A32 - 3.0v6 engine jerking

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
update,

went to ecu scan and found no error code

:hmmmm:, what to do next? i'll start with cleaning AFM and iacv-aac and injectors...

:confused: gotta try it one-by-one with lotsa patience
This kind of problem , usually does not trigger an error code especially for our fatties(cefiros) , if any it would most likely read the knock sensor which i doubt is the cause. However, my best bet for your problem would b the maf as suggested by xtec, forget about cleaning the maf, do a switching test .That is, swap a working maf and see whether it fix the problem or not. Do not forget to reset ecu thereafter... let us know the outcome..:nurse:

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi all,

after attending to some of the current issues of the car, including

1.some rather serious oil leakage from engine
2.this jerking problem
3.brake pump with minor problems
4.power steering pump leaking

i have come to a decision for a engine swap to VQ25 today, cos my company will pay for it.:burnout:
Got it from chop shop a half cut for rm3200 and installation for rm800. will do it this weekend.
taken a photo of the half cut as below

Attachments

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
you still need to repair all the things you mention unless you get a new or very very good condition engine. that also will need about rm 800 to 1000 depend what you change. and spare another rm 500 for runner to change engine number, also update the insurance

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi weikee,
can u elaborate more on what you've written?

seizai,
i'll have to go thru the replacement process first before i can let u know what r the parts that spare out of the half cut, cos i suspects most of my existing parts need replacement, except maybe the disc rotor, gearbox and alternator, all those which i replaced it recently.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
even with the 1/2 cut you still need to change lots of things. unless you get a very very low mileage engine. i got my 3L 1/2 cut clock only 70kkm, and all the oil seal showing sign of leak, and i change all except the power steering hose. now the hose is leaking..

Is better to change everything when the engine is down, even water pump.

If the purpose of swapping engine is because trying to reduce the repair for oil leak, doubt this can achieve. unless you have a really good condition engine.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
thanx for the elaboration. mind to further write more detail what r the oil seals that u replace? I can use it as a reference. i'll pay attention to these wear and tear items.

after considering the repair costs, i think replacing the engine will be a better solution, as this current engine already clocked 400k km and it's time for it to retire. Problems are everywhere, including oil leaks, hose hardened and leaks, drive shaft, power steering, radiator, AFM, etc. Since I travel a lot, it would be a nightmare if it just breakdown somewhere in the east-west highway.

btw, this half cut mileage is 110k km.

Thanx a lot for ur input

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
hi all,

after attending to some of the current issues of the car, including

1.some rather serious oil leakage from engine
2.this jerking problem
3.brake pump with minor problems
4.power steering pump leaking

i have come to a decision for a engine swap to VQ25 today, cos my company will pay for it.:burnout:
Got it from chop shop a half cut for rm3200 and installation for rm800. will do it this weekend.
taken a photo of the half cut as below
Congrats! U got a very,very cheap deal! Glad u made a good decision . Since company is paying why not consider a VQ Neo? Don't mind me I'm just kepoh only...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

thanx for the elaboration. mind to further write more detail what r the oil seals that u replace? I can use it as a reference. i'll pay attention to these wear and tear items.

after considering the repair costs, i think replacing the engine will be a better solution, as this current engine already clocked 400k km and it's time for it to retire. Problems are everywhere, including oil leaks, hose hardened and leaks, drive shaft, power steering, radiator, AFM, etc. Since I travel a lot, it would be a nightmare if it just breakdown somewhere in the east-west highway.

btw, this half cut mileage is 110k km.

Thanx a lot for ur input
Actually alot of halcut items depends on luck lah. For instance the I've only changed the CV joints & Shock absorbers (Due to lowered springs, my fault.), Radiator top (due to using ron95, my fault also.), engine oil, atf, battery,etc. Its been more than four years now, still in good condition. I don't travel alot though.:biggrin:

To check for oil leaks is easy . Just start up the half cut let it idle for 15-20mins, give it a few high revs , stop the half cut (engine) let it cool down . Jack up the half cut , crawl underneath, you should able to some damp oil sipping through the fly wheel oil seal (sand wiched between the g/box and engine) , timing chain cover, cylinder head gasket , etc.

Last edited:

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
eh? A32 can use neo ka? what's the difference btw neo and normal one, and how to differentiate it from outlook?

checked thru the engine visually, no sign of oil leakage. it's quite a "clean" engine. hopefully it wont kacau so much after swap la.

if swapping half cut, do u normally swap the dashboard as well or u keep the ori one? there are funny sounds, although minor but annoying, starting to come out from the dashboard on uneven B-roads.

wat about steering and airbag?

sb3, how does ron95 petrol related to radiator damage?

Last edited:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi weikee,
can u elaborate more on what you've written?

seizai,
i'll have to go thru the replacement process first before i can let u know what r the parts that spare out of the half cut, cos i suspects most of my existing parts need replacement, except maybe the disc rotor, gearbox and alternator, all those which i replaced it recently.
those part no hurry :biggrin:
btw
got arm rest ar :biggrin:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
110kkm, time to change oil seal, water pump, and plugs. is much easier and cheaper when the engine is down. cause some oil seal like the flywheel oil seal need to bring down the g.box, and also take part pf the engine oil pan out.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eh? A32 can use neo ka? what's the difference btw neo and normal one, and how to differentiate it from outlook?

checked thru the engine visually, no sign of oil leakage. it's quite a "clean" engine. hopefully it wont kacau so much after swap la.

if swapping half cut, do u normally swap the dashboard as well or u keep the ori one? there are funny sounds, although minor but annoying, starting to come out from the dashboard on uneven B-roads.

jpn kia oledi clean the bay, thats y looks clean. there was no much oil inside engine or may be long time no start... its very hard see oil stain

drive shalf seal.. engine mount rubber.. absorber top mount.. those water hose.. radiator hose.. those ruber thing must change otherwise u need spend more after few mths like me :bawling:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
take our advice, when the engine is down, especially for a32 the car is been japan maybe on the chop shop for many months / years oil seal and hose will be harden, and after running the engine for few months oil will start to leak.

Since engine is down change all the hose, and oil seal.

Don't use neo engine unless you plan to put in the a33 dashboard or meter cause wiring will be headache if you plan to use back all a32 dashboard and meter with neo engine. Air bag, i disable already, abs usually not much problem and can use the 1/2 cut.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
:adore:
really thank all of u for the input... :adore:

i'll take ur advice to replace those oil seals and hoses...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

Yes u have to swap everything over (except for the body)

Swap the dash if its better condition than your current one and make sure its the same hue with your other interior items such as door panels, carpet seats , cushion or else it would look like rojak A32.

Steering ? same as the dash, condition, hue and whether the airbag still intact?(or dispensed)

Yes, there was a thread sometime ago complaining about usage of RON95 on fatties. I 'm a bit skeptical at 1st when somebody commented on his radiator leak (due to o/heating) after:burnout: using ron95. I had only experienced some knock during my initial usage of the said fuel. But after using for sometime, I noticed that there was some coolant shortage in the radiator (Yes, I do check my radiator on a regular basis). Found out radiator bocor on the top part. That fuel was my main suspect . I am now using shell vpower 97 . Good power,man!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As a top Malaysian racer and on both four and two wheels, Adi Haslam was dealt a cruel hand by fate as a motocross accident in 1997 robbed him of his ability to walk and rendered him wheelchair-bound until the K4GP 24-Hours Endurance landed on our shores.

Forming his own team for the race, Adi was back behind the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience