9 Inch Flywheel on a Satria 1.6-Gearbox,is it possible...Pls Share Comments

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hello Ppl,

Im currently using a satria 1.6(4g92p-sohc)gearbox on my 1.8 4g93p engine.Problem is,the power is so not there,due to the fact its a 8 inch flywheel and to make things worse,its already skimmed(quiet a lot),which causes me to loose torque very badly,i suffered driving up genting last weekend.So,now im thinking of upgrading,but to a 9 inch(gsr 4g93T - flywheel),but just worried whether its posibble to do so?

1)Do i have to modify the gearbox housing to fit in the 9 inch flywheel?

2)What are the pro & cons?

3)Will i have anyother problems after doing so?

Pls Share ur thoughts,feel free pls

Happy Motoring!!

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i suggest a 8.5" which is the stock 4g93 size
get a good condition one , u will be good to go
n remember u must change ur clutch plates n cover if u change flywheel

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
9 inch?? it a very heavy flywheel set. 8.5 inch is good for daily street use already.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
jinkl & boyzone,

from what ive read,not sure true not true,it makes me understand that a heavier flywheel will provide good/better momentum as in a increase of torque which i truly,really and badly need.also,now when i rev my accelarator paddle it feels like my engine is like so very kosong,really so kosong,thats the reason i thought of goin for 9 inches,still cloudy on what shud i do,just want to cure this problem,thanks a lot.

Last edited:

BananaBoyz

Known Member
May 22, 2007
bro,

from what ive read,not sure true not trrue,it says a heavier flywheel will provide good/better momentum as in a increase in torque which i badly need now,also,now when i rev my accelarator paddle it feels like my engine is like so very kosong,really so kosong,thats the reason i thought of goin for 9 inches,but looks like i rather just go for 8.5 rather than 9's,thanks a lot.

not true..the true is for top speed momentum...rev very kosong need to up oil abit..or retard disturbator...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, too light flywheel will give u very fast respone fr engine.. therefore, u will feel like kosong.
a heavy flywheel will give u good performance on uphill as momentum teory, but u will face heavy pick up at initial run.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Wahlau... so many contradicting comments. LoL...

Bigger flywheel is not called an upgrade, its more like a downgrade. =p

How would adding rotational mass to your car ever be considered an upgrade? Yes it increases the momentum and u'll have a bigger innertia, but that doesn't increase torque la. As a matter of fact it requires a higher torque from the engine to accelerate it. You'll en up losing power lah.
Try to sit down and think about it logically lar. If you're pushing a wheel uphill, there's no way that the heavier wheel is gonna be easier to push than the lighter one man.

Don't la go do all these funny funny things to your car. =p People all wanting lighter flywheel, you pulak wanna put in bigger and heavier wan. LoL. =p

boyzone,
Eh... do u even know what the Momentum Theory is ah???? Wahlau... simply bagi terms only ah u??

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehe chill guys
best conclusion is to get back a ur stock brand new or aftermarket or oem flywheel

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Alvin, Long time no see... but u still the same.. nothing change from u right??

appreciate u can explain well to people with a lot of momentum theory... but not all can understand it one.. : )

jeremy

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kuching-penang
Visit site
yea..u wan torque, u should lighten yur flywheel..

momentum theory states that when an object moves, the momentum will kip it rollin,

i think u should stick to stock 4G93 flywheel..

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
boyzone,

i was willing to suffer a lil loss of pick-up but gaining on top,but looks like id be better of goin for a stock 8.5

alvin24,

hahhahhah,well its best described like this,im like so much into the need of torque......so normal la,trying to hope for it to comeby with something that i now feel is - Weird(9inches)......thinking of it,now also tells me that,the 9 inches actually comes from a 4wd gearbox,which is for a totally diff setup.

jinkl,

yeah,wud be goin for a oem used flywheel(8.5 inches),no 9 inches all:)that was a dream,that i wanted for real:)

jeremy,

thanks,yeap,wud be getting a stock flywheel

Last edited:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
small advice though, you might wanna consider lightening your flywheel first since u haven't installed it in yet... but lighten off 1kg enuff liau, not too much. Then get a semi racing clutch for the extra grip lar... so the ride is more responsive at every gear change.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
just to share wat i've done.....
my 4g91 stock clutch n flywheel is 8".....
i got a free exedy 8.5" pressure plate from a fren....
my mech manage to mod my flywheel to fit it....
at the same time lighthen it a bit la.....
so i just need to pay for labour n the new 3-puck clutch lo.....
save up half of the cost.....

mayb its oso a way dat u can consider la.....
u'll definately get the grip u wan.....
n u'll hav a stronger left leg....
heehee

thor03

Dec 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Ppl,

Im currently using a satria 1.6(4g92p-sohc)gearbox on my 1.8 4g93p engine.Problem is,the power is so not there,due to the fact its a 8 inch flywheel and to make things worse,its already skimmed(quiet a lot),which causes me to loose torque very badly,i suffered driving up genting last weekend.So,now im thinking of upgrading,but to a 9 inch(gsr 4g93T - flywheel),but just worried whether its posibble to do so?

1)Do i have to modify the gearbox housing to fit in the 9 inch flywheel?

2)What are the pro & cons?

3)Will i have anyother problems after doing so?

Pls Share ur thoughts,feel free pls

Happy Motoring!!

The question still not answer........:banghead::banghead:

how about do like this:

1. take standart stock 4g93 8.5'' flywheel then mix (kawin) with clutch plate n cover GSR 9'', go to foundry ask them make new thread (lubang screw) match to GSR 9'' cover plate.... don't skimmed the flywheel....

2. or, take whole flywheel and clutch set GSR 9'' and skimmed a bit a round 1.5 kg or 2kg for lighten (for pick up)...... but the housing gearbox also need to skimmed a bit...... yes u can skimmed but remember there is a chance to crack the gear box..... or u can find housing gearbox gsr and put back ur gear ratio (cari kotak gear kosong)......

3, or , put the original flywheel (don't skimmed) and put harden clutch plate ....... since u said can't up the hill don't u think ur plate n cover so standart or kong.....

what I do just skimmed not more than 2kg cost around rm30..... put BR clutch plate n cover ...... not racing one, just harden n organik...... better at high rev compare to original mitsubishi 4g93, I have used 4 sets last time original mitsubishi cluth n plate...... but BR nuch better for street used, even my wife also can drive the car......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently read newspaper that a taxi driver reported to police as he is been beaten by angry motorist:mad:. This is because the taxi driver straight drive to the driver lane after taking passenger.

Now day, this taxi driver like did not scare they will causes accident if they force their way to other people lane. Taxi meter bukan kira masa tetapi meter. Why must rush, other people and their self safety first la:driver:.

I do encounter a lot of this behivour with this taxi driver...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience