A32 - 3.0v6 engine jerking

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Sb3,
So finally how u solve the engine jerking problem? change the injectors (new or used and how much per no?)
or can it be clean?:confused:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Sb3,
So finally how u solve the engine jerking problem? change the injectors (new or used and how much per no?)
ming_fei,nope never had a chance to touch the injectors coz i did the engine swap. But I strongly believed 2 of my injectors were stuck open. The spark plugs were (for the 2 injectors) always fouled and wet with fuel.I have swap the ignition coil and plugs a couple of times but came out with the same results (foul and wet). Power and signal were present when checked and the injectors were clicking like normal.The conectors were grounded properly.. Wat else could it be then?

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Was thinking....Maybe the AFM sending wrong info to ECU and cause the Engine to run too rich?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Was thinking....Maybe the AFM sending wrong info to ECU and cause the Engine to run too rich?
Dream tent, but each time i checked it was always the same cyclinder(s) which are fouling the plugs. If AFM problem, which contributes to engine running too rich it will foul all of the plugs right?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
o worst case scenario....da 1 wt da foul plug might hv problem wt valve
Yeah i had thought of that too but most of the foreman/mechanic wouldn't recommend valve jobs on the our cylinder head coz its made of aluminium. Skimming the head would warp it. Infact i did check with TC . They told me to replace 2 new cyclinder head (V6 ) as they don't normally do a valve jobs on our cars.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Dream tent, but each time i checked it was always the same cyclinder(s) which are fouling the plugs. If AFM problem, which contributes to engine running too rich it will foul all of the plugs right?
Funny...

But for the sake of troubleshooting, why not swapping the ignition coils around and see if the problem follows the coil?

Wonder if there is a way to check each of the injector too. Maybe the solenoid degraded.

cooper1275

1,000 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
Sb3,
change a set of used ignition coils & leads(6nos all in) from a 2001 accident model, that must have solved the problem,
anyway gys, i have sold my A32 for a good price, and cos i found the car i have been looking, bought a Subaru Sti v8-spec-C,
i will still be contributing/logging in this foum whenever i can, probably bcos i have done alot about my A32,

thanx,:driver:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
change a set of used ignition coils & leads(6nos all in) from a 2001 accident model, that must have solved the problem,
anyway gys, i have sold my A32 for a good price, and cos i found the car i have been looking, bought a Subaru Sti v8-spec-C,
i will still be contributing/logging in this foum whenever i can, probably bcos i have done alot about my A32,

thanx,:driver:
Waaah, Changed your taste to monster power instead of VIP syle ? Subaru Sti is a great and tough car , i wish i can afford one, anyways good luck with your new car!

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Funny...

But for the sake of troubleshooting, why not swapping the ignition coils around and see if the problem follows the coil?

Wonder if there is a way to check each of the injector too. Maybe the solenoid degraded.
Already done that and the problem stays @ the same cylinder/s. All the 6 injectors clicking away fine . (I used a long screw driver and listen to it).

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Bringing back this old thread cos i'm having similar problems lately.

Where is the injector? Kind to illustrate anyone?

Thanx!

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
CTK22, long time no hear fr u. just dismantle the decorative engine cover (which reads Nissan v6 3000...) and there u r , 3 injectors mounted on the fuel railings. That is only the front bank. Repeat the same thing for the rear bank. What do u want to do anyway?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi sb3,

i was having the same jerking while idling in gear D problem... and i tried switching and replacing a few ignition coil (trying 1 by 1) but still doesnt solve the problem, that's why i thought of getting a spare set injector from the chop shop and try replacing the injectors see whether that's the problem. That uncle dunno which is the injector and wanted me to point to him. That's why...

Have been busy with work tat's why just left those minor problems of the car unattended. But recently found tat the problems might be getting serious...

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
injector got problem won't be on ideal only. it will have engine "jerking" when driving also. and Plug will have difference color too.

Could be AFM, or vacuum problem.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi weikee,

thanx for the info. I've just changed all 6 plugs last week and the wear and tear found to be normal. Thanx for suggesting AFM and vacuum, cos actually i'm having a crack on the air filter box that i sealed it with bitumen. Maybe it's the one causing the problem.

BTW, can I clean the AFM by spraying carburetor cleaner?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience