AAM competition License

glee

Known Member
The steps are simple :

#1. Get a medical check up at an AAM affiliated clinic. It's a very basic check up. You can get your results on the same day. (refer to doctors list on attached PDF)

#2. With the medical results, go to an AAM affiliated motorsports club and become a member. It be done on the same day as your medical check up. Call up the club of your choice, and enquire about the necessary items, ie. photos..etc. before you go there.
(refer to club list on attached PDF)

#3. With #1 & #2, go to the AAM Motorsports Office in Megan Phileo Promenade at Jalan Ampang(behind Ampang Park) to put in your application.

Documents required for application of AAM Competition License:

1. Copies of current RIMV driving license @ renewal RIMV driving license (if any).

2. Copy of identity card/passport

3. Copy of AAM affiliated membership

4. Passport sized photographs - 3 copies

5. For applicants under 18 years of age, an AAM form "A" is required.

6. Applicant renewing his/her AAM competition license will have to surrender his/her expired AAM competition license.

Click here to get access to a file containing AAM Affiliated Doctors and Clubs.

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by alien@Sep 20 2004, 16:02
the AAM 'A' form oso get from d AAM motorsport office izzit? :huh:
after you have gotten your club membership, go directly to the AAM doctor. They will have the forms there for you to fill up.

I dont have the exact cost with me now, but for 'novice' license, it should be in the region of RM200-250 for 1 year. it expires Dec 31.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Supplementary to glee's thread.... one can either go to the AAM affiliated club first or the AAM doctor first. Either one first also ok.

The AAM Novice license for 2004 is RM125, up till Dec 31. Medical check up is RM70. AAM affiliated club membership ranges between RM60-80 depending on the club. The forms can be obtained at the clinic where u do the medical check up. THe medical check up is a very normal check up to test if you're on drugs, color blind, and high blood pressure. As per glee's advise, all of the above can be done in 1 day, and it really can be done in 1 day. Just start your day early and be at the clinic by 9am, and u can get things done.

PS : ease off on the weed and the booze the day before u go to do the check up :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Yeah, 1 day is for all the paperwork incl medical check up. Don't forget to have your passport sized photos ready. So, if you do all the paperwork on a Monday, can prolly get and collect the license on a Friday the same week. Normally the license cost is RM250 per year, but somehow this year they reduced it to RM125. The AAM forms can be obtained at the AAM affiliated clinics when u do the medical check up.

Julian@Champ, it's time to get one.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
I think Malaysian Motorsports Club in SS2, Cheow Yang requires more than 1 photo. Best to take 6, summore can show your hensem face if got extra.

Plus, if you know of your blood group, or you're a frequent blood donor with the official card verifying it, then u don have to let them draw blood. Less pain that way.

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by KillerB@Sep 21 2004, 20:57
I think Malaysian Motorsports Club in SS2, Cheow Yang requires more than 1 photo. Best to take 6, summore can show your hensem face if got extra.

Plus, if you know of your blood group, or you're a frequent blood donor with the official card verifying it, then u don have to let them draw blood. Less pain that way.
a little bit pain..nvm la..compare to the thrill of all the things u can do after gettin the license..
sumore lik u said...can show hensem face?..with the license can take the show off to another level ma.. :P

piece

Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by alien+Sep 22 2004, 00:18 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alien @ Sep 22 2004, 00:18 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KillerB@Sep 21 2004, 20:57

a little bit pain..nvm la..compare to the thrill of all the things u can do after gettin the license..
sumore lik u said...can show hensem face?..with the license can take the show off to another level ma.. :P [/b][/quote]
Alien, we need badly more people like you Go get the paper work done and very soon you can start showing off your licencse. You will be soon at another level. Next year there will so many events ready and waiting for you to take part in. I look forward to welcoming you to more AMF events.

piece

Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by julianpang@Sep 21 2004, 19:31
How many passport size photos do I have to bring?
Champion, you better get your license quickly. Anyway the tickets you wanted for the drag clash are now available online @ www.asianmotorsportsfestival.com . Book quickly really limited tickets available as we intend to keep paddock less populated.I will be seeing you tomight at the TT? Also I have got your name down for the Ocotober end Autocross round 2, go for the double crown ! Wow imagine, Autokhana and autocross champion. Julian go for it!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, im using a tial 38mm 0.7bar rate.
im using a profec b spec-11 to control it

at 1bar i get wastegate opened sound like
prap.prap.prap.prap.

but at 1.5bar i get a silence between the gaps like
prap.....prap....prap.....
and the sound isnt as loud and strong.

anyone experience before ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience