A33 Engine Upgrade

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Bro I don't think any of the A33s are using SR series. Not a very popular engine as compared to the SR20DET.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
anybody know what's the market price of VQ30DE and VQ25DE including gearbox?
Engine kosong around RM1000-00 & gearbox RM1200-00.

Half cut - 3K ++
DD/DI - 6k +++

The above prices varies from shop to shop depending on who you 'know' . Sometimes , come to think of it, its only scrap metal brought from Japan (Its their garbage!) if we don't need it. Why are they(Kedai potong) selling in thousands of ringgit? Now I know why the tauke drives a big expensive car.:banghead:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
not true anymore, now the competition are stiff, the US, AU, and Thai all go direct to Japan and buy, now the sell it by car, than you go cut it yourself. Or buy from the ready cut with higher price. I got 2 friend running two difference chopshop.

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
not true anymore, now the competition are stiff, the US, AU, and Thai all go direct to Japan and buy, now the sell it by car, than you go cut it yourself. Or buy from the ready cut with higher price. I got 2 friend running two difference chopshop.
correct me if im wrong..if i import the whole ready-to-be-cut car into malaysia, custom will impose a tax right? do your friends have vq30de engine? mind helpin me to ask the price or pm me their contact number? appreciate it.. :)

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Engine kosong around RM1000-00 & gearbox RM1200-00.

Half cut - 3K ++
DD/DI - 6k +++

The above prices varies from shop to shop depending on who you 'know' . Sometimes , come to think of it, its only scrap metal brought from Japan (Its their garbage!) if we don't need it. Why are they(Kedai potong) selling in thousands of ringgit? Now I know why the tauke drives a big expensive car.:banghead:
Pretty good price tag there, cheaper than what i expected...how much would it cost for standard transplants?

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
I have not been posting at CCM for sometime but the disagree of WeiKee point of view on putting highly on 3.0l engine (i.e. VQ30DE here) has triggered me to write.

VQ25DD no way match VQ30DE is partially correct...is a difference of slight:
VQ25DD 270 N·m to VQ30DE 294 N·m (difference of 27n-M, 15PS@same rpm)

If is VQ30DD then is sweet 324 N·m (difference of 54n-M, 45PS)

WeiKee also like to use like 'Once you are on 3.0l you shall not want anything else' something like that. I sometime wonder how powerful is it really a VQ30DE...have you tested the 0-100km/h is how many seconds?

I felt is kind of not worth the pay of roadtax...why some engine are tuned, supercharged and etc to escape the paying of tax for no apparent reason. I mean does it mean bigger engine cc car require more space on the road? Why most demanded Accords and Camrys are still below 2.5l range...because not wanting to pay RM2000+ for roadtax. So to speak also for E series 230k 240,280 V6...etc. I even believe 350Z is a waste if is for power...better opt for a RB26DETT or even a RB25DET. The 3.5l is RM4.3k for roadtax...is crazy...crazy in the sense for paying someone who don't know the money is used for what purpose. Ehhh..however if is a VR38DETT then is worth the pay for a 3.8l roadtax...hehe.

I strongly believe if upgrade for a VQ20DE, from most pref to least pref:
1) VQ25DD (smart for power upgrade and lower roadtax)
2) VQ30DD (smart for power and also ok la for roadtax) but is rare to find one
3) VQ30DET/DETT (smart...yummy...and go for it) but rare and complicated I guess
4) VQ30DE (smart for power but not so smart for roadtax)

Just my thoughts...

Ref: Nissan VQ engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
VQ25DD
210 PS (207 hp/154 kW) to 215 PS (212 hp/158 kW) @6400 rpm and 195 to 199 ft·lbf (264 to 270 N·m) @4400 rpm
VQ30DE
193 PS (190 hp/142 kW) to 230 PS (227 hp/169 kW) @6400 rpm and 205 to 217 ft·lbf (278 to 294 N·m) @4400 rpm.
VQ30DD
230 PS (227 hp/169 kW) to 260 PS (256 hp/191 kW) @6400 rpm and 217 to 239 ft·lbf (294 to 324 N·m) @3600 rpm.

1st of all, VQ30DE is really a great engine, I have 1 on 20" rims, and still can burn a bit. IF im not mistaken, while Im on 18", stock engine, around 8sec (for a car that weights about 1.5t, not bad), but incredibly high top speed (around 240km/h !!) and sweet torque (about 2000rpm for 100km/h FOR A 97 ENGINE).

What WeiKee said is true, Dont just think about horsepower, the torque is another important factor to be refered. High horsepower doesnt mean anything with a good torque!!

Also, due to the reliability of the engine (as most of the Ceffys out there is tend to be daily use cars), force induction is not a good choice as u might have more problems encountered later, just like the Volvos. Also, as the Ceffy is designed to be executive sedan, so normal aspirated V6 engine will gives you a smooth drive (more on comfortness) rather then sudden boost over the car.

You are right, our roadtax does kill us (one of the highest roadtax country, so does the car price!!) !! In other countries (which of course, roadtax cheaper), Camry and Accord (older version) DID have 3.0L v6, moreover the latest version is somemore equipped with 3.5L V6!!
for Merc E class, even the 1986 model of W124 has a range from 200E to 500E. BMWs also has 520i to 545i in those old days. The latest, E500 even the AMG E63, 550i and even M5!!

The reason that our country has lower spec in our car dealer's showroom (2.4L for Camry and Accord) is because there is not much market potential for 3.0L V6 (i.e. due to our high import tax, the car tends to be more expensive, imagine an Accord 3.0L for over RM200k!! u might get a C-class!!) But you can ask Honda Malaysia or UMW to import 3.0l V6 for you which is directly CBU from Japan.

just my 5 cents add 1 cent, thanks.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
People got to drive the 3L and drive the 2.5 and 2L than they can feel.

I drove the 3.5L Skyline, dam it make my 3L fatty so slow.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Custom don't allow you to import full car, maybe you got to pay like 5 figures to get it in.

VQ30DE is not easy to source, i got mine after 6 months of sourcing, and need my chop shop friend to find. If you want fast, you need to go chop shop hopping, and ask for 1/2 cut 3L. Don't get the 3L local unit unless you know the engine condition.

The 1/2 cut i brought 3 years ago only clock 70kkm, my friend did not cut any of the wires, and i use all the wires from the 1/2 cut. It come with auto lighting, auto soft hard suspension.

You need to spend time to source. If you really interested, got to pay them some deposit to start them hunting.

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Custom don't allow you to import full car, maybe you got to pay like 5 figures to get it in.

VQ30DE is not easy to source, i got mine after 6 months of sourcing, and need my chop shop friend to find. If you want fast, you need to go chop shop hopping, and ask for 1/2 cut 3L. Don't get the 3L local unit unless you know the engine condition.

The 1/2 cut i brought 3 years ago only clock 70kkm, my friend did not cut any of the wires, and i use all the wires from the 1/2 cut. It come with auto lighting, auto soft hard suspension.

You need to spend time to source. If you really interested, got to pay them some deposit to start them hunting.

yeap, u r right.... if there has a comparison then they will know...... luckily my ceffy is a weekend car now..... i can burn my 20" with stock engine...... n my turbocharge project is in progress, HOPEFULLY will be more powerful than before.... but the problem is im more into VIP now, thats y i have a set of full VIP bodykit, 20" SSR Vienna II with Air Runner full air suspension..... Guess i cant go fast with it.... hhhmmmmmmmmm~~~~~~~~~

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
correct me if im wrong..if i import the whole ready-to-be-cut car into malaysia, custom will impose a tax right? do your friends have vq30de engine? mind helpin me to ask the price or pm me their contact number? appreciate it.. :)

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Pretty good price tag there, cheaper than what i expected...how much would it cost for standard transplants?
1- 2K (Plus wiring) anything more would mean kena potong leher kau-kau.
What Weikee says are quite true, but then again you can still get salvage parts at some chop shops. Not everyone can afford a whole car unit . The custom will tax the whole unit as imported car rather than scrap metal, thus you have to at least cut it to half to enter the malaysian shores to enjoy lower scrap metal tax. However, i think there will be always some exception to the rules depending on how much $$$ you can spend to get whole car in as scrap metal if you know what i mean.

Cheers.

SB3.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Funny , during my chop shop hunting , I've noticed there are at least 3 - 5 units of 3litre VQ halfcuts to 1 -2 units of 2.0L to 2.5L of VQs. Yup , its advisable to swap the whole half cut engine and other items complete rather than just the engine kosong. You will face other problems later.

I've used my transplanted engine four years now, no major problem so far.(knock on the wood.)

**PLs note that JDM wiring harness and ECU are different from our local units. Even the pins can be fitted , it wont run properly *** .

SB3.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

1st of all, VQ30DE is really a great engine, I have 1 on 20" rims, and still can burn a bit. IF im not mistaken, while Im on 18", stock engine, around 8sec (for a car that weights about 1.5t, not bad), but incredibly high top speed (around 240km/h !!) and sweet torque (about 2000rpm for 100km/h FOR A 97 ENGINE).

What WeiKee said is true, Dont just think about horsepower, the torque is another important factor to be refered. High horsepower doesnt mean anything with a good torque!!

Also, due to the reliability of the engine (as most of the Ceffys out there is tend to be daily use cars), force induction is not a good choice as u might have more problems encountered later, just like the Volvos. Also, as the Ceffy is designed to be executive sedan, so normal aspirated V6 engine will gives you a smooth drive (more on comfortness) rather then sudden boost over the car.

You are right, our roadtax does kill us (one of the highest roadtax country, so does the car price!!) !! In other countries (which of course, roadtax cheaper), Camry and Accord (older version) DID have 3.0L v6, moreover the latest version is somemore equipped with 3.5L V6!!
for Merc E class, even the 1986 model of W124 has a range from 200E to 500E. BMWs also has 520i to 545i in those old days. The latest, E500 even the AMG E63, 550i and even M5!!

The reason that our country has lower spec in our car dealer's showroom (2.4L for Camry and Accord) is because there is not much market potential for 3.0L V6 (i.e. due to our high import tax, the car tends to be more expensive, imagine an Accord 3.0L for over RM200k!! u might get a C-class!!) But you can ask Honda Malaysia or UMW to import 3.0l V6 for you which is directly CBU from Japan.

just my 5 cents add 1 cent, thanks.
Wow! 8 secs 0- 100? Top speed 240? very impressive output for the fatty, bro!. Any secrets for that kinda power? Please share with us.

:wavey:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
mine is jdm engine, and full jdm body and engine harness, from comparison the critical wiring are identical, only the power windows, audio, and some minor one. which only take me few hours to sort it.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
mine is jdm engine, and full jdm body and engine harness, from comparison the critical wiring are identical, only the power windows, audio, and some minor one. which only take me few hours to sort it.
Oh, you did a full swap. So there wont be any problem then, i guess... Power windows, audios are very small matter. Any acc shop would be able to sort it out.
:biggrin:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
the ecu is the same, on all the engine harness are nearly identical. i do all the electrical. never trust the accessory shops. many run by indo.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Nope, it wont match (local and JDM ecu), prior to swapping my engine , I did tried to swap my existing ECU to a chop shop unit over some ecu problems , even the pins don't fit.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car which engine is mitsubishi 4G91
at 90km/h the RPM already 3K
which i think is quite high

is it possible to change my 5th gear to make 3K rpm at 100-110km/h???
because i travel quite alot at high way therefore can help me to save some fuel also

where got forman can do it??

roughly how much will it be??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience