4X1 or 4X2X1 better?

civic@938

Nov 28, 2005
Its 1230am midnight...after i'd defeated again by my bunch of friend who's using stock B16A auto:angry_smile: ....i was wondering should i change from my stock 4x2x1 to 4x1?

people always said
4x2x1 = top speed
4x1 = acceleration

however is there any one here who has tried 4x1 in their SOHC VTEC (which is AUTO) ? :Not_Impressed:

Thanks everyone~!

amdfaisal

Bawah jembatan
D16 SOHC VTEC auto will surely lose to B16A DOHC VTEC auto. Either u swap engine or get ur D16 turbocharged then you will be able to put a fight with B16A.

Bolt on mods on D16 will never get u going like a B16A. You can read the article about bold on mods on D16 in asia.vtec.net.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
first off...you would be better off thinking about swapping them auto tranny to manual if you want to kick ass....for stock sohc vtec which is slightly underpowered...it would be better IMHO to get a 421 to gain a slight pickup...

civic@938

Nov 28, 2005
Well...i know its impossible for my SOHC VTEC to beat B16A (unless i put a bolt-on turbo kit like blur_civic)....just thinking of getting some power for my ride and thinking of changing the extractor...

Anyway as a result, i guess all of you would agreed to get a 4x2x1 instead of straight flow 4x1 right?

Thanks for the opinion~!!! any SOHC VTECer who actually change to 4x1 pls post your opinion~!

little_monster

<º))))><
ekekek even u change your extractor u actually wont feel much difference...

akuma

Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
IMHO,
by changing 2 a better extractor,@ most u'll gain like 1-2ps atw only...assuming ur engine is stock....is it worth it?if i were u,i'd rather work on better breathing(more efficient air filter,cold air intake,etc) n better ATF 2 prevent less tranny slippage...try Penzzoil ATF3...ard RM11-13/L...cheap n work wonders....

civic@938

Nov 28, 2005
little_monster said:
that's the thing...now already have this 2' piping from front till end...only left the stock 4x2x1 haven't change....guess it will have no much effect lar....

maybe its time for me to get a NOS nitrogen in my car...kekeke...

civic@938

Nov 28, 2005
akuma said:
IMHO,
by changing 2 a better extractor,@ most u'll gain like 1-2ps atw only...assuming ur engine is stock....is it worth it?if i were u,i'd rather work on better breathing(more efficient air filter,cold air intake,etc) n better ATF 2 prevent less tranny slippage...try Penzzoil ATF3...ard RM11-13/L...cheap n work wonders....
a good transmission fluids could increase the performance? cool...perhaps i should get one tomorrow....

akuma

Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
dun get me wrong...it does not increase performance.....better ATF will incur less power loss frm d flywheel to d wheels...its just like a racing clutch..it does not add performance.....it minimises slippage..dats all....
FYI,i've been using Penzzoil ATF3 4 all my SIC n Bt3 session w my old faithful(read ex) EG9....SUPERB!!!

orc3368

Dec 1, 2005
little_monster said:

I change my extractor 4-2-1 no power juga.... tipu only those workshop ppl but look nice though in the engine bay. rather than the rusted cast iron can lcly a bit laaa if go car wash (boss cuci engine) muahahahhahaha

civic@938

Nov 28, 2005
bro your 4x2x1 is how many inches diameter one? if change back the original inches (which is 1.6 inches) will not have power lar....

now instead of changing the 4x2x1....i probably get the

4x"1+turbo"x1 = BOLT-ON TURBO

cheers for all the SOHC vtec drivers~!

Getz

Nov 30, 2003
I tot 4-1 manifold for high rev range? Very good for track setup. But if you want constant torque curve, 4-2-1 is the choice to go.

Oderf

Jul 27, 2005
akuma said:
dun get me wrong...it does not increase performance.....better ATF will incur less power loss frm d flywheel to d wheels...its just like a racing clutch..it does not add performance.....it minimises slippage..dats all....
FYI,i've been using Penzzoil ATF3 4 all my SIC n Bt3 session w my old faithful(read ex) EG9....SUPERB!!!
hmmmm... u use ATF for manual gearbox ? can we really do that ? whts d different between ATF n normal MTF ? sorry..i really have no idea tho...

sifu, just to ask as i am driving a honde integra DA7 1.6..my problem is after driving for half an hour,under the car will get very hot till i can feel inside(such as touching the gear knob,everything on the floor in the middle) try replacing the exhaust still the same..currently 2 inch all the way..when stop get down to touch the exhaust tip, can cook eggs on top liow...my questions is that normal for exhaust to get very hot?or is it other thing?thanks!