car up.a friend of mine has a neo,and he claims to have the same problem,and was told that the problem was his mounting.which mounting,he didn't exactly specify.has anyone encountered a similar problem with your neo's?anyone know what could be the problem,and should it be something for me to be worried about?

:smokin:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
tight it back..

kopek the rubber on the top of abs mounting.. then tight it back. simple

if longgar..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Is it the mounting? Could it be possible it's a worn bushing? I think I'm having the same problem...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how old was your car?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Pretty old, around 16 years already, no idea if previous owners change the bushings or not.

Btw, I can reproduce the sound just by pressing the back of the car with my hands..haishh..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
so definately need to jack whole car and check all rubber/bushing/mounting related to suspension....

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
sound like absorber mounting/ sway bar link noise to me. You can remove the sway bar link and give it a go first. If the noise persist, it might be the absorber mounting. Normal absorber mounting these days only last about 3 years even for new car.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
You need to inspect the absorber top mounting for any signs of wear. If there aren't any, try removing the absorber and test if the shaft can slide easily. If yes, they are worn. If they are still hard, then its ok. In which case try looking for any worn out lower arms.

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
mine also making some klock glock sound on uneven road for the front.. have checked alrdy, saw the top absorber mounting having some slight cracking signs (but is not those full crack, more like tears on the surface..).. gonna change it this sat and see what is the outcome whether it solve it or not.. :(

Casey Tan

Jun 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
mine have almost the same problem, the sound came from left rear. When i passed by uneven road or some small hole road, there will b a kong sound, the deeper the hole, the bigger the sound, i had checked the suspension had some oil leaked but my mechanic said it will not cause the sound, until now i still can't figure out whats the problem. Any sifu here experience the same problem or u might know where the problem is. Thanks.

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
mine also making some klock glock sound on uneven road for the front.. have checked alrdy, saw the top absorber mounting having some slight cracking signs (but is not those full crack, more like tears on the surface..).. gonna change it this sat and see what is the outcome whether it solve it or not.. :(
I have already done the followings: front ARB bushing changed, end links changed, rear arb changed to ultra racing, checked all the mounting bolts, exhaust rubber mountings all changed, checked engine bay for any loose parts (nothing found), changed the front 2 mountings to mitsubishi's.

Still got some krok krok.. can't find where is the sound. Should I change the rear mountings too? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Where to get Meguiars Poly Sealant (#20)

Guys,
does anyone know where i can get my hands on this?

Tried ace hardware(ikano) and home fix(one U), cant seem
to find it.

Thanks guys in advance..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience