A32 2.0A Gear Shift Problem

SHIFT_

May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All Masters:

Need to seek advice on my gear shift problem. Occasionally during heavy traffic when shifting from gear 1 to 2 there is a thud sound "gong" and will feel the jerk.

Anyone experienced this before? Please share your insight what could be the problem.

Thanks.

SHIFT_

May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I changed all the fluid immediately when I acquired this car in Apr. All fluid were flushed and replaced in TCEAS.

Engine mount? mmm.. never thought of that before. Could that be possible? Beside the above mentioned problem, shifting from gear 2 and beyond are silky smooth.

Thanks.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
shifting from first gear to 2nd some time maybe rough a bit on my A33. But never had "gong" kicking like that...

However a few of us experience replace ATF to original Nissan Matic D ATF got smoother gear shift.

1 bottle 1 litre @ around RM20 ~ Rm26.

SHIFT_

May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder if TCEAS is using Nissan Matic D.

When they replace the ATF, it was drawn from a big drum via manual pump. In the invoice, it is stated as DEXRON III.

DEXRON III is good enough for our ride?

Thanks.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
DexronIII is from castrol.

If you ask the SA from tanchong, they sure tell you same one.

If you ask us, dunno its physiological influence or not, imported nissan ATF sure better la. After all its about the same price.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Used Castrol before, as claimed by workshop "Tan Chong also using this, so it's ori". But unfortunately it's not. Try the Nissan D-Matic then u'll have noticeably smoother shifts.

I used it on my previous troubled gearbox and it improved the shifting a lot. It's just that the leaking and slow engagemt therefore i opted for a gearbox change.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
SumGee told me D-matic is fully synthetic, you feel the difference vs the normal even Castrol

SHIFT_

May 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks to all who replied.

1. If I were to drain the ATF (via the drain plug), approx. how many litres are required?
2. There are different views with regards to flush vs drain when comes to replacing the ATF; which method do you recommend?
3. Is there an ATF filter in our ride? If there is, where & how about getting it changed?

Thanks.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
1- If only drain plu, you need 4 bottle, (still got 4 more liters inside)
2- flush, you need around 10 to 12 bottles, you need to drain the torque converter.
3- wire mesh filter is inside the auto box.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dyno-tab® is Made in the USA.
Dyno-tab® is manufactured in Orange County, California by...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience