4G93T Club

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
yes. they still work on 4g93t.. also they have loads of performance parts for it as well. go pay them a visit

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
For those "fed up" with the stock lifters a.k.a tappets "ticking" noise.
I have a solution for you.

Brand New. Made in USA. ELGIN performance hydraulic lifters for the following applications is available now.

4G91 DOHC, 4G93 NA/TURBO DOHC, 6A12 V6 DOHC (V6 requires 24pcs)

Call me at 0164786000 for information.

Attachments

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Yeah very sick of the tappets ticking noise..

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
hi sirs, do the fuel pump (walbro) is turning on whenever i turn the key to "on". i hear the fuel pump functioning even before i start the engine. thnks

Eswarah149

Jul 15, 2012
Johor Bahru
hello im using waja 4g93 GDI turbo...i want put big intercooler size 600*300*76 (3 inch) with steel piping. But the former say dont put big intercooler cuz cant get response. If put smaller size 450 x 180 x 65 2.5inch got response and 10% horsepower....

So all i need now which is true big or small intercooler good this GDI 4g93t ?
Any SIFU there pls help.... :confused:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hello im using waja 4g93 GDI turbo...i want put big intercooler size 600*300*76 (3 inch) with steel piping. But the former say dont put big intercooler cuz cant get response. If put smaller size 450 x 180 x 65 2.5inch got response and 10% horsepower....

So all i need now which is true big or small intercooler good this GDI 4g93t ?
Any SIFU there pls help.... :confused:
y do u need a big intercooler?..to show off?..if u r running on stock turbine, stock intercooler is good enough..

newbie4g93t

Dec 27, 2012
Sabah
hi..im newbie here..nice to meet u guys...

i'v got a 4g93t standard in my car (96 wira) and i think it is a gsr rs bcoz the big intercooler infront..correct me if i'm wrong.
the 4g93t halfcut was auto actually but i change to manual when the installation begin..but i donno what GB the mechanic use..
for the first time the clutch lining burn bcoz too much slipy,other mechanic told me the GB use 8" clutch lining also the flywheel and etc..
so now i still use 8" like the old 1 but diffrent brand.(the mechanic told me la..he)...
same problm again, the clutch too slipy when high RPM or heavy inside my car or drive the high hill...
the question is:
1)what is the problem actually?
2) what the original manual GB for my engine..what code..what the GB,flywheel,lining,cover etc spec?

ples help me...tq

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If I'm not mistaken... the half cut should be libero which is a wagon... it has 210ps with higher compression piston..
A rs version usual comes with manual air con... n no power window n etc... while the wagon n standard gsr comes with digital unit... they call it rs just because d front mount intercooler n charge it at higher price...

Regarding the gear box... assume that ur mechanic has used a N.A. gearbox which is normally 8 inch flywheel... gsr standard comes with 9 inch flywheel n it uses 9 inch clutch plate... u will still face d slip problem even thou u use a 3 puck clutch just because it's 8 inch... to encounter this problem. .. u have to change to 9 inch flywheel... n the gearbox housing can be sent to machine shop to machine the "face" to fit the 9 inch flywheel..

Just some 0.1 cent info n suggestion from me...
Do correct me if wrong... cheers...

newbie4g93t

Dec 27, 2012
Sabah
stand3t..

yes its come with digital air con..so its must be a libero halfcut right (with big intercooler infront)..not a standard GSR or GSR RS..is it right?
how to find the halfcut or the engine come from which car?

so..assume i want to change my GB:
1)what manual GBs are suitable for standard use not for drag or race (just can drive the car without any problem.not the hi GB or minimum GB,just the middle performance 1)?i want the GB just plug n play not kawin2 or skim etc..(safety first..hehehe)
2)what the GBs code?
3)is it 4wd or 2wd?
4)is it lsd, semi lsd or not lsd?

so,if i use the 8.5" flywheel and etc, is it still slip problem or not?

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the version of the gsr can be always checked by looking at the chassis code as well as the ecu code...

since u are looking for a manual gearbox that plug n play n no skimming take place then u should source for the standard gsr gearbox (i have no idea about the code... never bother... hahaha)

the gsr comes with 9 inch flywheel as standard and it tends to slip when the clucth plate worn... another scenario that u should look into is it will tends to slip in the high rpm when u tweak the boost from 0.7 to 1.0 (my friend faced this problem but i have no issue with it even i m running at 1.1 bar) So, do u think 8.5 inch is sufficient?

IMO, just go for gsr standard 4wd gearbox... which can be fitted with 9inch flywheel since u do not prefer skimming job to take place... keep in mind that welding job will be needed to lock the 4wd gearbox to 2wd...

newbie4g93t

Dec 27, 2012
Sabah
the complete set (GB,flywheel,clutch n etc)of GSR gearbox easy to find (online or workshop)?

how much?

what other gearbox can use?the easy 1 to do and low cost..ur suggestion ples...

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gearbox can find in halfcut shop... price not sure...

The current gearbox that u r using is the easiest way n cheapest... just send the housing to skim to fit the 9 inch flywheel... most of the ppl who are using n.a. 2wd gearbox will skim it to fit in the flywheel...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows about this company? i think my friend has been cheated. he buys a te37 with this company. but until know the company dont have any respond. if anyone have information about this company, their location, contact number or anything, please respond. thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience