Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Hi all,
do i need to tuning after change change/upgrade item below:

1. install Electronic boost controller
2. upgrade fuel pump to walbro

TQ
I recommend you have an adjustable fuel regulator (if you don't already have one) and double check your fuel pressure. Verify your pressure using another meter as the meter sometimes fitted to the fuel regulator is inaccurate.

If you are now running higher boost levels, get your car on a dyno and check your AFR.

Wan Syazwan

From Facebook
Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com
I'm using 4G93 GDI, same say "reverse engine" equivalent to evo 4, 6 & 7 mounting.
1) My 4G93 have idling problem, the RPM going up and down during idling, is this a big issue?
2) Which workshop at Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur area can look at my 4G93? most workshop I went to said GDI is a high maintenance engine.
3) Should i replace the engine? Which engine good for long distance and low fuel consumption?

Poseidon

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Hi all,

Went to a spare part shop to look for a timing belt for GSR 4G93T, the spare part shop was unsure as he mention there are two different teeth (Gigi) of timing belt. One of them has 153 teeth and 154 teeth for the second. I am confuse which belt is right. Am looking for the original Mitsubishi ones.

Please help.

Thanks.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Hi all,

Went to a spare part shop to look for a timing belt for GSR 4G93T, the spare part shop was unsure as he mention there are two different teeth (Gigi) of timing belt. One of them has 153 teeth and 154 teeth for the second. I am confuse which belt is right. Am looking for the original Mitsubishi ones.

Please help.

Thanks.
If your engine is from a mitsubishi lancer or libero CD5A or CW5A chassis you will be using the 154 teeth. 153 is for evo3 la...

Poseidon

Known Member
May 1, 2005
yup, it is from a mitsubishi lancer. Hopefully what im getting is a right belt as i went to another spare part shop and asked for a Mitsubishi 1.8 GSR timing belt and they sold it without saying how many teeth are there.

Thanks again. :biggrin:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
ftzone! long time no see.. wanna ask, what clutch plate size should i use? 4g93t std setup, with 4wd gsr locked gb.
8.5", 9"?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
ftzone! long time no see.. wanna ask, what clutch plate size should i use? 4g93t std setup, with 4wd gsr locked gb.
8.5", 9"?
it should be 9" clutch the same with EVO1-3
EXEDY Semi Racing cover + 3pad disc MYR1000.00
Go sparepart shop buy bearing (price about MYR50)

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
I'm using 4G93 GDI, same say "reverse engine" equivalent to evo 4, 6 & 7 mounting.
1) My 4G93 have idling problem, the RPM going up and down during idling, is this a big issue?
2) Which workshop at Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur area can look at my 4G93? most workshop I went to said GDI is a high maintenance engine.
3) Should i replace the engine? Which engine good for long distance and low fuel consumption?

1) it is most likely the ISC. It controls the idling. There are some ways to test them online.
2) There are a couple in Sunway area (near sunway college), where they are pretty familiar with such cars.
3) Fuel consumption depends on the scenario. FC on 4g93T will be much better than a typical 1.5l car when it is loaded with 4 adults.

fifty50

Dec 14, 2007
hi all...

i'm also new 4g93T owner...
like shiyau maybe :wavey:

just stock into my 1.3 chassis for a month...
but only 2weeks having fun, then i feel want some more power :banghead:

currently im using standard 4g93T
any suggestion from all sifu?

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to the 4g93T world :wavey: Plenty of good advice here, just need to do some searching. :)

fifty50: Best advice I can give you is to do in-depth look-over of your engine. Definitely there will be things needing to be changed. Do all of this first before going for power upgrades. Once engine is in good condition, start with suspension and brake mods. Since your chassis is originally 1.3, plenty of things you can change to Evo parts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Castrol has continued to strengthen its’ position in football by signing a partnership with UEFA to sponsor the EURO 2012 tournament, which will be jointly hosted by Poland and Ukraine. The new agreement awards the global lubricants company a worldwide rights package for the duration of the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament.

As sponsor of UEFA EURO 2012™, Castrol will continue to use their heritage of analysis...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience