4G93T Club

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
halo all sifus,

my engine also makan engine oil like crazy, no leakage whatsoever when i look undercarriage.
Sometimes when idle got lotsa white smoke coming out of the exhaust. when full on throttle also got white/greyish smoke come out.
when full on throttle sometimes car jerking also.

what does this mean??
any help would be appreciated. :)
if this kind happen,only got two reason,one is piston ring and piston crack already,two is turbo oil seal leak already,for check is very easy one,for reason no one is go for compressor test for your engine,two is open turbine check the oil leak from fin or not?if got is turbo oil seal,hope can help u

UranusFoo

Oct 7, 2008
Chris,

how much is it that your TD05 20G cost ah??? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
pm me.... :adore::adore::adore:
currently me using TD05 VR4.... so the flange & space can fit ah??? car is saga....

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
sifu,
my car putra now using straight step-up pipe, with no brand muffler. i think the sound is too loud. i'm targetting to get the sound near to stock sound, coz i've met a R34 GT-R with 400hp but the sound is just like a stock car. i've asked him what muffler he use, but he say dunno... (stingy dude maybe). So, if i use HKS silent hi-power, is it really silent?

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
sifu,
my car putra now using straight step-up pipe, with no brand muffler. i think the sound is too loud. i'm targetting to get the sound near to stock sound, coz i've met a R34 GT-R with 400hp but the sound is just like a stock car. i've asked him what muffler he use, but he say dunno... (stingy dude maybe). So, if i use HKS silent hi-power, is it really silent?
HKS Hi-power also can produce better sound but if u use the s-flow type of piping much better....but if u already made the straight pipe it will reduce a bit....im using the HKS hyper muffler its sound quite nice during idle but during the turbine kick-off damn kaw syiok...its enough for myself....actually its depend on the owner itself the sound u like the muffler to produce.....me im using also straight piping....cheers :smokin:

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

sifu,
HKS Hi-power also can produce better sound but if u use the s-flow type of piping much better....but if u already made the straight pipe it will reduce a bit....im using the HKS hyper muffler its sound quite nice during idle but during the turbine kick-off damn kaw syiok...its enough for myself....actually its depend on the owner itself the sound u like the muffler to produce.....me im using also straight piping....cheers :smokin:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
sifu,
I use super megaphone 3'' Inlet and 4.5'' outlet
super quiet with bassy sound
love it so much!

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
if this kind happen,only got two reason,one is piston ring and piston crack already,two is turbo oil seal leak already,for check is very easy one,for reason no one is go for compressor test for your engine,two is open turbine check the oil leak from fin or not?if got is turbo oil seal,hope can help u
do i have to take off the whole turbine? or can i just take out the intake hose from the turbine and see it from there if there's any leak on the fin? does compression test also measure any piston ring or valve seal leak?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
do i have to take off the whole turbine? or can i just take out the intake hose from the turbine and see it from there if there's any leak on the fin? does compression test also measure any piston ring or valve seal leak?
just open you turbo hot side housing (turbine housing) and see the fin got oil or wet or not?if the (front turbo compressor) cold side fin got oil or not,compressor test is mean test your engine compressor ratio still normal or work or not?if got low then mean something wrong with your engine like piston ring or piston crack,the head gasket break also will let your engine no compression,give foreman check if u want know faster~

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
as i remember 3 months ago i did top overhaul, they sandblasted the piston surface clean it all and change to metal head gasket. so its not possible that the piston cracked if they noticed they would tell me. so the problem is maybe the turbo, ill check it myself first if i have the time and probably will do compression test too afterward. anyway since i transplanted the engine in 2006 i never serviced the turbo. so maybe its about time :)

thanks for your help chriss really appreciated it.

p/s: if u have any recommended workshop (or maybe ur shop) do tell me. cheers.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
as i remember 3 months ago i did top overhaul, they sandblasted the piston surface clean it all and change to metal head gasket. so its not possible that the piston cracked if they noticed they would tell me. so the problem is maybe the turbo, ill check it myself first if i have the time and probably will do compression test too afterward. anyway since i transplanted the engine in 2006 i never serviced the turbo. so maybe its about time :)

bro sometimes things might just happen for example it might have the problem after you overhaul bro. overhaul doesnt means ur engine is going to be healthy bro. it depends on your mechanic whether got do the right job on the overhauling by checking every pieces of your engine bro

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007

u are welcome,u got pm~

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
Guys..my car finally got out last week..and so do the problem setel oledy..thanks guys..:biggrin:

one more thing..just back from the chopped shop..and found 1 set of tien abs taken out from mazda Rx 7 halfcut..they said this abs can fit in wira..dunno whether is true or not..so can you guys help me clarify. Dun wan regret later..thank you.

URL=http://img530.imageshack.us/i/image091n.jpg/]
[/URL]
URL=http://img42.imageshack.us/i/image092o.jpg/]
[/URL]

Last edited:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Guys..my car finally got out last week..and so do the problem setel oledy..thanks guys..:biggrin:

one more thing..just back from the chopped shop..and found 1 set of tien abs taken out from mazda Rx 7 halfcut..they said this abs can fit in wira..dunno whether is true or not..so can you guys help me clarify. Dun wan regret later..thank you.

URL=http://img530.imageshack.us/i/image091n.jpg/]
[/URL]
URL=http://img42.imageshack.us/i/image092o.jpg/]
[/URL]
lol i doubt so man..
beside that RX7 is so old already the absorber might not be in good condition

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
haha...you're rite bro..i'm olso afraid bout their condition..summore servicing cost surely high rite..
but this abs surely cheap bro..1 set for 750 bucks..damm cheap for this high p4mance abs..

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
gyus can recommend any performance cams for 4g93 dohc..non turbo...not sure the exact code..currently in my putra...swap engine with 4g93 from japan halfcut...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
haha...you're rite bro..i'm olso afraid bout their condition..summore servicing cost surely high rite..
but this abs surely cheap bro..1 set for 750 bucks..damm cheap for this high p4mance abs..
what kind of performance abs is that? 750 pretty expensive bro, top up a little bit can buy hwl or gab 2nd hand already

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just bought a rear set of TRD adjustable absorber(dark blue) from someone.
I have checked properly b4 i installed it to my car (No leaking and condition ok) but once installed, got some weird sound from the right side..like Kook Koook especially the road is rough. Anyone faced this problem b4? very headache.:mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience