A32 Brake Pump Status !!

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Hi all,
Wish to get you expert advice how to confirm Master Brake Pump is in good condition or not ?

Recently went to Genting for twice, when return time both time brake power reduce after heat.
1st time non-stop direct back to KL, brake pad gone.
2nd time rest at Gotong Jaya for supper, then continuousb back KL, brake pad still ok.

Maybe i not well how to downhill without use so much brake force, but a32 gear box drop to 3rd gear or even 2nd gear it didn't have engine brake function like Toyota Advanza or Gen2.
So no choice need to press the brake.

My friend drive my car when back, him suspect Master Brake Pump not in good condition as pressure/torque very less.

Frankly speaking I also disapointed to A32 brake performance since i own the car.
Thinking change to Chop shop 4-pot, but worry the replacement part/performance wise after invest.

Now i think this is last point need to improve so far.

So anyone have any suggestion/advice ?
FYI I using original A32 Twin-pot ( 3.0 spec ).

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
If you go downhill rely on brake only is very dangerous. Unless you have very big disc and good racing pad.

Use 2nd gear, and 1st if required. I go up and down many times no problem. Hardly apply more than 30 sec brake. Use engine braking.

Try flush your brake fluid. If you want better braking power, upgrade to metallic pad but very noisy. Or upgrade to 4 pots R32 / R33 :D

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Weikee,
I understood.
But i wish to confirm my Master Brake Pump condition also.
So any suggestion ?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Don't know. Do vacuum test maybe?

Funny, the JDM 3L with higher HP come only with single pot. And I find after putting the JDM master pump + my current 2 pot brake. Is much better. Now with the metallic pad it feel so much like a brake :) Feel like: Apply brake today, stop today.

But I want to have brake that: Apply brake today, stop yesterday.

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Ic, I looking for Apply brake today, stop today enuf
Brake today, stop yesterday for me look like drive with Hand brake ON

Maybe 2L or 3L share same Pump spec.
Need to shop around soon.

How much cost you for JDM Pump ?

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi all,
Wish to get you expert advice how to confirm Master Brake Pump is in good condition or not ?

Recently went to Genting for twice, when return time both time brake power reduce after heat.
1st time non-stop direct back to KL, brake pad gone.
2nd time rest at Gotong Jaya for supper, then continuousb back KL, brake pad still ok.

Maybe i not well how to downhill without use so much brake force, but a32 gear box drop to 3rd gear or even 2nd gear it didn't have engine brake function like Toyota Advanza or Gen2.
So no choice need to press the brake.

My friend drive my car when back, him suspect Master Brake Pump not in good condition as pressure/torque very less.

Frankly speaking I also disapointed to A32 brake performance since i own the car.
Thinking change to Chop shop 4-pot, but worry the replacement part/performance wise after invest.

Now i think this is last point need to improve so far.

So anyone have any suggestion/advice ?
FYI I using original A32 Twin-pot ( 3.0 spec ).
In order to check the brake master pump. Put the car in "D" and hold the brake pedal down. If it slowly sinks to the floor then the master pump is defective. If the Vaccum brake booster/servo is spoilt the brakes will get harder and harder to press like when the engine is off. Also you would have to check if the one way valve in the vacuum hose to the brake booster is ok or not. Also you need to check if there are any vacuum leaks in the hose which supply vacuum to the servo.

Are you mistaking brake fade with brakes no power. Sounds more like you have brake fade. In that case get better brake pads rated at higher temps. Also get a set of teflon steel braided hoses for the brakes.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Malaysia TC don't bring in Japan Original brake pad for A32 anymore. If not mistaken the one selling is local / key-value. Original usually cost RM 4xx to 6xx.

If anyone got to know where they selling let me know.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
Malaysia TC don't bring in Japan Original brake pad for A32 anymore. If not mistaken the one selling is local / key-value. Original usually cost RM 4xx to 6xx.

If anyone got to know where they selling let me know.
Weikee... PH Auto in Seapark do sell. But that was years ago.

I got once post compatibility of brake pad of A33 and A32 for front. The rear one still not yet change since the car came out from factory.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ity-of-brake-pad-a32-and-a33.html#post4141046

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
In order to check the brake master pump. Put the car in "D" and hold the brake pedal down. If it slowly sinks to the floor then the master pump is defective. If the Vaccum brake booster/servo is spoilt the brakes will get harder and harder to press like when the engine is off. Also you would have to check if the one way valve in the vacuum hose to the brake booster is ok or not. Also you need to check if there are any vacuum leaks in the hose which supply vacuum to the servo.

Are you mistaking brake fade with brakes no power. Sounds more like you have brake fade. In that case get better brake pads rated at higher temps. Also get a set of teflon steel braided hoses for the brakes.
" If the Vaccum brake booster/servo is spoilt the brakes will get harder and harder to press like when the engine is off." Bro if the brakes get harder during sudden braking, Is it due to brake booster as well?:confused:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
" If the Vaccum brake booster/servo is spoilt the brakes will get harder and harder to press like when the engine is off." Bro if the brakes get harder during sudden braking, Is it due to brake booster as well?:confused:
When engine off, it sure have problem la, cause no more vacuum mah.

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
msybe u can check vsnli at jln ipoh..i think they have the japan set. i am running stock set up. when up genting n down. it works fine.....

did not rely entirely on the brake....got play with the gears at well when goin down hill...

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes, there is most probably a small vacuum leak in the booster, the hose or the one way valve.