A Tale of Recovering a Honda Civic FD2R

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Found this post in lowyat forum and I think is a good thing to share with every car enthusiasts here since most and some are actually driving really heavily modded cars or thief magnet cars.

Hope this is helpful for everyone. I think is really good if they come up with such technology to track the car.

We have and always heard of car security where they are able to track your car but till date I'm not so sure how good is it until I found this thread in other forums. Is impressive to me.

Most important thing, that owner car was discovered within hours. :top:

Stolen Honda Civic FD2R recovered within 2 hours

We are proud to announce that Katsana's advanced GPS tracking technology has allowed us to track, locate and recover a stolen Honda Civic FD2R in the wee hours of April 1st 2014.

The car was stolen at 525am in Damansara, and we managed to visually locate the car being parked at a house in Putra Heights at 730 am, a mere 2 hours later.

Chronology of car theft involving a Honda Civic Type-R

5:30 am, April 1st 2014
The Katsana team received a distressed call reporting the loss of a 2 months old Honda Civic FD2R. The vehicle was stolen from the owner's apartment in Damansara. The owner received two notifications of unwarranted movements that signalled the car being disturbed, and was currently moving outside of his apartment area.

Upon checking the status of the vehicle on Katsana Live Tracking Platform, we confirmed the validity of the report and noticed that the car was being driven towards Klang.

The Katsana team liaised with the nearest police station in Damansara to get hold of nearby police officers. Thanks to the fast 10-second update interval by Katsana, we were able to trace the car with utmost precision and able to view the travel log of the vehicle during the chase.

6:00 am
We noticed that the thief drove the car at blazing speed upwards of 190kmph along KESAS highway. The car then made a U-turn and circled around Kota Kemuning and stopped at a nearby fast food restaurant and petrol station, probably to fuel up.

6:30 am
After a couple of fast sprints along KESAS highway, the car was then driven towards Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong, and then turned into Putra Heights.

7:10 am
The vehicle entered a residential area and parked at a corner-lot terrace house. It seems that there was no motion left which means the vehicle has been stopped and no longer runs.

The Katsana team is mobilized to Putra Heights. At the same time, the vehicle owner and the cousin reached Putra Heights and liaised with the Putra Heights police to recover the car.

7:15 am
An 8-man strong police team with high powered guns and Kevlar vests was able to spot the house. All visible entry and exit points were cordoned off to prevent any escape.

Seen within the vicinity of the house were the stolen Civic FD2R, another Civic FD2R and a Proton Perdana.

The team was not able to enter the house without permission by by higher level officers.

11:15 am
The group of policemen grew with the arrival of a few other key persons. Green light was given to ambush and enter the house.

A male with his girlfriend were arrested for questioning. Soon after, the police managed to discover a hidden room, with two male occupants. They were suspected to be the culprit behind the stolen Civic FD2R with both having history of car thefts in police records.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
7:15AM police arrives, 11:15AM only take action.

4 hours they do what? those "higher level officers" doing what? tidor ar?

This shows the usefulness of our "higher level officers". If every case police handle also waste 4 hours to "wait for higher level officers".. die lah.. tiu.

Lucky got Katsana who appears to be more efficient than the police.

Tulah, Malaysia is fucked because of all these higher level people.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
1 hour to type surat.
1 hour to re-edit surat
1 hour to read surat
1 hour to sign and process surat kua?.

Total 4 hours.

Anyway, good to know GPS locator works.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
7:15AM police arrives, 11:15AM only take action.

4 hours they do what? those "higher level officers" doing what? tidor ar?

This shows the usefulness of our "higher level officers". If every case police handle also waste 4 hours to "wait for higher level officers".. die lah.. tiu.

Lucky got Katsana who appears to be more efficient than the police.

Tulah, Malaysia is fucked because of all these higher level people.
That's the thing. When I read I also :banghead:
They might have thought they have blocked all exits so they have no where to run so no harm waiting.

Then Police can arrive on time and the KEY PERSON take his own time to have his breakfast and coffee while reading some newspapers before coming.

Seriously, if this car theft syndicate is a bigger group ones, those police officers that arrived could have been ambush for taking that long to take action...

The procedure is just silly. Really need a warrant before can go in? :stupid:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Really messed up these so called 'higher officers'.
A 2 hours of joy driving lol. 176km/h.
Should have stricter law to punish car thieves. Like ban driving license for 10 years after coming out from jail and jail for 8 years with 8 stroke of rotan.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But the theft of the Evo 6.5, client of my mechanic, the thieves managed to disable the GPS tracker.....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But the theft of the Evo 6.5, client of my mechanic, the thieves managed to disable the GPS tracker.....:smokin:
Ya need to hide it, or they should make one that cannot be removed. Like weld permanently.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Should have stricter law to punish car thieves. Like ban driving license for 10 years after coming out from jail and jail for 8 years with 8 stroke of rotan.
Stricter law is useless when police officers all have to wait 4 hours to take action because lack of approval from "higher officers".

Police 1: Eh itu nampak macam kereta yg dilaporkan dicuri pagi tadi, nak kejar ke camana
Police 2: Nanti dulu, biar saya radio sarjan utk arahan. Radio tuan radio tuan
Sarjan: zzzz
Police 1: Eh, tuan macam tengah "mesyuarat"
Police 2: Ya, baik tunggu nanti baru tanya sarjan
Police 1: Kereta dah hilang tak tau mana, tak payah kejar dah
Police 2: Nasib la apa nak buat...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya need to hide it, or they should make one that cannot be removed. Like weld permanently.
Was not removed, was disabled. Seems they need to on it to start the car, so they manage to see it for a while in Seremban then disappear again, so these thieves knows what they are doing...:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Stricter law is useless when police officers all have to wait 4 hours to take action because lack of approval from "higher officers".

Police 1: Eh itu nampak macam kereta yg dilaporkan dicuri pagi tadi, nak kejar ke camana
Police 2: Nanti dulu, biar saya radio sarjan utk arahan. Radio tuan radio tuan
Sarjan: zzzz
Police 1: Eh, tuan macam tengah "mesyuarat"
Police 2: Ya, baik tunggu nanti baru tanya sarjan
Police 1: Kereta dah hilang tak tau mana, tak payah kejar dah
Police 2: Nasib la apa nak buat...
the thing is..........

solve 1 case, oso makan gaji
solve 10 cases, oso makan gaji...

Now police man oso takut chasing thieves. Salah hari bulan, the police might be outgun....So most of them just wear polis uniform but just look see, look see attitude...

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lol @ the police bashing.

I'm more curious of the circumstances when the car was stolen. Did it have steering lock/additional security devices aside from the GPS?
I see a lot of magnet car owners just park their car and trust the built-in immobilizer and alarm.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
lol @ the police bashing.

I'm more curious of the circumstances when the car was stolen. Did it have steering lock/additional security devices aside from the GPS?
I see a lot of magnet car owners just park their car and trust the built-in immobilizer and alarm.
This is what we sometimes called it negligence. Besides, everyone knows about the risk of getting their car stolen, but they just always think that being stolen of their car would not happen on them....until it really happened on them.

That is why you could find tonnes of threads in ZTH, created by owners that had lost their cars, and posted up messages of regret, advices or summoning help to recover their cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
the thing is..........

solve 1 case, oso makan gaji
solve 10 cases, oso makan gaji...

Now police man oso takut chasing thieves. Salah hari bulan, the police might be outgun....So most of them just wear polis uniform but just look see, look see attitude...
This is very true for our police forces income per month is not worth risking at all.
Compared to police in Hong Kong, If not mistaken their police have quite a high pay and whoever try to rasuah them, will be arrested as well.

This is what we sometimes called it negligence. Besides, everyone knows about the risk of getting their car stolen, but they just always think that being stolen of their car would not happen on them....until it really happened on them.

That is why you could find tonnes of threads in ZTH, created by owners that had lost their cars, and posted up messages of regret, advices or summoning help to recover their cars.
That's why I'm kinda worried about my little mouse deer. Was thinking of using those pedal lock.
Anyone use before?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tools :
  1. Screw Driver
  2. Ratchet
  3. Bolt size 10,12,14,17,19
  4. spanner size 12
  5. long pipe

• The tools
  • Picture explain everthing u need
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience