4g93T gsr engine rebuild, need advice

mobb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2005
Hehe 1 more...make sure no extra bolts left in ur hand after u done with everything.

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Hahaha thats rite...always use with rubber glove when installation.
Yeah.. bought a box full of that surgeon type latex gloves. Dirty a bit just throw away. As a result, quality control was a lot better. cleaner too.

Hehe 1 more...make sure no extra bolts left in ur hand after u done with everything.
hehe.. so far after completing short block no extra bolts. But shortage of bolts for w.pump and some other external accessories. Must have misplace them :banghead:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
anybody can help me with my setbacks?

1. the engine started ok. But the electricals (pwr. window, radio...) is not functioning. Plus the "check battery" sign wont turn off.
2. There's a kind of air bleeding out sound coming from the int. manifold/t.body area.. has anybody have a diagnosis or any idea to solve this.

other than that oil pressure register ok... the aladin lamp light has gone off unlike before the rebuild.

Pls advice..

Lazarus

Known Member
Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
i have to see the engine myself to help u solve your problem but do u mean check engine light or the battery indicator light?.

1: if the battery light won't turn off it has to do something with your alternator. trying checking your harness if it's wired up correctly and your alternator belt is in place.

2: could be a busted gasket within those area or u missed a few bolt/nut in those area.

anyway just give me a call bro. will try and help u out.

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
i have to see the engine myself to help u solve your problem but do u mean check engine light or the battery indicator light?.

1: if the battery light won't turn off it has to do something with your alternator. trying checking your harness if it's wired up correctly and your alternator belt is in place.

2: could be a busted gasket within those area or u missed a few bolt/nut in those area.

anyway just give me a call bro. will try and help u out.

Lazarus.. is the "man". :adore: :adore:
Hehe always bothering the sifu. Will call u later la bro.

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Yeahhhhhhhhh Lazarus are man of 4G93 good man and helperss:biggrin:
Anybody have experience with oil leakage around the valve cover @ head area.

Oil is dripping a lil bit on the C.A.S side.. maybe coz i forgot to change its o-rings. Another leakage is around the cam pulley/valve cover on that side of area. I've put some RTV silicone gasket on the valve cover area, but maybe it isn't perfectly spread or maybe its leaking from the cam pulley's oil seal area. I'll post a pic when i can.

Pls advice...

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007

Oil is dripping a lil bit on the C.A.S side.. maybe coz i forgot to change its o-rings. Another leakage is around the cam pulley/valve cover on that side of area. I've put some RTV silicone gasket on the valve cover area, but maybe it isn't perfectly spread or maybe its leaking from the cam pulley's oil seal area. I'll post a pic when i can.

Pls advice...
this problem is normal for gsr turbo,is the engine oil pressure no place out,bore the oil breathe hole bigger and put bigger pipe will be solve this problem,but must fix the oil seal also~

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
this problem is normal for gsr turbo,is the engine oil pressure no place out,bore the oil breathe hole bigger and put bigger pipe will be solve this problem,but must fix the oil seal also~
I'll do that.. maybe just bore & weld a small diameter pipe temporarily. Later do proper an fitting... that is once i can afford a proper oil catch tank. :confused: :confused:

Must take off the timing belt again once more to change campulley oil seal.. arrghh:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Appreciate the advice bro

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
I am hearing a tikka..tikka..tikka sound when the engine is in gear and driven. So far only when at WOT. And it is in sync with the RPM. A little bit sound like lifter, but during idle or not in gear there's no sound.
I'm a bit dishearten bcoz of d sound. Hope anybody can giv any suggestions fast... The engine already clocked 900km. Gonna re-measure the rod bearing clearance soon. Hope it's nothing serious or mortal.
Hopefully will sort all the little errors/problems ASAP. Then only can sleep well.. :argh::argh::bawling::bawling:

Last edited:

CP9A020

Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Your car sounds a bit like mine did. I had the same tik tik tik sound at low rpm and driving further will caused more problems. How loud is yours? I had bearing/conrod problems in the end and turns out it was due to low oil pressure from my oil pump. My turbo broke down as well as a result, conrod got burnt and bearings were scratched with silver shavings in the engine oil. I`m no expert and your case might not be the same as mine but driving slowly or not driving at all until you get it checked out would be good.

Syahz

Known Member
Aug 14, 2009
Australia

Pls advice...
Always use the Original OEM seal.Good for u.price little bit expensive.

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Just completed bearing clearance check up after 1k run-in period. Clearance is still in tolerance, crank pin looks fine, bearing surface still isn't perfectly scrub in..
Lifter noise.. minimal.

Have to monitor the motor's condition to make sure everything runs and stay fine.

goo_61t

500 RPM
Nov 13, 2007
Just completed bearing clearance check up after 1k run-in period. Clearance is still in tolerance, crank pin looks fine, bearing surface still isn't perfectly scrub in..
Lifter noise.. minimal.

Have to monitor the motor's condition to make sure everything runs and stay fine.
mebe the tick tick sound is from preignition(knocking) kot..coz during w.o.t only..have u tune ur car before running in?assumed this cause ur bearing all checked fine..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience