A33 Front Parking Sensor

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Went to brother's to get another front parking sensor as the original didn't work properly as it only worked 1 foot away and the display didn't work.

The new one uses 4 sensors vs OE 2 sensors. So needed to make 2 extra holes. I used a 20mm hole saw so you get a nice perfect cut. The 2 extra holes will have to be deep enough so that you drill part of the styrofoam behind the bumper and you would have to make a vertical slot so the wire can clear the styrofoam.

I only wired and routed 2 wires for the sensors as I used the OE wire for the other 2 sensors.

Front bumper has to come off to do the work. I put the parking sensor control box back in the original place as that was where the OE wiring was for 12V power and OE 2x sensor wires.

The unit senses right & left and distance from 1.5M-0.3M(1foot). The pic shows left side 0.5M away from the pillar which is in front of the car.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes quite accurate. But not much diff between 0.3m and 0m. 0 meters is about 0.5 to 1 foot away. I guess done on purpose for safety.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

happen early this morning...at tmn sri andalaz klang..
inside my frenz house..car using good alarm like hp 1..donno the name la..
things dat got stolen..; e1 ecu,emanage,profec2,cable plug,blowoff,smarttag..
they even took his shoes also..damn la...
becarefull to others livin nearby ....few cases if im not mistaken....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience