A32 - 3.0v6 engine jerking

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
I drove frequently to Pengkalan Hulu, Perak. In case u guy dont know, it further north from Grik, Perak, and just next to Betong Thailand border. I took my A32 thru all those corners high speed, up to 110 or 120, and the car still quite stable although the body tilt quite noticeably. Tires screeching when rolling on road marking paint makes me a bit scared to go step on harder. Perhaps it's due to my Michelin XM1 grip not so good.

Also taken this car up the Jelapang - Kuala Kangsar tunnel winding road, overall very stable and felt well-footed.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I drove frequently to Pengkalan Hulu, Perak. In case u guy dont know, it further north from Grik, Perak, and just next to Betong Thailand border. I took my A32 thru all those corners high speed, up to 110 or 120, and the car still quite stable although the body tilt quite noticeably. Tires screeching when rolling on road marking paint makes me a bit scared to go step on harder. Perhaps it's due to my Michelin XM1 grip not so good.

Also taken this car up the Jelapang - Kuala Kangsar tunnel winding road, overall very stable and felt well-footed.
Wow , high speed corner @ Grik road, 110-120kph, amazing man! But take it easy on that road bro, safety firstlah.My friend spun 360 deg b4 using that road. Maybe he does not have the skill, hehehe... Anyways good touge!:biggrin:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
I'll advice not to such driving in such road. my experience are much more painful. not on the same road, but other road with other car.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
thanx for the advice...

actually i'm quite familiar with this road, that's why i dared to go at this speed. I travel almost weekly up and down to KL, that's why the car clocked to 400k km so fast

Anyway, saw another Perak registered 30GV driving more aggressively in this stretch, maybe some mod on the suspension already.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
CTK22, you have solve your jerking problem by engine swap, good for you. But has anyone ever solved the jerking problem without engine swap ? No really I mean fixed the jerking problem? Why so many VQs have these problem after certain years of usage? Is that a engine flaw or what. I've notice that even in the states they r having this similiar problem. I don't hear a camry or an accord having such problem (same manufacturing year). I'd reaaly like to find the culprit. Any suggestion?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
no idea what's actually the problem. Maybe due to heat that's causing the decay of sensors' ability? U know, this V engine produce a lot of heat.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
CTK22, you have solve your jerking problem by engine swap, good for you. But has anyone ever solved the jerking problem without engine swap ? No really I mean fixed the jerking problem? Why so many VQs have these problem after certain years of usage? Is that a engine flaw or what. I've notice that even in the states they r having this similiar problem. I don't hear a camry or an accord having such problem (same manufacturing year). I'd reaaly like to find the culprit. Any suggestion?

I mention some of the things you can look at before, maybe you just dig back the history. I solved mine.

Omari

Feb 10, 2013
Bintulu
Hi to all,
I have similar problem on my a32 30. Asked a few friends. One of them open hood, star engine, engage D. He notice slight movement of engine, he said maybe engine mounting koyak. Maybe true as he had same problem on 2 old cars before.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Guys with reference to the Original jerking problem during idle in D or N problem, if you have tried all the options as previously described in the forum, I suggest to try changing 2 new O2 sensors, as this controls the AF ratio at idle. It feels like a lean misfire stumble rather than rich misfire stumble.

As with reference to detonation, yes the VQ30 does detonate and is intake air temp related. It will detonate from -0.2bar all the way to 0bar with high load on the engine like A/C on and a slope in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear. It will even detonate starting at -0.3 bar if your EGR system is blocked or faulty. I have tried it and if you disable the EGR system it will detonate at -0.3bar so make sure your whole EGR system is clean and working well.

Hi to all,
I have similar problem on my a32 30. Asked a few friends. One of them open hood, star engine, engage D. He notice slight movement of engine, he said maybe engine mounting koyak. Maybe true as he had same problem on 2 old cars before.
You will only have this problem when you engage from N to D or switching between gears. The problem if I understand it right is that in D when idling it will misfire and stumble. Which a broken engine mounting will not solve. If the mounting is broek when moving between the gears you will feel a "klok" feeling. The feeling that other are getting is a stumbling and misfire like when your heart skips a beat. It will idle smooth then miss, then idle smoooth then miss 2 -3 times them smooth again, all while in D but will never stall. The VQ engine should be smooth all the time.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all,

if you are visiting anyone staying at arena green(if i am not wrong) near the stadium bukit jalil, if you have to leave your car outside the apartment...remember to becareful....

i heard there's a series of cars' windows smashed and things inside got stolen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience