6a12tt-rs.perdana v6

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi,

I recently converted my E54 Galant from 6A12 to 6A12TT from E84 VR4.
Has anyone here run custom front exhaust pipes from turbo outlet an had any good gains in power?

I notice that mid range power is good till about 5k rpm, but engine does lack top end power. Mine is manual version with blue tab TD025 turbos. Everything is stock at the moment.
usually good custom exhaust job will have power gain.
how good it is depends on the work.
with turbo, u can go bigger, but not too big.
i guess the down pipe (not dump pipe) can be as big as 2" and the exhaust go for 2.5".
better ask Danzeterna as he's using TT engine, i'm on a 4G. hehe..

for the top end power, u might need to tune back the engine and find the best AF ratio.
maybe the fuel is too rich or too lean..

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

My engine has a wired sound like screeettt..!.screett!....Im heard at timing belt....whatbwas that?...its a bearing...?
screett sound might just be the belting (alternator or aircond) is too loose or too tight.
or maybe the belt needs replacement..

Jun 6, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
did u bring the ATF filter to the spare part shop for them to compare?
like mine (RVR turbo auto), i dono the parts code, so i bring the ATF filter to sparepart shop, then the find suitable one for me.
mine looks like yours la..
neuroone..tq your info..but can u suggest me any sparepart shop..i try go there to buy this filter.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
neuroone..tq your info..but can u suggest me any sparepart shop..i try go there to buy this filter.
pozy,
theres a sparepart shop right in the middle of pekan kajang.
u have to order la..
put this coordinate in google map: 2.992384,101.788204

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
Guys im install 220km/h meter before this 180km/h meter...220km/meter that rpm meter read 2000rpm @ 80km/h..180km/h meter read 2000rpm@70km/h...why aaa....that 220km/h meter not suitable? :what:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk HD

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Yup both meter from 6piston...I dont trust the gps...coz gps late bout 5 or 8km/h....

actually, GPS is the true speed.
our meters - cars, bikes, lorry, bus, etc is calibrated slower.
our cars, based on my observation, slower by around 3%.
thus, if u are travelling at 100kmh, the GPS would read 97kmh (this depends on the original tyre size).
that is why when u change to bigger rims and fatter tyres, there's this +-3% diameter rule.

what i mean to try both meters with GPS, as to eliminate speedometer problem.

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
actually, GPS is the true speed.
our meters - cars, bikes, lorry, bus, etc is calibrated slower.
our cars, based on my observation, slower by around 3%.
thus, if u are travelling at 100kmh, the GPS would read 97kmh (this depends on the original tyre size).
that is why when u change to bigger rims and fatter tyres, there's this +-3% diameter rule.

what i mean to try both meters with GPS, as to eliminate speedometer problem.
Oh I see....but that meter was okey all function.....my pomen says that meter its ok nothing to be affraid but im still... confius.....that 220km/h meter is light or that meter is 4g93 galant@eterna hmmmmm?.....im using 235/45/17 tyre....

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
235/45/17 is about 1.77% bigger than 205/55/16 (Perdana ori size).
based on that, at your meter 100kmh mark, the GPS reading should be around 98.7kmh~99kmh.

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
235/45/17 is about 1.77% bigger than 205/55/16 (Perdana ori size).
based on that, at your meter 100kmh mark, the GPS reading should be around 98.7kmh~99kmh.
Thks neuroOne......I think I just use that meter..now what im thinking is the piggyback....any want use unichip? Can tell me bout this unichip got pro n con?....
Last saturday I follow my fren buy this unichip...install+dyno O.M.G....the hp power up...before install bout 195.6hp but then install unichip the hp up to 279.9hp...my fren engine only install evo intercooler only....

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
budak kampung, your friend use what engine? if 6a12tt than i think its quite high hp to start and the gain. probably measure from crank.

unichip from what i know is not too universal as in not all tuner familiar with that,compare to emanage and safc.'

pros, more delicate fuel map for fine tuning if im not mistaken.

im planning for emanage blue soon. any kaki here done before with good tune map for share? not share the map exactly but roughly how your tuner arrange the value inside that you think its very optimized? so i can have some discussion with my installer then.

by the way, since 6a12tt generally known as cruiser engine, im wondering y the rpm readout quite high even at 110 kmh? i think its slightly over 3k which i think will increase fuel consumption. not too good.

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
budak kampung, your friend use what engine? if 6a12tt than i think its quite high hp to start and the gain. probably measure from crank.

unichip from what i know is not too universal as in not all tuner familiar with that,compare to emanage and safc.'

pros, more delicate fuel map for fine tuning if im not mistaken.

im planning for emanage blue soon. any kaki here done before with good tune map for share? not share the map exactly but roughly how your tuner arrange the value inside that you think its very optimized? so i can have some discussion with my installer then.

by the way, since 6a12tt generally known as cruiser engine, im wondering y the rpm readout quite high even at 110 kmh? i think its slightly over 3k which i think will increase fuel consumption. not too good.
My fren use 6a12tt....

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
How bout safc neo its okey?...its that true emanage 'setting dia senang lari'?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
How bout safc neo its okey?...its that true emanage 'setting dia senang lari'?
AFC Neo is very ok. but e-manage blue ie even better to setup.
AFC Neo is ok becoz u can do your own setting, meaning, first time go to shop to tune, then u note down all the setting, and then if maybe the AFC Neo reset, u can set it back according to ur note.
and beware if u install AFC Neo coz it has display and pencuri suka. better if u hide it..

my frens who uses e-manage blue said that the setting tak senang lari.
he even took out his e-manage several times coz he outstation for long time and afraid of his car kena curi..
but i dono la, i dont have any piggyback installed yet.. hehe

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
AFC Neo is very ok. but e-manage blue ie even better to setup.
AFC Neo is ok becoz u can do your own setting, meaning, first time go to shop to tune, then u note down all the setting, and then if maybe the AFC Neo reset, u can set it back according to ur note.
and beware if u install AFC Neo coz it has display and pencuri suka. better if u hide it..

my frens who uses e-manage blue said that the setting tak senang lari.
he even took out his e-manage several times coz he outstation for long time and afraid of his car kena curi..
but i dono la, i dont have any piggyback installed yet.. hehe
Oh I see...but all my fren said that setting very easy lari....but now many shop sale fake emanage.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This DIY I had done long time ago.. but i never documented it before.

So now, i got free time, so i done the steps..

Probably not the same steps for ur car, but u can get the general idea
from it.

SEE HERE --> http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1673600.html

:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience