A32 engine auto shut down

cheong

Oct 31, 2009
kuantan
Hi every1,i got a cefiro a32 3.0 97' when start is ok,but after driving for 4-5km like that it become something wrong.when maintaning at 40km/h the car RPM(drop till 500+-) and the power will suddenly drop for 2-4seconds,like almost 'sei fo' like that,and at that 2-4seconds i try to push the throttle,no respon at all,after that situation,it back to normal.then when i stop the car,it start to shut down itself,and after i start it back,it shut.i bring it to tan chong,they help me clean the throttle body,the same thing happen,my fren suggest me to modify like the pic below,also cant.what can i do somemore leh?please help please help.thanks in advance.

Attachments

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
I used to have similar problem, due to a leakage at the air-filter box, where the vacuum hose connects to the air-box. In my case, the vacuum hose connector (PVC one) cracked, probably due to the mechanic accidentally pressed on it when servicing my air-cond. Can try check vacuum hose leakage too.

Hope this helps

cheong

Oct 31, 2009
kuantan
I used to have similar problem, due to a leakage at the air-filter box, where the vacuum hose connects to the air-box. In my case, the vacuum hose connector (PVC one) cracked, probably due to the mechanic accidentally pressed on it when servicing my air-cond. Can try check vacuum hose leakage too.

Hope this helps
Ok,i try to pass to a foreman to check it out,thanks for the info.:proud:
and isit after cleaning the throttle body need to tune the setting back??if without tuning back will it cos
this problem too?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Done using 3/8" thick plywood... bought from a hardware shop near my place in serdang... de board itself costed RM35 n RM5 for transportation... measuring 4ft x 8ft...

Took me one day to cut de board n complete de hinges n "door".. then another half a day for carpeting it... a lot of work... but very satisfying DIY... B) :tb:

Steps n procedures are here : http://khguan.fotopic.net/c806091.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience