About the adjustable .

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
how if load with full passenger ? the rim will hit fender or not ? :questionmark::questionmark:
If he drives similar model of Myvi then you can take the references. Point is every car has different fender design, so seeking ideal offset for ur car matters most now. If the offset is negative it's going to rub eventually unless you decide stiff up your myvi like riding a cattle.

awan88

Known Member
Feb 27, 2010
Klang Bukit Raj
wah.. this style is low budget style? KW must be nuts to use "budget style" on their competition range. hehe.

i wonder how a separate springs style looks like?
not the one kw adjustable u show here is low budget style, i mean the one i referring using 2spring differents size in spring point is budget style, sorry for the misunderstanding i made.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
That also depends on your rims offset. If using original rims and tyres sure will never scrub the fender....:biggrin:
I am using 15 inch rim with Michelin PS3 195/50/15 tyre...:biggrin:
yup... really depends on your offset rim as well...

Jun 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All Guru, I'm driving a Grand Livina. I have drove my car for 3 years and it is just right after my manufacturer warranty. 1 thing i don't like about this car is the original handling, it floats and alot of rolling during moderate cornering. Therefore i have initiated a modification plan for my car to improve the handling. After some research, 1st i have installed an anti roll bar together with the strutbar, it improve a little bit and i'm quite glad about it. Then i proceed on the next stage where i have done an installation on the suspension to install an adjustable. What i have done here is, i have chosen zerone ssr300 however the wheel is still in stock mode (15inch but i'm planning to put a 17inch in the future). After the installation, the height in between the fender and the wheel is about 3 finger away, i had test drove my car in a couple of highways and i felt my car is stiffer however it is more adaptable to the ground and more handling furthermore the cornering is good with less body rolling. But what i don't like is the feeling of jumpy whenever i drive thru most of the uneven road in a moderate speed. To add on, i'm still diving my family along certain time and they claim that it is jumpy and not comfortable at all. To be frank, sometime when i'm driving alone on certain uneven road i do feel jumpy and it causes me to feel my car less adaptable. Can you pls advise me on whether i have done a wrong setting and how can i fine tune it again to make it less jumpy while driving uneven road? Thank you so much.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
HWL and Zerone adjustable with one is batter?
:idea:
HWL

Dear All Guru, I'm driving a Grand Livina. I have drove my car for 3 years and it is just right after my manufacturer warranty. 1 thing i don't like about this car is the original handling, it floats and alot of rolling during moderate cornering. Therefore i have initiated a modification plan for my car to improve the handling. After some research, 1st i have installed an anti roll bar together with the strutbar, it improve a little bit and i'm quite glad about it. Then i proceed on the next stage where i have done an installation on the suspension to install an adjustable. What i have done here is, i have chosen zerone ssr300 however the wheel is still in stock mode (15inch but i'm planning to put a 17inch in the future). After the installation, the height in between the fender and the wheel is about 3 finger away, i had test drove my car in a couple of highways and i felt my car is stiffer however it is more adaptable to the ground and more handling furthermore the cornering is good with less body rolling. But what i don't like is the feeling of jumpy whenever i drive thru most of the uneven road in a moderate speed. To add on, i'm still diving my family along certain time and they claim that it is jumpy and not comfortable at all. To be frank, sometime when i'm driving alone on certain uneven road i do feel jumpy and it causes me to feel my car less adaptable. Can you pls advise me on whether i have done a wrong setting and how can i fine tune it again to make it less jumpy while driving uneven road? Thank you so much.
The problem here is you went for zerone ssr300. That's a Hi/Lo. Meaning you're at the mercy of dampers and spring weight. What you need is a hi/lo/soft/hard. At least with that you can adjust soft or hard settings and make sure you get the one with the bodyshift feature so you don't compress the springs when adjusting height.

I wouldn't modify a family car. Why? Cuz family will be your biggest critics!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
HWL

The problem here is you went for zerone ssr300. That's a Hi/Lo. Meaning you're at the mercy of dampers and spring weight. What you need is a hi/lo/soft/hard. At least with that you can adjust soft or hard settings and make sure you get the one with the bodyshift feature so you don't compress the springs when adjusting height.

I wouldn't modify a family car. Why? Cuz family will be your biggest critics!
So far I get praises from family instead wor :rofl: No complains and etcs. Just need to mod according to their needs or something we think they need then is fine most of the time.

Unlike our own car, we mod to our own liking. So putting an adjustables in a family car with stiffer settings is gonna just end up wasting money by setting back to a softer set up since is a family car. :rofl: Wife & parents going to complain.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
1. You want better handling, you better ready to sacrifice comfort.
2. If you planning to go bigger wheels with lower tyre profile, you will again ready to welcome more discomfort.
2. A proper height setup does not measure gap of fender > tyre by fingers. It has to take consideration of all wheel size, tyre profile, damping rate, spring rate, car weight and fine tune. Lastly measures from fender to ground. Which i don't think any typical shops would do because they simply want to sell coilover. Those who does it are people of their own brand like FTuned Racing / Titan suspension.

Like Izso mentioned, you are in a fixed situation. No option for going further soft/hard. Also did they recommend you suitable spring rates for Grand Livina? I wouldn't know this but as a they seller must.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far I get praises from family instead wor :rofl: No complains and etcs. Just need to mod according to their needs or something we think they need then is fine most of the time.

Unlike our own car, we mod to our own liking. So putting an adjustables in a family car with stiffer settings is gonna just end up wasting money by setting back to a softer set up since is a family car. :rofl: Wife & parents going to complain.
You got mod adjustable suspension meh?:smokin::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You got mod adjustable suspension meh?:smokin::biggrin:
Don't have, did plan to once before but end up with Sports Suspension only. Well, lucky didnt. Parents complain it was stiffer than before. After that they got use to it since is acceptable stiff rate.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't have, did plan to once before but end up with Sports Suspension only. Well, lucky didnt. Parents complain it was stiffer than before. After that they got use to it since is acceptable stiff rate.
That is what I mean. If fit adjustable I am sure they will complain......hahahahahaha:rofl: