4G93T Club

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
MT-90 is for non LSD gear box, that is what i have been told.

D0m|n|k3i

Jan 30, 2008
i've used redline before...nice....
rm60 per bottle....needed 4 bottles
MT-90 is for non LSD gear box, that is what i have been told.
so anyone have an idea of which redline oil we have to use....? MT-90 seems to be the top of the line in their website for transmission oil.....the rest are diff oil which comes under GL-5 oil type. Our transmissions are supporse to be using GL-4 oil type.

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hey guys..is there anyone here running a TWIN SCROLL setup + Mivec head on your 4G93T? Thinking of..hmmm..hahaha

And is it stupid to run a smaller turbo and use the MIVEC to enhance driveability in the 1500-5000rpm range instead of whacking top-end ? thinking of a retune and a change in turbo setup lah..want to enhance low-end torque

D0m|n|k3i

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone had a broken "clockspring" before of the CK dash...? how much are they in chop shops?

MISGSR

Sep 29, 2005
don't use redline in anything.. it leaves powder like deposit... it is NOT a fix.. just a "band-aid" solution.. it only covers up what is potentially wrong

have a look here what oils they use Meek Automotive - this is where i service and modify my car

zer03

Jul 23, 2005
Somewhere
Hi guys...

Just wanted to get your advise on something. Awhile back my car is blowing alot of white smoke and upon sending it to the mechs... they say that i might have broken some piston rings. Apparently the cylinder wall are also effected hence he said need to rebore to fix this (mech say piston abit wobbly).

Is this possible?, and is there any other alternative solution from rebore. It seem finding an oversized (81.5mm) piston for a 4G93T series are quite expensive nowaday.

Anyway im running a fully stock 4G93T..

Appreciate anyone advise on ths matter...

Cheers...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Hi guys...

Just wanted to get your advise on something. Awhile back my car is blowing alot of white smoke and upon sending it to the mechs... they say that i might have broken some piston rings. Apparently the cylinder wall are also effected hence he said need to rebore to fix this (mech say piston abit wobbly).

Is this possible?, and is there any other alternative solution from rebore. It seem finding an oversized (81.5mm) piston for a 4G93T series are quite expensive nowaday.

Anyway im running a fully stock 4G93T..

Appreciate anyone advise on ths matter...

Cheers...
White smoke blowing can be due to a couple of reasons.
1. Valve seals
2. Piston Rings (white smoke does come out from breather as well)
3. Turbo

Engine taken out already? If visual inspection confirmed the crack rings & distorted cylinder wall, the only way is to rebore and fit a slightly larger bore pistons. Otherwise just replace the rings and send your block to the machine shop to polish your cylinder walls.

You can have a couple of ways to rebuild (assuming pistons are required to be replaced)
1. 4AGZE Supercharger Pistons 81mm or 81.5mm is available. (Wallet Damage MYR820.00) with piston rings
1a. Conrods need to be sent to machine shop to match pin diameter size from 19mm to 20mm (wallet damage MYR100-200)
2. Wiseco Custom Pistons 82mm bore. (wallet damage MYR1900) re-bore block required.
2a. Totally optional. Duratech Forged rods MYR1350.00
3. Metal head gasket MYR150-180
4. You can also purchase the top set overhaul kit if most seals requires replacement anyways.

peterfrancis

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Hi Guys,

Had fun reading throguh like 30 pages of this thread, very informative.
Been an N/A bagus kaki for a while, but now am thinking of going the turbo route for my 4g93 :-P
Reached the stage where I'd like moooart power! hehe.
I've got a 4g93p now, wondering if anyone can help me with a list of items and approximate pricing for me to upgrade to a turbo, inc forged pistons and rods, AND whether i should/can keep my block or move to a true 4g93t head and block?

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
White smoke blowing can be due to a couple of reasons.
1. Valve seals
2. Piston Rings (white smoke does come out from breather as well)
3. Turbo

Engine taken out already? If visual inspection confirmed the crack rings & distorted cylinder wall, the only way is to rebore and fit a slightly larger bore pistons. Otherwise just replace the rings and send your block to the machine shop to polish your cylinder walls.

You can have a couple of ways to rebuild (assuming pistons are required to be replaced)
1. 4AGZE Supercharger Pistons 81mm or 81.5mm is available. (Wallet Damage MYR820.00) with piston rings
1a. Conrods need to be sent to machine shop to match pin diameter size from 19mm to 20mm (wallet damage MYR100-200)
2. Wiseco Custom Pistons 82mm bore. (wallet damage MYR1900) re-bore block required.
2a. Totally optional. Duratech Forged rods MYR1350.00
3. Metal head gasket MYR150-180
4. You can also purchase the top set overhaul kit if most seals requires replacement anyways.

Interesting. Please let us know the outcome of your 'white smoke' problem. Would be interesting to see if new pistons are really needed. I am still running fully stock, and hoping it will last a long time....

MSDN

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
I have problem with my LSD gearbox, I have identified that the right side of the drive shaft has a bit of free play, and now, when turning , there will be knocking sound, just like those full locked LSD.

Do you guys know where I can service the gearbox?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
morning all

Ive just Purchased a 1995 Lancer 1800 GSR CD5A

what's the safe boost level on a TD04??

u wanna play safe, stock boost then..0.7bar..However, 1.0bar still ok with tuning on a piggy back..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Modern takes on classic wheels has been around for a while now with the American muscle cars leading the way. However, iconic designs like the Lancia Stratos would surely be met with deeper scrutiny if its designs were viewed through current eyewear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience