A33 head gasket leaking

lks3011

Jun 2, 2006
Puchong
Hi all,
Recently found my A33 engine oil leaking from head gasket,
When I sent to work shop to check, mechanic ask me try to
change the oil grade from 10w40 to 15w40 to see first, inspect after 1000km
still leaking but not much compare before.

Do I need to change it or leave it?
Since mechanic told me our V6 quite difficult and may take time to change. :confused:

How much the repair cost?

Mileage = 170k

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
just had my A32 engine changed, with all seals changed, cost me about RM 3k+ (not including other non-engine stuff i replace at the same time). my engine was leaking and "drinking" engine oil to the point where i need to refill 1 litre every 2 to 3 weeks depending on my usage.

my advise, leave it until it's unbearable, keep on "downgrading" the engine oil, i think you can still get a decent 50k km to 100k km out of it before a more serious leak appears. i was on 20w50 oil for at least a year before i changed the engine, now back to 10w40.

your mechanic is right, it's not easy to fix, and it's actually much more cost effective to replace with chop shop engine.

lks3011

Jun 2, 2006
Puchong
Hi bro,
Thanks for your info...
I will leave it at the same time filled up the stop oil leak product to monitor.

What is your mileages when you need to change the engine?

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
tlks3011, if not much leakage, those stop oil might work too haha, but it doesn't for mine...

forgot when the owner changed it to 2.5lit. (need to check back my file). currently it's at 240k km, it's at least 100k as far as i recall... originally mine's a 2.0lit.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Time to change oil seal from top to bottom. This VQ will start leaking after 100+kkm. Change the valve cover nut too.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
If it's not burning oil just change all oil seals as suggested by Wei Kee . The whole engine have to be lifted out tho to have a more thorough job done . Some of the seals are next to impossible to replace w engine in the bay. Replacement of seals for vq are not cheap tho as some of the seals are in pairs ( v6 remember?)

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Oh if you intend to ignore the leak problem , just make sure the oil does not drip onto the bushes, ie:- lower arm, antiroll bar bush, other rubber bush as oiled bushes would b damage at a faster rate. The bushes r not expensive but alot of time would b wasted replacing this parts.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
agree with sb3, mine was leaking so badly, that i ignored it and opt for engine replacement as the cause is cheaper in the long run

Dec 10, 2011
Stafford
Hi,
Is anybody know where i can get Headgasket kit and Timing chain kit for A33 ( Engine code - VQ20DE).
please let me know any contact numbers or website?

Thanks guys

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
why not you try tan chong and jln ipoh spare parts centre? google is your best friend :)

lks3011

Jun 2, 2006
Puchong
Hi all,
Recently found my A33 engine oil leaking from head gasket,
When I sent to work shop to check, mechanic ask me try to
change the oil grade from 10w40 to 15w40 to see first, inspect after 1000km
still leaking but not much compare before.

Do I need to change it or leave it?
Since mechanic told me our V6 quite difficult and may take time to change. :confused:

How much the repair cost?

Mileage = 170k

Cannot tahan already, oil leaking very badly.....
Finally i sent back to work shop for repair, after checking with my mechanic, he confirmed the leak is from valve cover gasket (Rear).
He take few hours to finish the repair, change the gasket (front and rear) and plug rubber gaskets.
Now my cefiro is back to normal......thanks

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
lucky it's just the gasket, and not burning engine oil like my case.....
do check your bushes as well as the leaking oil tends to reach those places...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using a wira 1.5 carburator engine........can i switch my standard engine to turbo engine?.......plz any sifu tell me! izzit possible?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience