4WD Inspira

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
Currently, the chassis used for inspira is the same with the current gen lancer which is the CYxx chassis. Just wondering if the underbody of this chassis has the space to put a center differential (3rd diffrential) for 4wd purpose, the evo x uses CZxx chassis instead. Any inspira owners or masters help me?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
there is a theory i read at lancer tuners frm USA, that mentioned that it is possible with 4wd installation but still undergoin study.
as for here we are still tryin to figure out the BOT for the MT

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Need to compare the 2 chassis? I will do so, try to put up the engineering drawings of the 2 chassis. But in my opinion it should be ok to transplant a 4WD into the Inspira: I am also looking at the cheaper Lancer Rallyart instead of the Evo 10. any ideas what is the price of the Evo 10 halfcut now?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
last i heard frm somone is around 30-40k for evo X half cuts only here mostly are the ones with SST, if can get the evo x with MT version would be cheaper maybe.

yea very likely can plug n play eh?

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
north america market will get AWD lancer with 4B11 engine...next year they will launch it...so, it is very do-able just need to find ways to get those north america lancer specs to our shore...

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
halfcuts doesnt really solve the problem because the 3rd diferential is located at the center of the chassis. even with a evo x halfcut, if the inspira chassis have no proper place to store the 3rd diferential (and rear [2nd diff]) it may only run on FWD, which leads to understeer and other problems

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea need to gather more info .
as of now who knows how to play engine mods to the 1b10/11 frm the evo x?

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
DM3, from what i know theoretically, its quite hard to bring evo x engine mods to the current 4b10/11 engine (inspira or lancer) because of the following points:

1. the evo x engine is fine tuned to its spec that its turbocharged and intercooled
2. the mivec cam profiles is for the evo x engine only specifically because of the T/C I/C thus lower compression ratio and different timing angles at different conditions.
3. the evo x engine runs on full time 4wd which means the power output is supposed to supply to 4 wheels for the engine to run in a stable condition and better handling.
4. different evo lancer and lancer chassis code may mean different brackets for additional or other components
5. the evo x drive/half shalft is far different from lancer/inspira fitted.

Technically, it may still be done considering you have enough budget and an experienced technician with good knowledge on this mod. But you might also consider safety issues, engine life, fuel consumption, handling problems and chassis problems. Just my few cents of what I learned in the past week.

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
There is also the slight difference in wheel base.
Lancer / Inspira is at 2635mm
Mit Evo X is at 2650mm

This could mean further problems for the 4WD system on a Lancer / Inspira ...

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
if really really everything transplant from evo x to inspira 2.0 (91k) will still cheaper than the new evo x which is 330k++ except recon evo x, but imo price is not the biggest problem its how are u going to do so..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if really really everything transplant from evo x to inspira 2.0 (91k) will still cheaper than the new evo x which is 330k++ except recon evo x, but imo price is not the biggest problem its how are u going to do so..
evo x at sabah rm2xxK only...

provided insipra as u said rm91,000....fully converted to evo.....should be more than rm150k edi

and dun forget all conversion need to pay by cash/credit card.

for sure inspira converted will be cheaper but there is no resale value :)

conversion is not a problems as long as u got the evo x used stuffs/halfcut

if u r located in kk sabah n seriously need evo x stuffs can let me know

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
evo x at sabah rm2xxK only...

provided insipra as u said rm91,000....fully converted to evo.....should be more than rm150k edi

and dun forget all conversion need to pay by cash/credit card.

for sure inspira converted will be cheaper but there is no resale value :)

conversion is not a problems as long as u got the evo x used stuffs/halfcut

if u r located in kk sabah n seriously need evo x stuffs can let me know
yeah i know thats "recon" evo x like i said
if gonna mod like that i think i wont sell the car
i dont think the evo x mod is gonna be as simple as just plug and play.. need professional and experienced technician which i think kk dun have lagi..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone here managed to embed a DVR video recording camera in their car? Something perhaps like this:

The unit starts when the car is started and offs when engine is turned off.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience