4G93T Club

jeffy

Feb 1, 2009
advise needed..

Hi all,

I have the following setup:

4g93T+Mivec top with HKS GT2835 Pro-S turbo. AR.48 on the hotside.

currently running internally gated, with 2.5" Downpipe.

Stock intake manifold and throttlebody, Evo9 intercooler,
Forged internals + ARP studs.

Currently running 4x560cc injectors from evo9, I have another set of 800cc injectors by sard ready to push this baby up.

Most of my friends and workshop are suggesting me to run it with external wastegate for efficiency and stable boost but I'll have to re-do a brand new manifold, and it also defeats the purpose of getting the Pro S version of the HKS2835 as they have another externally gated 2835.

The next thing im going to do would likely be:

1. Alu intake manifold + TB
2. Replace injectors and retune
2.5. downsize current injectors and add 4 more injectors and retune

the Last tune achieved about only 300whp @ 1bar, ran into 3 problems,
unable to hold boost
fuel press drop after 7k
TPS sensor fluctuating.

Right all this 3 problems has been resolved,

What should I do next? This is a daily driven car and im only getting about 6.4-7km/L with light footted driving on my Microtech LT10s. If possible I would want both power and alittle bit more fuel economy, maybe about >7.5km/L I'll be very happy

Would downsizing the injectors and add additional injectors improve on fuel economy for daily driver?

I would hope to bring this up to 1.5-2bar efficiently, can I get some advice from Sifus here?

Regards
Jeff

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
adding additional injectors before the throttle is a thing of the pass... fuel and air are not mix as good as those that runs with the intake manifold direct to your combustion chamber.
when u already have LT10s you can control the 800cc injectors pretty well. it all depends what your engine fuelling requirements for your target boost. if the current 590cc is not enough to support 2 bar boost.. den you are required to use the 800cc. we have a mivec hybrid using gt35 turbo with 700cc injectors, the injectors maxed out on 1.2bars of boost. so to keep the engine from blowing apart.. we had to limit the boost to only 1bar.

300whp is good enough already for a street car bro... somemore not enough ka? what power target you want?

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
im going to install e-timer, which require to tap the speed sensor. it said, we need to set the car pulse. so, anybody know wats is the number? 4, 8?? or wat?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
adding additional injectors before the throttle is a thing of the pass... fuel and air are not mix as good as those that runs with the intake manifold direct to your combustion chamber.
when u already have LT10s you can control the 800cc injectors pretty well. it all depends what your engine fuelling requirements for your target boost. if the current 590cc is not enough to support 2 bar boost.. den you are required to use the 800cc. we have a mivec hybrid using gt35 turbo with 700cc injectors, the injectors maxed out on 1.2bars of boost. so to keep the engine from blowing apart.. we had to limit the boost to only 1bar.

300whp is good enough already for a street car bro... somemore not enough ka? what power target you want?
haha maybe 400 is only enough for him haha..

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
stock internals 4g93t with td05 and 1.3bar boost is slightly over the limit edi bro...
danger danger... cannot "tarik" lama lama... piston top land cannot tahan the pressure.

UranusFoo

Oct 7, 2008
stock internals 4g93t with td05 and 1.3bar boost is slightly over the limit edi bro...
danger danger... cannot "tarik" lama lama... piston top land cannot tahan the pressure.
Can GSR RS internal withstand such pressure??? I'm using GSR RS engine with VR4 TD05 turbine, Walbro fuel pump, GSR Banana with external 1.3 bar wastegate & Microtech LT10S management, etc on a LMST Saga.... please advice me ya.... :confused::confused::confused:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
agree with that...1bar of boost is more than enough for a longer engine health hehe

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Can GSR RS internal withstand such pressure??? I'm using GSR RS engine with VR4 TD05 turbine, Walbro fuel pump, GSR Banana with external 1.3 bar wastegate & Microtech LT10S management, etc on a LMST Saga.... please advice me ya.... :confused::confused::confused:
not bad setup..
but seriosuly boost too high engine cannot tahan bro...

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
the head stud also will out 100%confirm the stock gsr head stud cant hold 1.3 bar with td05,not the piston~is head open make the head gasket blow then the fuel will go where?finally the piston break,this is a blow 15 engine fella answer,i don care ppl trust me or not,i only talk the true~thank you

zeni-tani

Nov 5, 2008
chrisyong: Hey bro did you recieve my email and PM? Need you to hook me up with that cometic head gasket. Ill buy now, you said you have stock correct?

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i have driven with this setting for more than 3yrs...
i believe with good engine management will be fine!

agreed with ftzone.. dont tarik lama lama...
tarik till max 7200rpm is ok... want safe.. tarik till 7000rpm is very safe!

UranusFoo, with microtech shouldnt be a problem to hold 1.3bar.
provided set by pro-tuner.
if u r trust me enuf.. go a head! u will happy with such ''tarik power''!!!

:driver::driver:

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

i have boost to 1.5bar @ 280ps once.
coz ff, wheel spin badly... my car no lsd
gear 1 - 3 running like a ''snake''!

Last edited:

UranusFoo

Oct 7, 2008
the head stud also will out 100%confirm the stock gsr head stud cant hold 1.3 bar with td05,not the piston~is head open make the head gasket blow then the fuel will go where?finally the piston break,this is a blow 15 engine fella answer,i don care ppl trust me or not,i only talk the true~thank you
Bro Chriss Yong, can advise where is the head stud??? is it the teppet??? my teppet noisy like diesel car leh... but me using 1.8mm MMC metal casket lah.... beside that my engine internal is stock GSR RS....

On external for :
1. Fuel management, all changed right from Walbro fuel pump to engine except for fuel injector... with HKS fuel rail, WORKS standard size fuel regulator....
2. For air flow, all changed right from open pot filter (w/o air flow) with S/S I/C piping right up to stock throttle body using EVO3 original intercooler & SSQV BOV....
3. For turbo, I'm using VR4 TD05.... with Greddy Electronic Boost Controller
4. For engine management, I'm using Microtech LT10S.
5. For exhaust, all change using banana with external 1.3 bars AVG wastegate with 2.5" piping right up to Speedworks center bullet & 3" for center to rear Blitz NUR muffer....
6. For GB, I'm using EVO3 1.5 semi-LSD with EVO3 Final Drive & VR4 double pressure clutch cover with Excedy racing clutch pad....
7. For brake systems, I'm using Mit Pajero double layered master pump servo with Skyline R32 front & rear braking systems.... i.e. 4 pot front 2 pot rear... with Pro-RS fuel hose
8. For body enhancement, full Ultra Racing after market bars for Saga LMST except room bar with additional customised bars from UR....
9. Others would be like Pro-Rally plug cable, Arospeed Adjustable cam pulley & Arospeed Aluminium Light weight crank pully, Arospeed Oil Catch Tank, etc....

So bro, with such details if I don't change my internal, with EVO3 TD05 turbine, can I "safely" boost 1.3 to 1.5 bars???

UranusFoo, with microtech shouldnt be a problem to hold 1.3bar.
provided set by pro-tuner.
if u r trust me enuf.. go a head! u will happy with such ''tarik power''!!!
My Microtech is tuned by Millennium Motorsport leh.... but my turbo maximum boost only until 1.1 bars now.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
My that TD05 fin had been grinded off by 1mm but fully service with new repair kit bcos during half-cut, the fin got pecah2 like kena batu like that....

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
fuh.. alot of stuffs...
head studs go for ARP Head Studs... i have them in stock. MYR620.00 with postage.
but dun need yet if your engine power do not exceed 300hp

Last edited:

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
WTS JUN 272 Degree Lift 10.85 Hi Cam For 4g93t
With the retainer valve spring.
Reason for sale: Need $$ for other item. Anyone ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
Anyone can help me?
I recently fitted turbo to my EG9 and would like to lower the tempreture of my engine.
I would wish very much for the normal way (oil cooler / bigger radiator / etc etc)
but due to the modification of my engine, there isnt much space for a bigger radiator.

Can anyone help suggest some methods of cooling it?
(dun want to open my bornet as ... it looks kinda "bengish")
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience